It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sightings in the Northeast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Ok, first I wanna say that I never thought I would be making a thread like this. I try to stay away from posting in this forum as much as possible, lol. I just don't buy 90% of the stuff in this forum. Half an hour ago I saw somthing that changed my mind a bit.

I was comming home from WAWA, getting some smokes, and I noticed something in the sky. It was a large chrome colored object hanging in the sky, not moving. It was shapped like a tube, without wings. The chrome color changed to flat metalic and it started moving(i'm assuming the glare left my eyes). This was at about 5:30 pm EST. The object was moving in a south to north direction. I started to follow it, well as best as I could, the thing was way up there. I lost sight of it, and then I found it again. I even stoped the car to look for it again. I found it again, and it dissapered before my eyes. Weird, I thought, it continued to disappear and reappear in front of my eyes. I watched it continue over the horizon.

I went home and told my pops about it, and he laughed. Hehe, the response was expected. Anyway, I decided to look out the back door, just incase. Guess what, lol, a black helocopter flew by from north to south, with another weird ball shapped object directly over it, moving south to north. I scrambled through my house franticaly looking for my binoculars. I eventualy found them and when I returned the object had disapeared. I proceeded to watch the sky for another twenty minutes. In that time span I have never seen more airplanes in my life. I counted about thirty. Not too suprising, since I live inbetween JFK and Philly international, with Allentown airport just to the north. I did notice one odd plane, way off in the distance. The contrails appeared to be blackish. It was weird to say the least, allthough it could have been caused by lighting.

Recap:
Sighting, 1
Time: aprox 5:30 pm EST
Heading: south to north
Altitude: aprox the height of a normal airliner.
Description: silver tube, reflective, seemed to disapear

Sighting, 2
Time: aprox 5:50 pm EST
Heading: south to north
Altitude: hard to tell, it was only about 20 degrees up from the horizon.
Description: small silver ball, seemed to disapear

All I can say is it has been a weird day. It started off with a MH-53E Sea Dragon buzzing my neighborhood, lol. I looked up to see one of these suckers heading straight for my house lol. It was only flying at about 400-500ft. I'm going to ask my neighbor about it, he flies these bad boys out of willowgrove naval airbase, which is right up the road.

I'm going to be keeping my eyes peeled the next couple of weeks. And I think the rest of you guys in the area should too. Today was just bizzare. Black helocopters and UFOs, lol, i'm turning into a conspiricy nut! This is infact my second UFO sighting, first one was almost identicle, but the object was stationary.

What do you guys think? Just an airplane affected by low light condidtions?

[edit on 2/28/2006 by ReginalBigsby]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your experience. It will be interesting to see if your sighting will be reported by others on nuforc.org or other report databases. It's the truth. We are being visited by ET.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I think your thread would of been a little more informative with a few Pic's or some kind of visual proof. If I were you, I would go out and sit with a camera and wait to see if anything else happens, including the indication of military aircraft. "GOOD LUCK!!"

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'll definiatly be checking out nuforc.org for the next few days.

Allred, I agree 100%. I'm not the type to go around shouting things like this without physical proof but, to me, today was weird. I've made a mental note to carry my binocs and digicam with me for the next few weeks. I'll sit out tomorow night around the same time to see If I catch anything. If not a UFO then an aiplane in low light conditions, to help debunk my sighting.

One quick note, The second one I saw was so small that the digicam would not have been able to get a good pick. That's if I would have even been able to find it though the view finder. It would have been your typical blurry inconclusive pic, hehe.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I usually make a post encouraging ATSers to look up more on these kind of threads
You didn't think you would ever see anything... and look what happened.
you would be surprised at what (and how often) you would see UFO's (unknowns).

I carry a camera with me always... and have so much useless footage from bad attempts, but there will be a day... yes sir... i will capture a clear shot...

as for you...

so now ya know... carry a camera... and look to the sky.
they are up there... and so is a whole lot of other stuff that makes it worthwhile to look...

thanks for sharing... and welcome to the club (of ufo nutties)

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
i live in that general area too, ill keep my eyes to the sky for now, hope i see something interesting

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Allow me to make a suggestion or two.
Write everything down to the best of your recollection and do it quickly before your memory becomes vague.
Go to the websites of as many UFO orgs as possible and file a report. This would include MUFON(there may be a local chapter there)FUFOR, CUFOS,etc. I keep hard copies of the forms on hand.
Check your neighborhood for corroborating witness'.
Call the local media and see if anyone else has reported any unusual sightings.
Call the local aviation people,airfields, airports, military and see if they have any craft in the vicinty and time of your sightings.
And by all means be as explicit as possible with your report.
The more and better reports that are accumulated the better the chances
of being taken seriously.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I really hope that you catch something on film or at least get an accurate discription of a UFO and have other people that can calaberate your sighting.
I have had personal experiences with seeing something out of the ordinary and wished that I could've had proof on numerous occassions. I do talk to some of my friends about such things and actually have been camping or fishing with them when the occurance takes place. Makes for wonderful and intellectual conversation!!
Best of luck,hope to hear something great for the efforts you are putting into it.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Excelent suggestions, longhaircowboy. I've got the day off tomorow with no plans, so I'll definiatly make some calls. Hopefully I'll turn somehting up. As for watching the sky, my eyes are always peeled. Ever since I was little I've been fascinated with plains. So every time I hear one I have to look up, lol. I find myself constantly looking at the sky.
It's almost like a tick.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I'm not the type to go around shouting things like this without physical proof but, to me, today was weird.

Don't worry about that.

If physical proof was required for people to tell what they have seen or witnessed, then no one would ever know anything!

It never has been nor ever will be an individuals burden to prove anything, especially not to the Scientific Community.

Proof is what we end up with after scientific investigation and the peer review process, and even then "proof" is not always forthcoming.

Think about it like this , if you were out somewhere in the woods and you witnessed an Eagle in the sky or a Mountain lion on a trail you would not need or likely have any physical proof. Yet this information could be very valuable to Wildlife Conservationists that keep track of these rare animals.

[edit on 28-2-2006 by lost_shaman]

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I believe you 100%. I know about where and what your talking about.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
If you check NUFORC for sightings in PA, you'll see that someone else had a sighting similar to yours in Philadelphia, but at an earlier date.

Someone else apparently posted a sighting that happened right in my neighborhood
in February who said it looked like a "truncated drag racing funny car".

Unfortunately, I was at work at the time of the sighting.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
u know.....these UFOs can be controlled by the governements.....i think

they have these technology.....especially when you saw a navy

helicopter....i think they were doing some testing or they were looking for

somthing....i have some support to back this up that maybe some of

theses UFOs are controlled by the government...

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Try checking NICAP too they have an extensive online archive and I've been able to find alot of sighting info I was researching.
Also alot of the other orgs have online archives.
UFOMind used be the one back in the day but Glen did away with most of it.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
interesting thread for me because I'm based in Maryland right by the Delaware state line

years back during what I'll call the "x-files" era of ufology.....when shows were popping up and the subject matter was discussed in media alot more then average......our Mufon regional director George Reynolds used to hold monthly meetings with local Mufon members to discuss the subject....and we'd often have guest speakers and videos to view....

The meetings drew well for about 2 years but eventually the meetings idea died down.......I was alot younger then.....and I used to look forward so much to hearing of local sightings rather then the norm of hearing sightings from areas far from where I lived. I used to ask myself when I was a kid how come aliens never came to Maryland lol......but it was always welcomed to hear about these local sightings and I very much miss those monthly meetings.

I wish more of these "conventions" or "conferences" I always hear or read about would come around closer to the Maryland area......

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Well, I made some calls. Specificaly to Willow Grove navel airstation, and the local newspaper, 'The Inteligencer'. I have to admit it took some balls to get past the laughs. Lol, just kidding the people I spoke with were generaly understanding. The guy that I spoke with at the Willow Grove told that they get atleast two or three reports a day, 99% percent of which are easily explained. He said that there's a lot of 'crazies' in the area, lol. The report for that day was not relavent to my sighting. Someone had reported an object moving in a southeast direction around noon, in the Montgomeryville area.

I then asked him about scheduled low altitude helo flights. There was a scheduled flight right over my area at the same time I saw the helo. By the way, I did not make a report of a UFO. I told him it was for research purposes, pertaining to a research paper for my sociology class. I was too paranoid to make a report, lol.

The news paper people didn't get any reports for that day. Not too suprising. Again I did not make a report, and used the same excuse of writing a research paper. I guess I'm just paranoid about the subject.

Also, I haven't had the time that I thought I would. I was not able to get out and watch the skies, due to prior arangements that I forgot about and weather. I will make a point to take some pics of airplanes in the same condidtions, when they arise, for debunking purposes.

I haven't had the time yet to make the rounds for UFO report websites. I did skim through the recent sightings on a few websites. I found nothing relavent. I will make some reports, on the web, when I have the time, school and work are too much right now.

PS. I completely forgot to call the local airport. I'll do that tomorow, I might even go there myself. I know a few people who hobby fly.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
im not sure of any facts but i allways thought norwich was the most populer for ufo sightings but i yhink it might be becuase of all the bases in that area.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
North East United states. Specificaly south eastern Pennsylvania. I should have made the title a little more clear

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Your doin the right things Reg. You shoulda been with me a couple months ago when I queried McDill(SOCom) about sightings. Yeah that got me......nowhere. Keep it up. Do it again you'll get the feel for it. You already have the right attitude. Heck the city desk at the local paper doen't ask my name anymore.
In other words if possible keep an eye out for other local sightings and try investigating them too. That's how I got started.
Rock on.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
ReginalBigsby.

I came across another sighting in Philadelphia posted on NUFORC in April that resembled yours. These sightings have been interesting to me since I live in the area, but I haven't seen anything... yet.

Here's a link to the report:

www.nuforc.org...

[edit on 16-5-2006 by Junkheap]

top topics

join