It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Wargames Take 2: Scenario 1

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
A little background on Saudi Arabias current situation:

Saudi Arabia is in the throes of a crisis. The economy cannot keep pace with population growth, the welfare state is rapidly deteriorating, and regional and sectarian resentments are rising to the fore. These problems have been exacerbated by an upsurge in radical Islamic activism. Many agree that the Saudi political system must somehow evolve, but a profound cultural schizophrenia prevents the elite from agreeing on the specifics of reform.

The Saudi monarchy functions as the intermediary between two distinct political communities: a Westernized elite that looks to Europe and the United States as models of political development, and a Wahhabi religious establishment that holds up its interpretation of Islam's golden age as a guide. Saudi Arabia's two most powerful princes have taken opposing sides in this debate: Abdullah tilts toward the liberal reformers and seeks a rapprochement with the United States, whereas Nayef sides with the clerics and takes direction from an anti-American religious establishment that shares many goals with al Qaeda.

Saudi Arabia lays claim to some of the world's most valuable oil deposits beneath land largely blanketed by barren desert. It is known as the birthplace of Islam, and is the cradle of the Arab people. Petroleum profits have thrust it into the modern age and made it one of the most powerful nations in the Middle East. In 2000, normally good relations with the U.S. grew strained when Crown Prince Abdullah blamed Washington for the collapse of peace talks at an Arab summit in Cairo. Once the base of operations for the U.N. coalition in the 1991 Gulf War, and again quietly for the United States' air campaign over Afghanistan in 2002, Saudi Arabia has publicly proven less cooperative in a possible campaign against Iraq.

No official statement from the absolute monarchy ruled by the Al Saud family has been given. Contacts trying to get a statement from the high ranking officials on the plane-crash, has been in vain.

The government do however express concern about Iran's actions. Due to Irans current actions in obtaining nuclear arms and their increasing involvements in Iraq politics and trying to obtain a stronger control on the Middle-East, Saudi Arabia wont hold back on any show of force. Russia will be supported in any military actions.

[edit on 5/3/06 by Thain Esh Kelch]

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
**Official German Press Release***

Germany urges Eritrea to hand over the pilots and equipment in question to the US, this must be done so the world community can get to the bottom of this matter. The support and aid of the EU could be at risk if Eritrea does not comply and cooperate.

I can assure you and the U.S. I would hand over the pilots if they were in custody but they are acting w/o goverment sanction.I feel they were Ephiopian spys.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonlit Shadow

Originally posted by WestPoint23
**Official German Press Release***

Germany urges Eritrea to hand over the pilots and equipment in question to the US, this must be done so the world community can get to the bottom of this matter. The support and aid of the EU could be at risk if Eritrea does not comply and cooperate.

I can assure you and the U.S. I would hand over the pilots if they were in custody but they are acting w/o goverment sanction.I feel they were Ephiopian spys.

Hey I'm Eritrea .(sorry that was my wifes account lol.)

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The President of Iran gave a short but to the point statement to the press this afternoon. The transcript reads:

"The Nation of Iran gives thanks to the allies who have given it support in this moment of crisis. We will not back down or give quarter to those that oppose us.

We salute our brothers in North korea for the rise in stature their latest victory has brought them and offer hope to Eritrea for a quick and safe solution to their problems as well. We will not let you down.

What is to come is to come. It has been prophesied for many centuries and finally we shall see the fruits of our beliefs."

More as tis story develops.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
In a press release today by the South Korean Leader, which was called after the revelation that there will be a united Korea once more, the following was said.

''Today is a great day for are two country's, for too long we have been separated by bureaucracy and western torment.'' He then went on to say ''From midnight today we will be re-opening our boarder to are northern brothers.''

When asked what his stance was on America's military presence in the country, he responded ''America is no longer needed or welcome in the New Peoples Principality of Korea.'' He then went on to issue this stark warning, ''We have issued America with a time line for withdrawal of its Troops....... I would also urge all American civilians to leave the regain as there safety can no longer be guaranteed.''

''We will also be increasing are military training and weapons production, as the Western tyrants can not be trusted any more.'' He then went on to comment, ''We will also be increasing spending on research and development in the military.'' When asked to comment further, his reply was 'No, i will not be pulled into a discussion that could result in a breach in national security.''

His closing statement was ''We would like to offer a invitation to the Iran and Russia leaders'' When asked to expand on the reason, he stated ''I am offering this invitation in the hope that we can partake in a free 'market', so to speak. He then went on to state '' Both countries have a substantial supply of Energy resources, which as everybody knows is a requirement of a country in a spurt of growth such as ours.''

These are startling revelations from the South Korean leader. Reports state that the country is 'buzzing' with excitement after hearing of these developments.

More to follow....

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This is a CNN Special News Bulletin.

The Pentagon has released a report that a burst of radiation has been seen in a New Peoples Principality of Korea port. It appears to have happened shortly after the first Eritrean food shipment arrived at the port. It is unknown was caused the burst, but further investigation is ongoing. The White House has asked Russia to double check their plutonium stores to verify that the plutonium they found matched the amount that was missing.

[edit on 3/6/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Ok for the record, here are the turns once we start back on a turn based scenario. For now there are no turns, and it's post as you go. I'll give 24 hours notice before turns start again.

Eritrea
Egypt
Russia
USA
Iran
China
Ukraine
Saudi Arabia
Canada
UK
Japan
Finland
Germany
NPPK

Anybody that joins us late, will just add their turns after the last country.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Reactions to the NK harbour incident :

the USAF will loanch motioring planes from bases in japan to fly along the international airspace bordering korea - samplong radiation levels - and issue warings to shipping and fisheries as needed

all data will be shared with PRC and Russia

the US hopes that these countries will share thier data

in light of this incident - all vessels which have called at korean ports in the last 60 days are hereby barred from entry to US water - untill they can be searched to out satisfaction

under the authority of the IAFE - the USN is authorised to stop and board any vessel heasding to of from korean waters - it suspects of trafficing illegal nuclear materials

the US is also tabling motions in the UN - and sec coincil - for the censure of korea - and sanctions

[edit on 6-3-2006 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
ok - here goes a quickie b4 bed :

to Eritrea :

if your claim that the pilots were etheopian spies has merit – we will back you 101% - if you identify them and assist in their capture

we are aware of your border dispute with ethepoia – and will take what ever measures are nessecary against etheopia if this plot is a ruse to discredit your country

to Korea [ or whatever it calls itself today ]

you now claim to be one nation - so be it , you want it , you got it

diplomatic relations are hereby suspended , NK has never been recognised – we see no obligation to recognize her bastard off spring

the former ROK - diplomatic staff are now persona non grata - there leave to remain in the USA is revoked – you have 14 days and 6 hours to vacate the country -

all trade agreements and seperate treaties with the former ROK are null and void

until new agreements are reached – the US policy vis NK shall apply to the unified country

to US citizens and corperations in former ROK :

all official ties with the USA vis former ROK are being suspended – as of march 15th

all US citizens and assets in former ROK after this time cannot be protected

the US is withdrawing ambassador Norris , and his staff

To all US defence personel former ROK :

The us is withdrawing – effective 14 days and 6 hours . apparently we are no longer welcome

All leave is cancelled – effective immediate – all bases will be on lock down for the next 14 days

For the next 14 days – all facilities in former ROK will be at bikini state red .

All facilities in Japan – bikini state amber .

We will withdraw in an orderly manner – with dignity and honour – the korean people have apparently made their descision – we must respect that .

All departing troops and material – will rotate through okinawa and japan

[edit on 6-3-2006 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Chairman of NPPK, Kim Jung Il, spoke out to NPPK News today in regards to the comments made by the United States and inspecting and boarding Korean bound vessels.

"...We have nothing to hide, if the imperialists wish to board our vessels and search they can..."

Chairman Il went on to say that in accordance with the United States pull out of troops from the Principality of Korea, all Korean Dignitaries and civilians shall withdrawel from the United States in a timely manner of the fifteen day period.

In a comment on the United States motion for the censure of the Principality of Korea, Kim Jung Il stated:

"We do not recognize the authority of the capitalists in the United Nations, and therefore, any forcable censure or sanction upon the Principality of Korea will be considered an act of hostility, and will be reacted upon accordingly."

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
*******Japan NEWS SERVICE**********

The emperor of Japan has been reinstated and has, in addition to its ally NPPK, formed the Pacific Rim Alliance(PRA)....an asian communist block.

The US has 15 days to withdrawl from Japan.

In addition Japan will pursue research and development into ballistic missiles and nuclear weapons research.

*****END OF MESSAGE****************

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The Nation of Iran announced today that it is forming a technical and military alliance with the newly unified nation of Korea. In the Presidents speech he outlined the following.

“Our two nations have reached an historical and truly great agreement today. We shall share our technologies, our cultures and our military prowess to defend each other against the evil nature of those who oppose the freedom of all nations to choose their own path. We shall open our borders to free passage between our nations and the sharing of culture. We shall support our allies in any and all ways they may need and be open to the support of them should the need arise.”

How this agreement will play out on the world stage is yet to be seen.

More as this breaking story develops.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
the USA - regrets the bizarre volte face by japan - but indicates that she is going to make the nessecary plans to comply within the 15 day dealine - there will be no US troops in the " ccommunis empire of japan " - or whatever its called today

PS - who is the " restored " emprer ???? - the us was under the impresiion that AKIHITO already WAS the head of state - has he been replaced ??
and has the diet been suspended

oh and one final insult - monarchy and comunism - dont mix - never have never will

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
The Pentagon has just released a statement that the DIA working with the FBI and CIA has traced a large money transfer to a bank in Eritrea. The transfer came through several dummy corporations, and has been traced back to a company with known ties to the Iranian government.

"This is the first concrete proof we have of Iranian involvement in this incident" the Pentagon spokesperson said. "We don't have a motive for this horrific incident, but at least now we know who did it. A number of options are being examined at this time."

More information as it becomes available.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
***Nile tv news cast***

Statement from President buckaroo.

"In this climate of fear and uncertainty I urge calm accross the Arab world,

I confirm that I am urging Amr Moussa to convein the 11th emergency summit of the جامعة الدول العربية (Arab league) Here at the permanent headquaters in Cairo at the earliest juncture,in order to pass a resolution forcing Eritriea to hand over all pertinant data regarding the Attack on the BA flight 10001 or risk there observer status with in the league itself.Aswell as to discuss alleged Iranian involvement.

I will also offer my services to act as a mediator between President Kuhl and President Ignorant ape,in the hope of diffusing this sensitive matter with out any military intervention."

"I have also been briefed by my chiefs of staff Lt. Gen. Sami Hafez Enan,Vice Admiral Tamer Abd El Aleem Mohamed Ismail,Lt. Gen. Magdy Galal Sharawi and Major General Abd El Aziz Seif and have acted on there advice to raise our level of prepardness to its highest possible level."

" This also involves the redoployment of air defence fighter assets from 242 tactical fighter brigade from Beni suef,to enforce a new southern no fly zone, in co -operation with the sudanese airforce along the border with Eritreia******* note no one is sudan so i guess its up to to zaphod to let me do this*******in order to ensure no intrusion by rogue elements of the Eritreian airforce"

"I have also approved an order to deploy naval units to assist in the recovrey operation if needed by the US navy the (oliver hazard perry class) frigates Taba and Sharm El-Sheikh are at the disposal of the US Navy if they are called upon"

"I now ask Vice Admiral Mohamed to step up and to continue the briefing"

"Thank you mr Presidant,"

" our naval assets are the highest state of alert in regard the transfer of submarines to Eritriea from NPPK and we are considering our options regarding assisting any US naval blockaide of Eritreia as well as assuring the safety of Egyptian international waters and merchant shipping,the balance of naval power in the red sea in a sensitive issue and we have drawn up strict rules of engagement for our deployed vessels,obviously I cannot divulge information regarding any of our other deployments"

"I must reaffirm that all naval leave has been cancelled and that further information can be obtained regarding naval reserve personel can be obtained from your commanding officer who will be contacting you soon ,thank you"

***briefing ends***

[edit on 7-3-2006 by buckaroo]

[edit on 7-3-2006 by buckaroo]

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
***AP Breaking News***

In a stunning turn of events from Germany last night the parliament approved and the Chancellor signed into law, this new law lowers the requirements needed for Germany to commit troops for offensive military operations. This new law will allow Germany to partake in unrestricted offensive military operations as long as it is in a coalition and its not a unilateral action. Germany hopes to work close with the military alliance of NATO, the EU and the UN. German Chancellor Angela Merkel said that “in order to be prepared to safeguard the German people and state we have taken this action because the world is changing, and our old laws were inadequate to deal with this new world.”.

Merkel also said that she is very disappointed that Japan has taken such radical action.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
THE US DIPLOMATIC STANCE :

The USA is adopting an issolationst approach – to thie increasing bizaare twists of governments who have abandoned all reason

All infractions are beind tabled at the UN - and for the time being – we are prepared to allow rogue nations to hoist themselves by their own petards

POLICY TOWARDS IRAN :

At this time , the USA regards the paper trail linking Iranian fron corporations to the Eritrea airbuss incident as a “ probable cause “ – to vigourously investigate ALL aspects of irans activities

As long as Eritrea is co operative – then she will receive support and assistance

DEPLOYMENT OF VESSELS :

USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76) – to exit Persian gulf – regroup and hold station off oman

Nassau Expeditionary Strike Group (ESG) – to exit Persian gulf - regroup and hold station off oman

USS Devner (LPD 9) – to panama canal zone – pacific coast – eta – 96 hours

USS Wasp (LHD 1) – to belize – amphibious assault exercises – eta – 26 hours

3 destroyers – and 4 mine sweepers – to patrol dutes in persian gulf “ flying the flag “ eta – 0 hours

DEPLOYMENT OF TROOPS :

The 10th mountain div – to ALASKA – on cold weather readiness exercises – ETA 30 hours , duration – 20 days

The 101st airborne division – to OMAN - on desert warfare training – ETA – 120 hours , duration – 45 days

STRATEGIC DEPLOYMENTS :

LPS squadrons @ Diego Garcia – to stand by for deployment within 2 hours notice – eta – 120 hours [ this represents the work up and maintenance duties required to make the entire force ready to move at the drop of a hat ]

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
In a brief release today the President of Iran stated:

"The gathering of American warships off the southern coast of our nation is reprehensible and an overt act of aggression against the peaceful and caring people of Iran. We will strengthen our southern borders and prepare for the attack by the puppets of the illegal zionist dogs of Isreal. This action will not go unanswered."

Though he failed to specify what actions would be taken.

More as this story develops.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   
From the Pentagon:

4 NPPK Type 209 Chang Bogo diesel submarines have left Korean waters, heading towards the Persian Gulf. It is believed that these submarines will be under orders to assist in the defense of the Iranian territories in the Persian Gulf. More news as it becomes available.

[edit on 3/9/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   
This is CNN with a special news bulletin.

Russia has confirmed that the plutonium that was found was in fact NOT the missing plutonium. Several small amounts along with nuclear simulators were found in the crates that were discovered two days ago in a warehouse in the Ukraine. It is unknown how the plutonium was stolen, or where it was shipped to, but it is now confirmed that there IS enough missing plutonium for three small nuclear weapons. The Pentagon released a statement earlier today, "We believe that it's just too much of a coincidence that there was a radioactive bloom in an NPPK port after it was discovered that there is missing plutonium in Russia. The NPPK must have stolen the material." It is unknown what actions will be taken at this time, however, the ship that carried the apparent plutonium to the NPPK began its journey in Eritrea.

"About the same time this ship began sailing, Eritrea received a shipment of helicopters from Russia. We believe that the plutonium was packed in with the helicopters, and then loaded onto the 'food shipment' bound for the NPPK. There are a number of options available to us at this time, however we are continuing to examine all the data before making a move."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join