It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You make the call

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Iran is getting ready to have Nuclear missles.

You make the call, what do we do.

Let it happen and let them give nukes to terrorists.

Turn Israel loose

Bomb Iraq

Invade Iraq

What in the heck do you recommend that the United States or any other country should do about this if anything.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
As a citizen of a country that has nuclear weapons it would be hypocritical of me to deny any other nation it's own nuclear weapons. Simple as that, I can't be a hypocrite.

Do nothing.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Would it make any difference if you made any decision one way or the other? It's not like your politicians listen to you, they have their own agenda. You taxpayers are just a source of cash.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasilis Azoth
As a citizen of a country that has nuclear weapons it would be hypocritical of me to deny any other nation it's own nuclear weapons. Simple as that, I can't be a hypocrite.

Do nothing.

I dont know what country your from but I would bet its one that is a member of the NPT and is allowed to have nuclear weapons under said treaty. Iran is a member of the NPT under its own will and thus internationally banned from having or making nuclear weapons. Iran always has the right to pull out of the treaty granted they give all member nations I think 3 months notice and they reason why they withdrew.

If I had exhausted all political means and Iran was not withdrawing from the NPT and still trying to secretly develop nuclear weapons. Then I would personally would use a limited airstrike to cripple Iran's nuclear facilities. A combination cruise missiles and B-2 bombers using bunker busters. Iran wouldnt really have much defense against somwthing like that. I wouldnt commit one troop to any ground war there is really no need too all the goals could be accomplished with air power alone.

Pretty much a advanced version of what Israel did to Iraq's nuclear sites

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
What do we do?

Well bomb the **** out of Iran of course.

Seriously though, we can't hold Israel back forever, they'll do something about it. Then we will defend them.

WWIII woohoo!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Long time lurker, first time poster, i'm uber tired, forgive me.

Originally posted by Vasilis Azoth

Do nothing.

Do nothing, RIGHT. Ok Obviously you do not understand the defintion of a hypocrite. If you were a police officer, you'd carry a gun on you right? Hopefully, at least here in the US you would. So then, from your point of view, if it were up to you, you'd let murdering criminals carry guns as well, just because you don't want to be a "hypocrite". Do you see the probem with this? DO YOU see the problem with this?

Sorry to seem so hostile, but honestly, please don't just respond with the first thing that comes to your mind. Think about it for a second, maybe two seconds....then as your'e writing the thread, go back, read it over....pretend that you're reading someone elses post. Did you just think "woo that guy sounds like a total dumbass", if so, (like you would have thought if you read your own post), go back and either delete your response, or edit it. Actually no, wait, nevermind, keep it there for comedic value.

Back to the "serious" talk here though. Saying something like "oh it's ok for Iran to have nukes, because we do, it's only fair....is like saying...

"Oh, registered sex offenders/child molesters should be set free, prescribed aphrodisiacs and Viagara, just because we do, OH YEH, and, it should be covered by their health insurance."

I swear....some people.....

[edit on 28-2-2006 by ValharuX]

[Mod Edit - Formatting and language. Please check your U2U's - Jak]

[edit on 28/2/06 by JAK]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Do nothing, RIGHT. Ok Obviously you do not understand the defintion of a hypocrite. If you were a police officer, you'd carry a gun on you right? Hopefully, at least here in the US you would. So then, from your point of view, if it were up to you, you'd let murdering criminals carry guns as well, just because you don't want to be a "hypocrite". Do you see the probem with this?

Since when is the USA the "Police of the world"
Your comparing apples with pears here...

i swear ....some people....

Back to the "serious" talk here though. Saying something like "oh it's ok for Iran to have nukes, because we do, it's only fair....is like saying...

"Oh, registered sex offenders/child molesters should be set free, prescribed aphrodisiacs and Viagara, just because we do, OH YEH, and, it should be covered by their health insurance."

That must be the single most ignorant comparison i've ever seen here.... If your country has the most nukes in the world, then shut up about ohter countries making them aswel.

Basicly the USA's nuclear arsenal is forcing other nations to be able to do at least something in defence. Pretty simple really...

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Iran has exclaimed that Israel should be wiped off the map. Iran finances and backs HAMAS, Hizbullah and Islamic Jihad. Iran is a Shiite Shaaria state with 'dark ages' mentality.
Why not, let them have nukes? The world will become very interesting, very fast.

Look what Muslims did because of a cartoon. Now give the most psychotic state among them nuclear capability and therefore allow them to become a formidable world power. What will happen then? I am not saying nuclear war, but what is certain is that the rules will change.

[edit on 28/2/06 by JudahMaccabbi]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Another usless thread

I thought this was for discussions on the war on terror

How is 'Oh the world is dangerous ..... who can we bomb first' ever get into a decent discussion. This is utterly pointless. Posting a topic like this just goads people who want to rave on about how many bombs the USA can throw at Iran.

Sun matrix this image is for you mate

img301.imageshack.us...

[edit on 28-2-2006 by snatchypaws]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
My thoughts .... Iran would not use the nukes as a defense, rather for offense. Possibly a 'bargaining tool' to gain more leverage in the world and with those around them.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I'm going to have another rant here because it pains me so

Why is this thread and many others determined to whip up feelings about Iran as a bad country. Cant you see that these threads are being designed to encourage people to feel bitter, to hate and strike before anything happens to you.

Snap out of it and stop adding to this party of 'slapping the Iranians'

Chill out, your not helping the world by thowing in a comment like

NUKE THEM ALL

Lets have a discussion about who hates us and who we can have a war with next

Some people on this board need a little less TV and a bit more sleep

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix

Turn Israel loose

Bomb Iraq

Invade Iraq

What in the heck do you recommend that the United States or any other country should do about this if anything.

I think we already have bombed and invaded Iraq....?

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Pre-emptive nuclear strike on Iran's buried and hardened nuclear installations is not an option, since it would set a deadly precedence for other countries to follow en route and do same.

Iran is allowed one mistake, if they launch a nuclear weapon we vaporize their country and citizens...simple as that.

Now the question arises:

Do you feel lucky? Punks!

[edit on 28-2-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix

Turn Israel loose

Bomb Iraq

Invade Iraq

I'm going with:

Turn Israel loose: Best idea.

Bomb Iraq: we are already there and it'd be fun to make matters worse...lol. I'm sure you meant Iran. Let's bomb them too.

Invade Iraq: was a bad itea then and asuuming you meant Iran it'd be the same.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by snatchypaws
these threads are being designed to encourage people to feel bitter, to hate and strike before anything happens to you.....

......Some people on this board need a little less TV and a bit more sleep

- You have voted snatchypaws for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

Of course one might just point out that there is not the slightest actual evidence that Iran is anywhere near getting a nuclear weapon.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Iran is allowed one mistake, if they launch a nuclear weapon we vaporize their country and citizens...simple as that.

Iran and for that matter no country would be that stupid when there is more then one way to "skin a cat" Iran could easily hand off a nuclear weapon to any like minded anti USA/Israel group and let them do as they see fit. And theres no lack off those roups today.

If a Nuke just went off in a US city who do you vaporize? You cant just instantly fire back. There are ways to trace the weapon back but that would take time and there are ways for Iran to create doubts abouts its origin.

With the debacle that was a US intel "Slam dunk" of WMDs US intel would always be in doubt concerning such a major issue of nuking another country. I could just here the people now after a nuclear attack well are you sure it was Iran just like you were sure about Iraq WMDs. And you better be 110% positive before you retaliate with nuclear weapons.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I'd go down the air strikes route - knock them back a few decades.

However, I'm not sure how well it would work. Lots of their stuff is underground - even using bunker-busters we'd have no sure way of knowing if we had done them any real damage. Satellite and spy plane imagery wouldn't show enough, and once we bomb them Iran will never let UN inspectors back in ever again.

Iran would also not admit to taking any damage of course. They would say their nuclear program was untouched and that the infidel's bombs just fell on hospitals and an orphanage or two

And if we don't manage to cripple them then they become ever more of a problem - they would be hell-bent on developing a WMD program, which means we would no doubt have to bomb them again in a few years or even (as in Iraq) we'd end up invading in 10-15 years time because we don't know what the hell they've got hidden anymore.

As a citizen of a country that has nuclear weapons it would be hypocritical of me to deny any other nation it's own nuclear weapons. Simple as that, I can't be a hypocrite

Very noble and morally superior of you. However, nobody in their right mind would want Iran to have nukes. Iran + Nukes = highly probable future nightmare scenario.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey

Originally posted by snatchypaws
these threads are being designed to encourage people to feel bitter, to hate and strike before anything happens to you.....

......Some people on this board need a little less TV and a bit more sleep

- You have voted snatchypaws for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

Of course one might just point out that there is not the slightest actual evidence that Iran is anywhere near getting a nuclear weapon.

Ahhh, the "stick your head in the sand and hope for the best" approach. If Iran was 100% transparent about their nuclear program we wouldn't have this issue. Instead they've blatantly lied over the past years and, even in the face of international pressure, are still blocking efforts by the IAEA to find out what's going on. If they had just come out and said "hey world, look, we want to build some nuclear power plants to supply energy to you folks..." there would have been no problem at all. Instead they lie and deceive. So you're prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt? I would rather a country that calls for another to be wiped off the map and supports terrorists is dealt with firmly, thanks.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
And you better be 110% positive before you retaliate with nuclear weapons.

Launch was the keyword, which can be tracked to country of origin.

Hard to say how it would be handled if Russia was found to have sold a warhead to Al-Qaeda that leveled NYC, since M.A.D would still come into play.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
Ahhh, the "stick your head in the sand and hope for the best" approach.

- No; there is nothing 'head in the sand' about it.

I want evidence and proofs not this endless empty war-mongering - which is, IMO and ironically in it's own way, little different to the self-induced hypnotic frenzy some Muslims get into where they chant and beat themselves until they bleed.

Pure 'belief' does not in itself make reality, no matter how fervent the desire to make something happen through it.

If Iran was 100% transparent about their nuclear program we wouldn't have this issue.

- You might honestly claim to believe that but frankly I doubt it.

When was Ayatollah Khomeini's revolutionary state ever going to be welcomed into the world of nuclear energy?!

Yeah right.

Instead they've blatantly lied over the past years and, even in the face of international pressure, are still blocking efforts by the IAEA to find out what's going on.

- Actually Iran has recently gone far beyond the provisions of the anti-proliferation treaty she signed up to.
Unlike some obvious candidates she is a signatory to the various treaties, she has agreed to 24/7 monitoring and spot inspections - everywhere.

Unfortunately they are now pulling away from those agreements as they not unreasonably think that no matter what hoops they jump through it is never going to satisfy those intent on attacking her.

If they had just come out and said "hey world, look, we want to build some nuclear power plants to supply energy to you folks..." there would have been no problem at all. Instead they lie and deceive.

- I think the real lie and (self) deception here is to imagine Iran was ever going to be welcomed into having her own nuclear power production capacity.

So you're prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt?

- No; you see?
Even that is an untrue characterisation.

I am prepared to see us keep engaged and working with the Iranians, monitoring, inspecting and generally doing all that provides a concrete basis to talk about this.

I am all for talking to people without threat (latent or otherwise) and recognising their rights as signatories to the anti-proliferation treaties etc to nuclear power - it's not like they are in breech of any of the actual conditions now is it?

What I am not prepared to do is cheer-lead yet another disastrous round of devastation and mass-murder in yet another futile ME war.

I would rather a country that calls for another to be wiped off the map and supports terrorists is dealt with firmly, thanks.

- Well if the Iranian government had called for that then you might have a point.
The thing is the Iranian government didn't.

Their ceremonial head (a President quite unlike the US version of President in terms of actual powers) ran off at the mouth with some offensive slogans at a rally for Palestinians (as various people have done for decades there); hardly ground for claiming anything about the actual Iranian government or it's formal policies.

Certainly not 'grounds' for a war either.

[edit on 28-2-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join