It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it about Kanye West?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
WWJD? Take a class so he could twist random folk in knots because of his own retarded fears that his "member" isn't big enough (no doubt).

What are you going on about? Kanye isn't racist just like Eminem isn't black. And black folk can be racist. Goodness, nothing after your first and second sentence has anything to do with this thread. I don't understand what you mean anyways. Is it hiphop in general that you have a problem with? Ah, rants are like that...so go to the BTS front page and click on Rant. There you can post your angry diatribes. I suggest you pick one subject at a time...maybe start with the grabbing members thing that sounds interesting. I think Jesus would like it too.

yo I couldn't resist, so I guess I have suck up to avoid a warn for the flames...oh lovely flames. Sometimes maybe its worth it...lil red thing just sitting under your name saying, I was a bad girl.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Dig the avatar but you know there are no famale angels right? As to the other stuff, w4ell all I'm going to say is I'm on the mark. West is racists and just because he spouts nonsense like "white people can only use old and busted words" tells me he is a bigot. Which begs the question, why should white people put up with it. I mean if it was a white guy saying this the media would eat him alive and he would have to make public ammends. But because west is black and americans (non-native of course as we don't really have an opinion about it as we view you are all as trespassers and murderers of our people) have some inferiority complex about slavery still they put up with his racist statements.

[edit on 20/3/06 by OneGodJesus]

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
One God Jesus...this will be my only post in response to your nonsense, so dont bother with a reply...

Do not take this thread and highjack it to be your Kanyes a racist thread. We had a pretty nice little discussion here without you posting crap that has nothing to do with the thread. Go start you own thread to whine about how racist he is.

Saph, how you gonna give Common a B? Delivery isnt the best, but his lyrical ability suffices for at least an A-. Right? And IMO Wu as a group was one of the best hip-hop entities of the 90's. A whole double album with no hooks?! Solo...Meth and Rae are the only B+'s. I give the rest steady B's. I am a huge RZA fan, but I can admit at least half of his genious is production. And Fat Joe is a D+. He has only recently been moved to semi-wack status for me. I still cant get past the wanna-be-Pun rhymes that he cant seem to shed.

And for the ladies...Jean Gray B, Lady Luck B-, Missy B+, and am I the only one who likes Bahamadia?

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
One God Jesus...this will be my only post in response to your nonsense, so dont bother with a reply...

Do not take this thread and highjack it to be your Kanyes a racist thread. We had a pretty nice little discussion here without you posting crap that has nothing to do with the thread. Go start you own thread to whine about how racist he is.

Saph, how you gonna give Common a B? Delivery isnt the best, but his lyrical ability suffices for at least an A-. Right? And IMO Wu as a group was one of the best hip-hop entities of the 90's. A whole double album with no hooks?! Solo...Meth and Rae are the only B+'s. I give the rest steady B's. I am a huge RZA fan, but I can admit at least half of his genious is production. And Fat Joe is a D+. He has only recently been moved to semi-wack status for me. I still cant get past the wanna-be-Pun rhymes that he cant seem to shed.

And for the ladies...Jean Gray B, Lady Luck B-, Missy B+, and am I the only one who likes Bahamadia?

and I qoute the OP"What is it about Kanye West?

I feel really bad because I usually don't hate people, but this guy makes me really uncomfortable! Is it because he can't sing? Is it his arrogance? Is it because of 'antics,' which I feel are only to increase his popularity? Is it because he wears his religion on his sleeve like some kind of personal accomplishment?

Is it all of these things? Yes. And I feel bad. But I can't stand him.

It's not because he's a rap artist. I love Emimem , who seems more 'black' to me than Mr. West. Perhaps it's a feeling of inauthenticity. Yeah that's it. I feel like Kanye is always 'acting', never being authentic.

What is the general feeling about him around here? Like him? Like his work?

I'm just curious if I'm alone because he seems pretty popular."

Seems you aren't following suit pal

Are my opinions about his racist lyrics and public statements out of line from what the OP stated? I think not...so I will do as I please in light of the fact I have not posted out of line with the original poster...funkboy

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Saph, how you gonna give Common a B? Delivery isnt the best, but his lyrical ability suffices for at least an A-. Right? And IMO Wu as a group was one of the best hip-hop entities of the 90's. A whole double album with no hooks?! Solo...Meth and Rae are the only B+'s. I give the rest steady B's. I am a huge RZA fan, but I can admit at least half of his genious is production. And Fat Joe is a D+. He has only recently been moved to semi-wack status for me. I still cant get past the wanna-be-Pun rhymes that he cant seem to shed

First things first...Fat Joe got many skills. There is no way he's ear posion. He does the pop thing, but if you get his CD he has conscious tracks all throughout. Tis like, hook them with the "Lean Back" nonsense to get them in there and teach 'em a lil sumthin. The Wu, I never really liked anything after 36 Chambers, but I respect their skill to say a bunch of nothing and still get ya head nodding, soooo B-.

Common is under rated on my scale and in general. It's his flow problems, but he seems to be getting better at it. "The Corner"! I love that track if you ever been on a block in Chicago with the noise and the smells and the cold. Tis like the soundtrack of the pavement. I've never heard Common get that gritty and that's of course a Kanye West production. Genius.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Common is the Chi's soundtrack IMO. I lived in Chicago for a year. Lots of lonely trips on the L with Common in my ears. I guess I can respect Joe a bit more, but I still think he is trying to take a torch from Pun that was never really passed. I do love his little stabs at 50. The same thing that got me listening to Jadakiss. God I miss the Lox.

Anybody else wanna talk about how Kanye is racist? Its a pretty moot arguement with me. Really, he is entitled to be a bit racist. Just because he said George Bush doesnt care about black people doesnt make him racist. I think George Bush doesnt care about poor people. I see it as class issue rather than a race thing. New Orleans happened to be a majority black, so...

Didnt mean to start a fire here, I just rather enjoyed the discussion we are having now, rather than someone who knows nothing about hip-hop whining about a racist black millionaire. The Klan is racist buddy, go bitch about them.

But enough politics...any good hip hop suggestions from you Saph? We definately have very similar tastes (all but the Fat Joe thing). Where are you located? Whos hot locally?

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Dropping back in...

I'm in Indianapolis....thus, location: Nappy city or Nappy dugout or Naptown Cracktown...ah, it changes with my mood.

Locally, we are really lacking. I mean every now and then we get small groups that pop up but its never anything with staying power.

The thing with hiphop is that it can sound like anything...metal, soft or classic rock, r&b and its still hiphop. If I could create a hiphop starter kit for people that believe they hate rap the very first CD would be Blackalicious Blazing Arrow cause what they do with sound and vocab is simply breath taking you can't hear it and not love it...imo...some will still hate. Second CD would have to be the Might Mos Def New Danger for the same reason...he just elevates the rules of the game. He rocks only the way hiphop can rock. Finally, I'd refresh their memory with some dope old skool hiphop cinema like Krush Groove, are you kidding me??? Fat Boys, RunDMC, Kurtis Blow, and the Beasties. 8 mile what? 50 cent who?

What about you, Dafunk? What would be in your hiphop starter kit? I know you've given a few list in this thread, but for someone who absolutely hates rap or has only been exposed to the mainstream...name one or two that you would suggest to get them started. It would be hard to start with an Aesoprock type or Jedimind Tricks.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Yeah, I missed the Nappy City thing. I saw it like 10 minutes later.

Well...you almost made my starter list for me. I would add Wu-Tang Forever, The Roots (Phrenology and The Tipping Point both), Reflection Eternal (if only for that version of For Women...everyone should hear that song...hip-hop fan or not), Black on Both Sides (Can't have enough Mighty Mos), Atmosphere, DJ Abilities, Immortal Technique (even got some metal fans loving Technique), and I have been turning a lot of people on to some local stuff.

I appreciate hip-hops roots at the entry level, even though I can't rhyme. I spend more time listening to my friends lately. Battle Creek, MI doesnt have much of a "good" hip-hop scene. Lots of thugs and threats...but not much impressive artistry. I can proudly say one of my good friends is the best I have heard in this hole in years. Other than that...my local scene is pretty lacking as well. I miss the Chi when I start thinking of the local music scene. We dont have any good blues either. This place has lotsa drugs, police, tuff-guy wannabes, and a community college...Thats about it. Pretty crappy to say the least...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join