It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality TV, Oprah and the WRATH OF THE ANGRY VIEWER

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I am so sick of "reality television" and idiots like Oprah and Doctor Phil who have all the answers. These dorks like Ryan Seacrest who think they are cute and funny just make me wanna puke. The only reason these people are rich and famous is because some lovesick teenage girl has a crush on them or some suicidal suburban housewife who is hooked on crack thinks they have some divine prophecy to speak of. I would like to have my own reality television show and I would call it "One Time Deal". It would be a caged death-match like "Beyond Thunderdome"........The contestants would be all these rich know-it-all idiots who think they are smart, funny and sexy. The prize would be all of their money combined and it would be a fight to the death using various weapons like chainsaws and harpoons. The last one standing would get all the others' money and a lifetime contract for a 24-hour talk show on a cable station that cannot be turned off.......EVER! We would have to listen to that person talk about how they killed all the other smart, funny and sexy people OVER and OVER and OVER.............FOREVER! That would be our punishment for finding this type of thing entertaining. That would be fun. Someone get Rupert Murdoch on the phone and tell Dr. Laura to start cleaning her gun!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Phil and all of these others that basically have no talent and are riding a wave right now, I agree with. This bald headed slob is only preaching what every guy already knows, yet hes a genius.

Tough to knock Oprah for what she has accomplished with the hand she was dealth.

Into the reality television, I am against alot of it but am a fan of some of it. The Apprentice I love, however some of it is nothing more than a money grab and trying to grab an hour of tele that is in the pop culture at the time.

PrimeTime game shows were the wave after Millionaire, Survivor turned everything into Big Brother, which turned into everything else we see today.

Why can't people just be original? Law and Order has success with a few shows, so you see Numb3rs, a guy solving crimes by probability. Blind Justice, a detective who is completely blind but fights bad guys and solves crime. Alittle much I think.

new topics

join