It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marshal law

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Just want to get everyone's opinion on MARSHAL LAW.

Does anyone think we will have Marshal Law in the USA?

If so when, and who do you think will implement it?

Will Terrorism be the excuse used to bring Marshal law in the US?

Any other thought?

Thanks guys.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I would say its a distinct possibility, especially after hearing about all the movement of military hardware on the east coast. As for gussing when, thats really up in the air, but with the mood of things I could see it happening within the next year or two unless something drastic speeds up the chain of events or slows it down. Terrorism is such a convienent guise to pass of marshal law that I would be surprised if a different reason was used.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I think you nailed it on the head alternet
, that's "pretty much" what I think.

Thanks for the comment.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 was created specifically to prevent the use of the US military as the US police force.

Of course, we can all think of times when this act has been overtly violated, however the letter of the law at least still stood.

What is particularly scarey now is that the Bush Administration is actively and formally seeking to remove the Posse Comitatus from law, which would formally clear the way for unlimited use of the US military for martial law activities.

In other words, there would be nothing at all standing between the US Federal Government stripping away the rest of your civil rights.

www.denyignorance.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Dragonrider what do you think about the Patriot act II?

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Its just downright creepy to think of armed military personal with m16's and frags in place of the usual black-uniform police officers. I also have to wonder what the oppinion about this possiblity is among police officers, as its not only screwing over the rights of citizens, but in theory also messing with their jobs which put money in the bank for food for their families/

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by glan
Dragonrider what do you think about the Patriot act II?

Patriot II (which officially died in Congress, only to be ressurected with a name change to the Victory Act, doesnt that sound a lot like something you heard in the movie 1984???) is essentially a law to make the US constitution and all personal rights, freedoms, and privacy completely and totally obsolete.

Patriot II will in no way increase the safety or security of the US for any reason, but then it was never intended to do so.

I hate very much to say it, but I have a feeling that Patriot II or one of its renamed decendents will indeed pass in the not too distant future. Currently there is a groundswell of opposition against it, however one more 911 style attack, especially if it is of larger scale than the original attack, will create enough panic and public opinion to allow its passage without anyone batting an eye.

And that will be the death of American Freedom.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
DR - Im interested in your thoughts here - you have the PC act - still i believe in force. However here in the UK we have or rather had the 1972 Prevention of Terrorism act - which suspended Haebeus Corpus, gave the right of random search and detention and exercised the right to prevent free association. Given this law and the reason for its existance and the current state of the world wouldnt it actually seem logical that the US would wish that the PC act was repealed ? - for nothing more sinister than defending citizens rights ?

I offer this not as a critisicm of US laws - lets face it regarding Firearms we have many fewer rights than you guys (dont i know it as a shotgun shooter) - but rather as a reflection of perhaps the world we now live in ?

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
martial law has been declared in the US before in the past,it was a different country then,with different leaders and some integrity left way on back then.
The danger of martial law now is the lack of integrity in the government now,those laws probably won't be lifted if it is declared.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a thought - given the percieved emergency of 9-11 wouldnt that have been the best time to declare marshal law - rather than some less stressful time or one without a real threat ?. If the NWO exists i can think of no bigger moment to make a move - assuming they were behind it ?

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silk
a thought - given the percieved emergency of 9-11 wouldnt that have been the best time to declare marshal law - rather than some less stressful time or one without a real threat ?. If the NWO exists i can think of no bigger moment to make a move - assuming they were behind it ?

Unless they had something planned in the not-so-distant future...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by glan

It is martial law not marshall law.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Over the last 6 months or so many of the martial law "acts" and "bills" where extended by bush...white house press site has them and the dates.
We have had a martial law bill in effect since we went into Iraq.. they just havent "shown" any control etc. As far as the comatatus bill it was amended they can now do it. Our bill of rights has also been amended in many many ways, ie. they now only need "reasonable cause" as defined by the issuing party; for search and seizure. You can find alot of it on the press site, the silly bunnies left them hanging around to long and now they are moving onto the net.(when they try and remove them)

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Americans lost their freedom a long time ago. It was only an illusion created by that astounding propaganda machine.

I moved to Europe half my life ago and was fully adult at that time. I've raised my family over here and now almost all of my children are adults. And do you know why I left the US? That's right. I could see what was coming even back then in the early 80s.

I'm amazed that it's taken this long to happen but there ya go. The writing's been on the wall for some time now. You only needed to read it.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Well, I bet they won't declare anything until they get their brand new fancy police cars.

www.carbonmotors.com...

I saw this thing on TV. And it can be outfitted with biological, chemical, and radiation sensors. That got my attention.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
My own personal opinion, based on nothing concrete beyond speculation, theory, gut instinct and fear is that Marshall Law will be declared for the following reasons for the following pretexts, it is not based on politics or political agenda ;

A. The highly divided and very tense Presidential election, between what I honestly believe is a developing Cult of Personality would be Communist/Utopian Dictator Barrack Obama, who I theorize is a KGB sleeper/mole/infiltrator being run against an American Patriot who was compromised through 6 years of Mind Control & Manchurian Candidate programming in Hanoi is made to appear Obama won, but either the vote comes back McCain, or the Courts Step in on behalf of McCain, touching off rioting throughout the country.
B. Marshall law is declared to 1. put down disturbances and disarm and imprison armed aggressors while 2. The bank holiday takes place to reach mutual bankruptcy accords with other nations, while 3. Dick Cheyney attempts to eliminate George Bush and seize power, ending a nearly 3 decade long cat and mouse game between Cheyney (alleged communist mole) against George Sr. former head of the CIA (who allegedly recruited Cheyney out of the Nixon Administration to be the CIA’s Steward of the Presidency to feed Soviets misinformation while heading a network of upwards of 50,000 sleeper KGB agents working upwards into power since the mid sixties)
C. So the Bail Out Package already signed into law, which allows for the ownership by government of all homes, banks and big industry is fully utilized to create a full communist state, that Personality Cult Leader Obama runs with Cheyney behind the scenes or Cheyney out in front with Obama, Pellosi or Michelle taking lesser roles.
D. To effectuate a state where hungry disarmed masses become compliant merely for food upon authority and its direction.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I know that Italy has deployed the Army on the streets to fight Crime, is this a steath Marshal Law? The general population like the idea for being protected, next step is the Mark of the Beast, may help protect you so you see the fibre is being woven into acceptance, all part of the plan.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
ive heard a rumor about marshall law if the country goes into that state all federal and state prisoners can be executed i dont beleive it but who knows anyone else hear that rumor or is the inmate that told me that a ritard

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
It's called Martial Law.

Not Marshall

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by glan
Just want to get everyone's opinion on MARSHAL LAW.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Gemwolf]

My opinion is that if you are going to start a thread about a subject, you should least know enough about that subject to be able to spell it correctly.

In this case, it should be "martial" law, not "marshall" law.

What passes for education these days ...

Reminds me of another member that recently posted about putting people up on "pedal stools" instead of "pedestals".

These are not examples of misspellings due to typing fast.

All that said, my other opinion on martial law is that it's not likely to be implemented here in the U.S. unless there is either a huge natural disaster, or some sort of rebellion against the government.

[edit on 7/30/2010 by centurion1211]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join