It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1.300 Iraqis Killed in Past Week

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I thought it was sactions against oil sales for human rights violations imposed by the UN that caused Saddam to use the Euro in an attempt to lure countries who supported the Euro and would not recognize the sanctions. This included Russia and China I believe. Didn't this lead to the oil-for-food scandal at the UN by countries not adhering to the sanctions even Saddam continued to rule his country with fear.

www.globalpolicy.org...

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
I would think this would be because of Shia Iran and we took the lesser of 2 evils. Should we have stepped back and let them kill each other on a grander scal than they did? Saddam betrayed the trust of the US, and he paid for it eventually. This was 30 years ago though....

Well, it does not matter how many years back that was - I think Some People still remember that. Actually, the Iraq-Iran War (Suni Iraq vs Shia Iran) was one of the Reasons for even a bigger abyss between the two religious groups. Tell me, who benefited? Iran? Iraq? Or US and Isreal, which have killed two flies with one strike. Meanwhile the US sold weapons to the both (Iran-Contra, Saddam-Rumsfeld)! I mean, does it get any better then this?

that is an opinion with no factual basis. However, I know that my great grandfather did business overseas in that region during the 30's through the 70's. He had many pictures and some beautiful art and articfacts he bought back. Stories of the palaces and the people he met.

Sadly for you, that is not my Opinion Only - and is based on actual events in the World today and their Mirror events from the Past. History repeats itself in a most Ironic way possible.

First rule of an Empire:
DIVIDE AND RULE.

Second rule of an Empire:
Create PROBLEM-REACTION-SOLUTION kind of situation.

Remove Saddam, and attempting to allow the citizens of Iraq to form a government. Problem is, Al-qeada and other fighters from Syria, Palestine and even coutries such as Britan and even the US are now in Iraq using it as a platform to battle the US. This reminds me more of Afghanistan than Vietnam as far as the fighting. Add to this the century old Shia/Sunni Struggle, and you have a very volatile mixture. The US wanted Iraq as a staging area for Iran and Syria, and that is not happeneing. There is no reason or need for the US to destabilize Iraq. It makes no military sense at all.

Well,
Al-Qaeda is a Phantom Enemy Created by the Western Intelligence Agencies.

Fighters from Palestine? I think they have ALOT of problems back Home, so I do not think they are exactly running to Iraq. I have prooved numerous times, that the percentage of Foreign Fighters in Iraq is really REALLY small - much smaller, then the west-corporate media is trying to make people belive.

Let read the following article:

Is Iraq Civil War By Design?

The Associated Press is reporting that civil war looms in Iraq as bombings tear across the country. Is this disaster really a result of a failed foreign policy or is it a deliberate plan to initiate a policy of ethnic cleansing that will finally allow the Globalists to capture and dominate Iraq as they never could before?

The agenda to maintain division and ethnic tension in Iraq can be seen as long term plan and the only way to finally capture and enslave a country that has historically thrown out its occupiers on every occasion.

In 1982, Oded Yinon, an official from the Israeli Foreign Affairs office, wrote: "To dissolve Iraq is even more important for us than dissolving Syria. In the short term, it's Iraqi power that constitutes the greatest threat to Israel. The Iran-Iraq war tore Iraq apart and provoked its downfall. All manner of inter-Arab conflict help us and accelerate our goal of breaking up Iraq into small, diverse pieces."

Ethnic cleansing, maimed children and thousands of dead American soldiers are a small price to pay because for the Globalists the end always justifies the means and untold bloodshed and misery and bloodshed won't stand in their way.

Again WHO BENFEITS?

Well, this is also an interesting read:

Former CIA Analyst: Western Intelligence May Be Behind Mosque Bombing

Iran however benefits from this, as it draws attention away from their situation. It is a stalemate folks, as if Isreal moves, they are removed by the weapons that we know Iran has, as well as US bases in Iraq because Iran would not care. Then why wouldn't Iran then go into Iraq for it's oil? Backed by Russia and China...would would happen then....The US can't nuke anyone and the stalemate continues...

I think that the ones who Profit the most are the folling:

1. ISREAL

2. USA

3. EUROPE

"Let's Divide Iraq as We Did in Yugoslavia!"

Replace Iraq with three mini-states: "Kurds in the north, Sunnis in the center and Shiites in the south." The objective? "To put most of its money and troops where they would do the most good quickly -- with the Kurds and Shiites. The United States could extricate most of its forces from the so-called Sunni Triangle, north and west of Baghdad.... American officials could then wait for the troublesome and domineering Sunnis, without oil or oil revenues, to moderate their ambitions or suffer the consequences." In short, starve the central state around Baghdad because the Sunnis have always spearheaded the resistance to U.S. imperialism.

[edit on 1/3/06 by Souljah]

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Here we go again
Divide and conquer thing. Always knew Souljah would bring this back up similar to the other thread about the Shrine attack which could lead to sectarian war and that America had something to do with it, Im certain Souljah has forgotten how much hatred there is between the Shiites and Sunnis, should Souljah be surprise that we see Muslims killing other Muslims?

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Washington Post
Grisly attacks and other sectarian violence unleashed by last week's bombing of a Shiite Muslim shrine have killed more than 1,300 Iraqis, making the past few days the deadliest of the war outside of major U.S. offensives, according to Baghdad's main morgue. The toll was more than three times higher than the figure previously reported by the U.S. military and the news media.

holy crap! 1,300! the news network i watch, global, said atleast 130 with one zero.. which means they know it cant be more than that! now i know the media cant be trusted... i bet you if i sent this to global news they would call that number a consiracy, those big liers.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Yes anyways folks you guys are talking about civil war between Iraq when the topic was focused on the body count of people murdered in one week?

I got a quesion, do any of you have the international calling code for Iraq, particularly Baghdad. The borders are not shut, otherwise civilian reporters would not be allowed in. Therefore the communications are still open. I am going to spend my money to verify if this but I need people to please provide me with a number to call. If you have friends or relatives who have recently visited Iraq, Baghdad in particular, request that they may offer some information to any Embassy numbers that they know or even the City government offices.

I am going to try and get into contact with Kevin Sites

Iraq International Calling Code: 964
Baghdad City Code: 1
Basra City Code: 40
Kerbala City Code: 32
Kirkuk City Code: 50
Mousil City Code: 60
Najaf City Code: 33

If I am going to make calls then I will need numbers. Please fellow members of ATS, could you help me track any of them down?

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
(beats dead horse) There are nationals from many countries fighting in Iraq. This is information that you can get off of many Islamicwebsites that show the fighting that insurgents are doing? Does this not fit your agenda Souljah so you ignore it.

www.iran-e-azad.org...

This is nothing new. Take a look at the mews from 10 years ago in Iran.....

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
He's good at that.

If you look you will find that for the most part Souljah comes here to display the information he or she has found by spending entirely too much time on the web.
These post are nothing more than a collection of 'googled' information.

What is the solution?

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Al-Qaeda is a Phantom Enemy Created by the Western Intelligence

*sigh* I think you might actually believe that.

The evidence is overwhelming that they do exhist, that they
are very active, that they are very deadly, and that their
base of operations was in Afghanistan with major funding
from UBL and 'charities' around the world.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   

the "murderers" did not know that Saddam would give money to them.

Putting quotes around murderers doesn't change the fact that
they are indeed murderers. MURDERERS. Homicide bombers
murdering and committing suicide. Some for fanatical reasons
of a promise of being serviced by virgin women forever, and
some because their families would be very well taken care
of by the Palestinian Authority. They have free medical care,
education, and would be taken care of for the rest of their
lives. This is payment.

Also, Saddams payments didn't stop until we went into Iraq.

Iran is going to switch to Euros

I'm not surprised. Europe wants this and Iran hates America.
Europe just wants it to better their economy and weaken ours.
Completely understandable from their point of view.
I'm also not surprised about Saddam wanting to switch to
Euros. Afterall, he was in bed with Chirac and had many
illegal operations going on in Europe. He would definatley
want to stick it to America and one way to do it would be to
reward his cronies in Europe and weaken us so that he could
stay in power.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The truth is that is been a war in Iraq for the last three years and is not end to it, that the latest totals in the sectarian fights, (I will say sectarian fights because is many that still will not understand that is a civil war in Iraq since invasion going on.), should be added to the grand total of the people that has die, injured and maimed since the liberation of that country.

I wonder if the people in Iraq will ever have peace again.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Oh yea there will be peace in Iraq. There are so many people dieing over there eventually the american poulation will outnumber the Iraqi

Besides I personally feel it will be safe to look to Iraq for civilian business opportunities within 5 years as alot of infrastructure repairs and upgrades, and security will have been broken in by then. That will be about eight years after taking over the country. Not bad at all considering the size of the nation.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Amusing how people think the US is not commiting any crimes or killing any civilians. People refuse to see that by far most civilians killed are by US hands, the resistance and other militias have killed FFAAARRR less in comparision. Just take a look at Vietnam, over 3 million civilians dead or 1/3 of the population and they still blame someone else when they were the ones doing Mai Lai's and napalming the countryside.
At this rate the people of Iraq will never see peace, the US govt. has screwed it up so bad that they are going to die from radiation poisoning (long term, DU) or get wiped out from diseases and other problems but by far the problem remains the US, in time they would be able to sort things out on their own without the US ever being there, but thats not going to happen because bush is NOT going to pull people out unless he has NO choice (not enough flesh to go around) or the corporations have found a new cash cow to go and milk.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Apparently it is NOT Terrorism, if the Shiite Militias roam around the Baghdad killing the Sunni's - apparently that is something that is supposed to be Hidden and not shown to the world.

How so?

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
This is what an averege Fox News Fan gets, packed and wrapped as News:

Fox News: Iraq Civil War “Made Up By The Media?”

Fox News continues its crackerjack analysis of sectarian strife in Iraq. Previously, it explored whether “an all-out civil war in Iraq” could be “a good thing.”

Now they have an new theory. Moments ago on Fox:

Maybe they should ask the families of the roughly 1500 Iraqis who have died.

Ex-squeeeze me?

Apparently Fox is the ONLY news network in the World, that sees the rising tensions between the Iraqi people, as a GOOD THING. Well one thing is certain - the "journalists" on Fox really never cease to amaze me with their so-called "reporting". I bet mister Murdoch called them up and said a few words on how they are supposed to "report" this Event. It would not be the first time anyway...

Apparently they are the only ones who have also found the "Upside to Civil War" also! Good for them! Now GO, and Explain that to the families of the 1500 DEAD in the last week.

Only on Fox: "All-Out Civil War in Iraq: Could It Be a Good Thing?"

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   
You put out a question asked on Fox and try to pawn it off as their position, instead of what it probably is: an intellectual exercise. Your link leads to two paragraphs of introduction to a blog. And to top it off, you mix emotion with the batter.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I guess I fail to see any way that Iraq's pending civil war is anything but terrible.

Good because its easier to convince the American public that all Muslims are fanatical maniacs? I guess it helps to suit that goal. I only wish the average American would realize bs news for real journalism...but alas....the line has been blurred far too much.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
They also just happen to use the number of 1,500 from a blog, when a vast majority of new services (AP, Reuters) are mentioning 450 killed.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
I guess I fail to see any way that Iraq's pending civil war is anything but terrible.

Good because its easier to convince the American public that all Muslims are fanatical maniacs? I guess it helps to suit that goal. I only wish the average American would realize bs news for real journalism...but alas....the line has been blurred far too much.

It depends whose eyes you're lookng through. If they are Iranian eyes, you may very well welcome the violence.

That's one scenario. There are others, I'm sure.

I don't see how this could change any American's mind about Muslims. Their mind is made up, one way or another, and one more incident or episode won't change it, unless the muslim fanatics decide to change their tune and stop their violence. Minds don't change every day, day after day...that's why I have such a problem with "the media made me do it" arguments.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I disagree. I work in a hotel that has either CNN or Fox news on 24/7. Not a day has gone by since that mosque bombing that I dont hear someone say something about feeling bad for the Iraqis, but now that they are just killing each other we can all agree that they are just a bunch of savages.

Its a terribly ignorant thing to paint an entire group of people with the same brush just because of the choice images smeared all over their so-called "news," but thats what happens.

Not all American minds are made up. There are a lot of people like me who just feel overwhelmed by the push-me, pull-me that the media portrays.

Who do we believe? Who can we trust?

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Robert Fisk: Somebody is trying to provoke a civil war in Iraq

Iraq is not a sectarian society, but a tribal society. People are intermarried. Shiites and Sunnis marry each other. It's not a question of having a huge block of people here called Shiites and a huge block of people called Sunnis any more than you can do the same with the United States, saying Blacks are here and Protestants are here and so on. But certainly, somebody at the moment is trying to provoke a civil war in Iraq. Someone wants a civil war. Some form of militias and death squads want a civil war. There never has been a civil war in Iraq. The real question I ask myself is: who are these people who are trying to provoke the civil war? Now the Americans will say it's Al Qaeda, it's the Sunni insurgents.

It is the death squads. Many of the death squads work for the Ministry of Interior. Who runs the Ministry of Interior in Baghdad? Who pays the Ministry of the Interior? Who pays the militia men who make up the death squads? We do, the occupation authorities. I'd like to know what the Americans are doing to get at the people who are trying to provoke the civil war. It seems to me not very much. We don't hear of any suicide bombers being stopped before they blow themselves up. We don't hear of anybody stopping a mosque getting blown up. We're not hearing of death squads all being arrested. Something is going very, very wrong in Baghdad.

Something is going wrong with the Administration. Mr Bush says, "Oh, yes, sure, I talk to the Shiites and I talk to the Sunnis." He's talking to a small bunch of people living behind American machine guns inside the so-called Green Zone, the former Republican palace of Saddam Hussein, which is surrounded by massive concrete walls like a crusader castle. These people do not and cannot even leave this crusader castle. If they want to leave to the airport, they're helicoptered to the airport. They can't even travel on the airport road. What we've got at the moment is a little nexus of people all of whom live under American protection and talk on the telephone to George W Bush who says, "I've been talking to them and they have to choose between chaos and unity." These people can't even control the roads 50 metres from the Green Zone in which they work.

I have to say, that Mister Robert Frisk, always presents a Situation from Middle East in a very unique way, that makes you ask yourself, what is REALLY going on in Iraq and who is really in Charge.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join