It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft announce differnt versions of Vista

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Microsoft has announced that there will be six differnt versions of the Windows Vista client operating system. The server edition is yet to be officially named.

news.bbc.co.uk
Three versions of the software, called Vista, will be for home users, two will be for businesses and one will be for emerging markets.
The Starter edition is a streamlined version intended for low powered PCs found in many developing nations.

Also available will be versions made specifically for Europe that, in accordance with an EU mandate, remove the Windows media player.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I havnt used Vista yet but heres my impression. In terms of client versions of Vista I wouldnt bother with Vista Home Basic or Vista Home Premium. They appear to have the same flaws has XP home that is reduced functionality which makes troubleshooting diffcult.

I think it is interesting that there will be a version for thrid world countries.
Did they really need to upgrade the Graphical user interface in the Home Premium edition ?
Wouldnt they have been better off finding ways of encouraging home users to back up there data ?

[edit on 27-2-2006 by xpert11]

new topics

join