It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question on what this might symbolize

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Sorry about this, tried googling it but nothing came up.

What would a wolf symoblize in a prophecy?

Many thanks in advance!

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
A wolf could symbolize many things. We would need to know more of the surrounding information to venture a guess.

In a general way (a VERY general way, and I'm sure there are a lot of folks here who know way more about it than I do), wolves symbolize things like strength, family, solitary pursuits (which seems contrary to family, but it isn't - it's where you get the phrase "lone wolf"), it can also mean war depending on what surrounds it. This is just a very basic few to get you started. Like I said...we need more info.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Yep.
A wolf could also symbolize a country. Nostradamus made reference to a bunch of constellations that are named for animals, and used them (people think) to prophecize about countries.

I remember reading somewhere on the internet (heaven knows where, it was years ago) that each major country or empire has a constellation above it. The U.S. has Aquila -the Eagle; Russia has Ursa -the Bear; The U.K. has Leo -the Lion, etc. So maybe "Wolf" represents Rome?

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I am a follower of Wolf. Wolf is the teacher, the one who knows how to have strong tribal/clan bonds. Wolves are loyal to a fault. The idea of the Lone Wolf came from a solution that Wolves worked out. What to do with members of the pack who for whatever reason, could not or would not carry their weight. THey were kicked out of the pack and left to fend for themselves.

The White Wolf is the patron symbol of the Abandoned Child.

Can you give more information?

-Forestlady

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I don't know if this will help you or not,but the reading is impressive to say the least.

One question,"Are you pertaining to any one Wolf symbol, or are you speaking of the Wolf in general folklare?".

www.wolfsongalaska.org...

[edit on 1-3-2006 by Allred5923]

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Wow thanks a ton guys!

Can't really give out more information about it, dream was mainly about the wolf, understood what everything else symbolized.

O and a question to MaidenWOlf, What would need to be the surroundings for it to be connected to war?

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I remember reading somewhere on the internet (heaven knows where, it was years ago) that each major country or empire has a constellation above it. The U.S. has Aquila -the Eagle; Russia has Ursa -the Bear; The U.K. has Leo -the Lion, etc. So maybe "Wolf" represents Rome?

Wouldn't the constellations above your country constantly be changing?

[edit on 4-3-2006 by Barcs]

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I think so. Like I said, I read it on the internet...
And what's presented on the internet and what's real aren't exactly the same thing

One of these days I'm going to own a star globe... (sigh)

Anyway, The Snafued 1; can you tell us anything about the dream/prophecy yet? I'm dying to know!

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Busymind
I think so. Like I said, I read it on the internet...
And what's presented on the internet and what's real aren't exactly the same thing

One of these days I'm going to own a star globe... (sigh)

Anyway, The Snafued 1; can you tell us anything about the dream/prophecy yet? I'm dying to know!

Lol, Its not that big a deal. It was just a dream about a wolf. I normally know what my dreams stand for but i had no idea what the wolf meant. If you REALLLLYYYY REALLLLYYY want to know i might talk about it one day, but i think it is best that people don't know.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Lithuania, an ancient country on the Baltic Sea, has great regard for the wolf. As legend would have it, in 1393 Mindaugas, the first King of Lithuania dreamt of a wolf while sleeping near a great hill. When he awoke, he believed that the wolf had told him to build a city. In response to that dream, Mindaugas built the city of Vilnius, the capital of Lithuania.

Today, Lithuanians hold the wolf to be a sacred creature. It should be pointed out that Lithuania was the last country in Europe to accept Christianity. The Lithuanians were pagans, nature worshipers. Even though, today, most Lithuanians are Roman Catholic, most Lithuanians still hold many ancient pagan beliefs. Furthermore, there has been a strong revival of Lithuania's ancient pagan practices and customs. The Romuva society is the name of the official organization of the Baltic Pagan religion. Romuva takes it's name from the ancient pagan place of worship in Prussia, one of the tribes of the Baltic people collectively known as Lithuanians.

Perhaps, like Mindaugas, your dream of a wolf might have have great importance to you in much the same way it had for King Mindaugas of Lithuania. Maybe you are being called to do great things....ever consider building a city?

[edit on 6/5/2006 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
Lithuania, an ancient country on the Baltic Sea, has great regard for the wolf. As legend would have it, in 1393 Mindaugas, the first King of Lithuania dreamt of a wolf while sleeping near a great hill. When he awoke, he believed that the wolf had told him to build a city. In response to that dream, Mindaugas built the city of Vilnius, the capital of Lithuania.

Today, Lithuanians hold the wolf to be a sacred creature. It should be pointed out that Lithuania was the last country in Europe to accept Christianity. The Lithuanians were pagans, nature worshipers. Even though, today, most Lithuanians are Roman Catholic, most Lithuanians still hold many ancient pagan beliefs. Furthermore, there has been a strong revival of Lithuania's ancient pagan practices and customs. The Romuva society is the name of the official organization of the Baltic Pagan religion. Romuva takes it's name from the ancient pagan place of worship in Prussia, one of the tribes of the Baltic people collectively known as Lithuanians.

Perhaps, like Mindaugas, your dream of a wolf might have have great importance to you in much the same way it had for King Mindaugas of Lithuania. Maybe you are being called to do great things....ever consider building a city?

[edit on 6/5/2006 by benevolent tyrant]

Well i have definatly heard that story before.

I was wondering if my dream had anything to do with Mindaugas. Besides it being a wolf of iron, was their any mention to a howl or the color of it's eyes? sorry for the details, i should have remebered it from the Karaliaus Mindaugo Jubiliejine Stovkyla, they had a huge speech on it.

Bet, as ziurejuie i merginas
sshhh ne sikie nieko!! lol

new topics

top topics

join