It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaida's Leader in Saudi Arabia Killed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Saudi Arabia appears to be cracking down hard on al qaida, they got the number one man and two others, while tracking down those responsible for the bombing at the Oil Plant the other day.

Leader of al-Qaida in Saudi Arabia Killed

The leader of al-Qaida in Saudi Arabia and two men who helped attack the world's largest oil-processing complex were among five militants killed during police raids in the capital, authorities said Tuesday.

The announcement was the first acknowledgment by Saudi authorities that some attackers had escaped after Friday's attack on the Abqaiq facility, which processes about two-thirds of the country's oil for export.

Fahd Faraaj al-Juwair, the kingdom's most-wanted terror suspect, and two militants who attacked the Abqaiq facility, died in a Monday shootout, the Interior Ministry said in a statement carried by the official Saudi Press Agency. Two other militants also were killed.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I am not too sure about this on the surface it sounds good, but on the other hand my mind wants to say hmmmmm. Is this for real?

Edit to fix tags

[edit on 2/28/2006 by shots]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
If it is for real GREAT... if its not ...I'll be hoping for when it is

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Im not shocked, these people attacked Saudi Arabia's money maker. You have to expect crack downs when people mess with something like that.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Am I reading this right? The leader of Saudi Arabia's al-Qaeda was in one of the cars that were blown up the other day?

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
This is good news against the war on terror right? Why isn't there more coverage of this I wonder?

- Nazgarn

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I hope this news is accurate but I'm afraid this terrorist problem will continue for many years with our grandchildren having to live with it.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Am I reading this right? The leader of Saudi Arabia's al-Qaeda was in one of the cars that were blown up the other day?

I do not think he was in the car. According to the article it says they were killed in a shoot out while searching for accomplice's.

The fourth slain militant was identified as Saudi Jaffal Rafea al-Shamari, whose identity has not previously been made public. Authorities said they are still trying to identify a fifth militant killed in what they called a "fierce" but brief gunbattle in eastern Riyadh.

All were sought in connection with the attack, but the authorities did not say which of the five men participated.

Leader of al-Qaida in Saudi Arabia Killed

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I am willing to bet by the sound of it there may be more lurking and they are still looking for them.

[edit on 2/28/2006 by shots]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Interesting the leader went on this attack. DOes this mean that they're running out of recruits, so now management has to participate on a blue collar level ?

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think the leader as killed in the shoot out raid and not the attack on the Oil processing complex.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Ho many times have we heard thta the #2 guy in Al Qaeda has been killed? They have so darn many #2 guys....they always have new ones taking their place

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jalengrma
Ho many times have we heard thta the #2 guy in Al Qaeda has been killed? They have so darn many #2 guys....they always have new ones taking their place

What they said is The leader of al-Qaida in Saudi Arabia. That is not the same as the number two man of al Qaida. For example the leader in Iraq I assume is Al zarqawi (sp?)

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Yeah, but they've killed the leader of AQ in SA before. I guess a new one just slides into position immediately. I'll bet there's already a listing on monster for the job, lol.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Oh yeah, here's a link to one of the last times they killed AQ's leader in Saudi Arabia....

6/11–19/2004 Terrorists kidnap and execute Paul Johnson, Jr., an American, in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Nearly a week after his capture, photos of his body are posted on an Islamist website. Saudi security forces find and kill four suspected terrorists, including the self-proclaimed military leader of al-Qaeda in Saudi Arabia, after they are seen dumping a body.

www.infoplease.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Terrorism ??? what are you ppl talking about ?? Terrorism does NOT exhist...According to Mr and Mrs. Clinton, Mr. Kennedy and Mr. Kerry amonsgt other members of the "fantastci" democratic party, terrorism is just a "state of mind", made -up by Mr. Bush to keep the wolrd in fear and get votes.

so ... what Terrorism ??? It doesnt exhist

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Maybe it's a lie and a smokescreen to get us to trust the UAE/Saudis/Arabs, so this port deal will go through and then the Arabs can blow us to kingdom come.

join