It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Two Bombs Hit Iranian Oil Cities

page: 1

join
share:
df1

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Two bombs exploded 10 minutes apart in the heart of Iranian oil region in the Khuzestan province. No one has claimed responsibility for the bombings, however an unnamed Iranian official accused Britian of agitating Arab seperatists in the area. Arabs make up only 3% of Irans population of 68 million.x

today.reuters.com
TEHRAN (Reuters) - Two bombs exploded in the southern Iranian cities of Dezful and Abadan on Monday wounding at least six people, officials said.

The bombs were planted in the governor's office in both cities, which lie in the oil-producing province of Khuzestan that has seen ethnic tensions between Iranian authorities and the Arab minority over the last year.

"There were no fatalities but at least four people were wounded in Dezful and two in Abadan," a local official told Reuters by telephone.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The Khuzestan province contains 90% of Irans oil reserves as I understand it and it would be most likely be the first theater of operation should the U.S. decide to invade. This area worth watching as these types of bombings could be a prelude to an invasion of Iran.

Related News Links:
www.irna.ir
www.ahwaz.org.uk

[edit on 27-2-2006 by df1]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
This news begs for a conspiracy angle.

So tell me...

Is the US responsible for the bombings? Directly or indirectly?

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Now now sofi...
You know that depends on who you ask...

Cheney would say that it was the obvious tension between (our "friends") the arabs and the Iranians, that caused this... and that it was just part of a "democratic" minority struggle for recognition...

and of course, "the brits did it, or the Americans did it" will be the statment of every sheeple Iranian in the area... (yes, they have sheeples and non sheeples also)

And of course ATSers as a whole are looking down the rabbit hole on every iranian issue right now.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
www.iranfocus.com...

Seems it was actually 3 blasts, and the rioting has already started in the province in response to the attacks.

df1

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   

LazarusTheLong
And of course ATSers as a whole are looking down the rabbit hole on every iranian issue right now.

Given the current rhetoric being exchanged between the US and Iranian governments it seems to me that only a blind person would refuse to look down this rabbit hole. Surely you are not suggesting that we shouldnt look?

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Are we talking about an IED type bomb, or are we talking about something "official?" If this was one of those pesky little bombs that go off in Iraq all day, I see no huge issue. Its not good, but it isnt anything compared to a conventional explosive.

Any word on the damage?

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
its been a busy couple of days in a row

these bombs in Irans oil production
the earlier Mosque bombing in Iraq
and the 2 bombs at the Saudi oil facility

3 different targets, by 3 different perps ??

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Virtually every nation has done things that would be "worth bombing" for by some minority. Iran is no different, and in fact, considering their government, this seems almost more likely than not. Every nation can be blamed.

Except maybe Luxembourg....

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It would seem that the Brits are becoming a bit of a focus for Iranian 'outrage' -

Fierce protest is underway in front of British Embassy in Tehran on Sunday with large number of students and theological students expressing outrage at desecration of holy shrine of Imam Hadi (AS) and Imam Hassan Askariya (AS) in Samarra.

Demonstrators pelted stones and Molotov cocktail at the compound of the British Embassy which caused fire with black smoke rising to the sky.

Link

I wonder if the Embassy will come under further attack?

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I really hope the otherwise fairly normal populations of Iran, dont go all revolutionary again...
I would hate to see another hostage situation.

I also think it would send a very bad sign for Britian to abandon the embassy.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
the US wont invade Iran. bomb yes, invade no. we're stretched thin enough as it is. itll be a job for the navy

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   

www.iranfocus.com...
Hundreds of people in an ethnic Arab neighbourhood of the south-western city of Ahwaz staged an anti-government demonstration hours after three explosions in Khuzistan Province on Monday morning

Its difficult to beleive that these two events are unrelated, an attack on the state industry and then an anti-state rally. Its also difficult to beleive that, so close to the upcoming Iran War, that the US or its Allies aren't supporting anti-government groups.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
It sounds like to me like some people would want the United States behind such attacks.

Why don't we point fingers at China? They have a lot more at stake in Iranian oil than we do. All we want is for Iran to stop it's nuclear program.

And why implicate the Brits? Because people haven't got anything better to do! Just think. Two superpowers, er, wait a minute. Two Mega-powers resorting to pee-on tactics.

Myself? I believe the attacks were carried out by Iranians wanting help to overthrow their present government. So let's get on with it!

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Ofcourse this is done by locals. If you are a secularist this is your chance to push them over the edge.

Lets take a bet. How long for MY 3 MULLAHS to start killing locals.

new topics

top topics

join