It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tamiflu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Tamiflu is freely available over the border in Mexico (a 90 minute drive for me), but of course I wouldn't personally consider that course of action as it's a Misdemeanor offence (procuring prescription drugs without a prescription).

I believe it's also available by mail order in Europe, which is superb.

Only known defence against H5N1 so I hear. Apparently the UK already has 1.5 million doses stockpiled.

Get your own I say.

[edit on 28-2-2006 by Winchester Ranger T]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Or if we all get a ton, we can give it to ourselves in surplus, and possibly give the virus a chance to mutate into something that could be resistant to the one drug that has a chance of stopping it.

By all means, buy tamiflu, just don't horde it.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
If you really want it you can order it through any online pharmacy--they will even write the prescription for you--highly questionable if not downright illegal. The medicine you get may even be the right thing. There was a news show up here did an article on it W5 or something like it.

Why would you want it? it hasn't been provent to work for the bird flu. If it does the bird flu or some other virus may mutate so it is immune anyway. And the drug itself has a limited shelf life to be effective--how long it will last before being used, I personally do not know, but every medicine has a shelf life. Are you willing to spend hundreds of dollars on a medicine that you may never need and will have to throw away and rebuy again in 2 years?

If you have money to burn, do it, or burn the money, it might work out the same.

Sorry to be such a downer.

join