It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Henges Older than the Pyramids?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This is all new information to me.
Can some of you from the UK explain why this has not been more publicized, if it has been posted before, tis new to yours truly.
Thank you.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
This is all new information to me.
Can some of you from the UK explain why this has not been more publicized, if it has been posted before, tis new to yours truly.
Thank you.

news.bbc.co.uk...

It has been publicized an awful lot over the years, it is something I have always known about and it isn't my area of interest.
It is making the headlines at the moment because of a planned quarry

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Its nothing surprising, I hope. Sure its pretty, but it doesnt really match the pyramids

[edit on 5-3-2006 by merka]

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The reason you haven't heard this has to do with the focus of the community. Pyramids are interesting/speculated about because they are presented by non-archaeologists and non-historians as "impossible" and "magical" and "incomprehensible."

These non-experts wrote a lot of books about them, popular in the 70's, which was a time when we were all interested in the occult and the mystical. Facts were not as important as sensational, "channeled" information and anyone who bothered to do any fact-checking was denounced because "science doesn't know anything" and "mystic ascended masters" were telling this to us.

Sound familiar?

In fact, the building of henges is (given the social organization and technology of the time) a much greater feat than building the Great Pyramid or other pyramids. There wasn't a large population that lived under the rulership of a single leader. The builders were fairly small groups living under chiefdomships and small kingships with less social organization (no guilds that we seen proof of) -- and I don't know if they had oxen helping them move the stones (oxen were used to move heavy loads in Egypt.)

Many of them also have an astronomical feature to them as well.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

In fact, the building of henges is (given the social organization and technology of the time) a much greater feat than building the Great Pyramid or other pyramids. There wasn't a large population that lived under the rulership of a single leader. The builders were fairly small groups living under chiefdomships and small kingships with less social organization (no guilds that we seen proof of) -- and I don't know if they had oxen helping them move the stones (oxen were used to move heavy loads in Egypt.)

Tried searching the net and there does not seem to be much/any information on the inhabitants of this place.
Why has the UK kept this secret, mainly known to the nearby villagers?
Is it just me, but do they resemble today's crop circles?
These should be protected like the Nazca lines are.IMO.
Shame how building and rape of forests, etc is going on in warp speed in this country and seems the wonderful old country, is it facing the same fate?

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   

It has been publicized an awful lot over the years, it is something I have always known about and it isn't my area of interest.

Anything that is over 5K years old is remarkable to me. The UK is almost as mysterious as Egypt.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
yeah damn skippy, ancient Uk is very mysterious. They were a very tribal people who were very spiritual. It would have taken 2000 years to build stonehenge w/o a modern computer. And little to nothing is known about ancient UK because it was culturally assimilated by Greece, then Rome, then itself. They should protect those ancient sites, stonehenge is tied into the solstices as is the Hopi life plan, and many places in south America.

There are over 4000 dolmens on the coast of Algeria as in ancient UK, and there are stonehenges, menhirs, and dolmens in South America and Australia to name a few...

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mosca
yeah damn skippy, ancient Uk is very mysterious. They were a very tribal people who were very spiritual. It would have taken 2000 years to build stonehenge w/o a modern computer. And little to nothing is known about ancient UK because it was culturally assimilated by Greece, then Rome, then itself. They should protect those ancient sites, stonehenge is tied into the solstices as is the Hopi life plan, and many places in south America.

There are over 4000 dolmens on the coast of Algeria as in ancient UK, and there are stonehenges, menhirs, and dolmens in South America and Australia to name a few...

I been studying ancient sites for years, but all I knew of is Stonehenge.
Wonder why henges is so secret?

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The stone circles aren't secret, there are hundreds in the UK - Dartmoor in Devon is a good a place to go along with Amesbury in Wiltshire (the same county as Stonehenge) as well as Scotland and Wales. I guess the reason you don't know about them is that Stonehenge being the most spectacular gets all the publicity.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
there are far west as Armenia as well. Not to mention non-European places (Africa, South America, Polynesia)

Another fascianting thing is ancient cave drawings and petroglyphs. I have a picture of a buffalo drawn on both a European and a South American cave wall. The petroglyph is exaclty the same it could have been easily drawn by the same anceint artist. I mean its like a mirror picture. Same side of the buffalo drawn, with a star where its heart should be.

I have pictures of a ancient spain and ancient ireland petroglyph drawings that are similiar to south American drawings as well. (even some Nasca lines) I have a kokapelli petorglyph from scandanavia (kokapelli is a southwestern united states tribal diety).

I could go on and on about them, and how similiar some are from around the world. There was an ostirch petroglyph found in Africa for petes sake!

It is indeed a strange world..

[edit on 12-3-2006 by mosca]

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I could go on and on about them, and how similiar some are from around the world. There was an ostirch petroglyph found in Africa for petes sake!

Yes, there has to be communications within countries and islands.
IMO, these are done/taught by the Atlanteans who escaped the destruction and spead the same teachings almost worldwide.

new topics

top topics

join