It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we training a whole new set of future terrorists in Iraq?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
IMO we are. Think about the fact that if our government had not funded and trained armed guerilla factions in Afghanistan there would be no Al Quaida and there would be no Osama Bin Laden to fight today. We were so hell bent as a nation on undermining the Russian efforts that we unknowingly funded, armed and trained our future public enemy #1. Now I believe by training Iraqi police and military units and teaching them the methods of military engagement we are now creating not just a sleeper cell of terrorists, but an entire brigade of well schooled killers that will soon turn their rifles against us. How can this be justified? Todays friend is often tomorrows foe. Between the Iranians, who we are already at the brink of war with, and the existing insurgents all over Syria and the middle east, how are we going to get our military out of this mess that we have created? Combine the Iranian armies with Al Quida and these Iraqi death squads that we are training and it will make for a bloodbath for our troops that will make our losses in Vietnam seem miniscule. What a mess. How long will this war go on?

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Absolutely, we could be training terrorists of the future.

I've always wondered how are the loyalties of the potential Iraqi police or Army volunteers determined.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   
From the recent news, many analysts have said that the future terrorist will be different from what you see. They are much more well educated, as in having degrees, blend easily with the surroundings/people and better technology. All this ragged and AKs wielding thugs are no more according to research and investigation.

What I'm afraid of are computer geeks as terrorist. They could be as annoying as hell.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Your 100% right blackops. I do think our government is not stupid enough to teach them everything we use and just basic tactics on how to restore the order in Iraq and that would be it. They wont have any idea about how the Special-Ops forces work such as delta,devgru,rangers etc. but thats just my theory. I could be wrong and our government is really as dumb as we all think.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   
K, this is my two cents but bear with me...

The iraqi provisional army we are training... currently there is no penalty for desertion other than no more paychecks beyond the last day they made roll call.

HOW freakin scary is that?

some dude that made it 3 weeks in an abridged how to kill people effectivelly 101 class can just walk.... and we still give him his last paycheck.

So in answer to the threads stated question... I will answer an unqualified and huge YES. Not only are we training the next batch of insurgents but we are ginning up batches with skills the initial generation wished they could match. This generation knows how to properly lead an armored target with an rpg-7 and achieve a max damage rear deck hit on an armored unit, all thanks to training provided by US forces in the name of an Iraqi national army.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Surely the military in charge of training the Iraqis are smart enough to see
they may be training potential terrorists and insurgants, yet they continue.

I would like to know how this fits in to the overall stratagy of bringing democracy and freedom to a basically tribal society. If this is the case: How?

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
We've done this kind of thing before. Why we don't learn is a puzzling question.

And another disconcerting aspect of all this? Think of all the 5 to 13-year-old boys (and girls) who are seeing the death and destruction that the "Americans" have brought to their country... Think about how many have seen their parents killed by "American" soldiers. What they will grow up believing... How they will feel toward "America" once they get to be 20-25 years old, if they do?

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
By that thinking the Gulf War would have produced loads of Iraqi terrorist. How many Iraqis did the Coalition kill 100,000?

Thats alot of 5 to 13-year-old boys that saw a whole heck of a lot of death and destruction that the "Americans" have brought to their country.

How many Iraqi terroist did that produce before we invaded Iraq? I may have missed it but I dont remember any Iraqis comming to America to kill us in Terrorist attacks.

How many vietnamese did the US kill. You would think that would create even more Terrorist yet I cant remember any great number of vietnamese terrorist after Vietnam.

[edit on 1-3-2006 by ShadowXIX]

top topics

join