It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I don't know if this is in the right place (Feel free to move it)

Has anybody else noticed that in the last month we have had quite a few new people join on the same/similar dates, all claiming to have had encounters so to speak?
I'm not saying they are all liers but does anyone else find this slightly strange? To anyone who has posted in the last month that is new, like i said i'm most certainly not saying you are liers!

Or have only i noticed this? Probaly just being silly, i know

CB x x x x x

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I haven't noticed but maybe a bunch of people out there want to be the next serpoo.

If you can make a list of these new members and send it to the mods via gripe/idea button. They can check out their IPs and see if it is all just one person with many accounts.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Good idea. thanks will do that now if i can find all the names

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Good idea - It'll make sure theres not another serpo hit on ATS again - see if they all are the same ip addy... and then ban them forever

But if they are genuine and want to share an interesting aspect of an encounter, lets hear them out first before we act in ignorance.

Or another side of the coin is your new so why should we trust a newbie whos trying to raise doubts about other posters with no evidence?

See theres two sides to a coin. Just make sure you have evidence before you act or flame someone for a post.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadGreebo
Or another side of the coin is your new so why should we trust a newbie whos trying to raise doubts about other posters with no evidence?

I have searched for posts under there names, the majority is in Aliens and UFO's. All also have very similar things about them, like every single one has no avatar or signature as far as i can see. (And No, i'm not saying everybody without a sig and avatar is some sort of fraud lol
)

Like i said, i'm not calling anybody a liar whatsoever
I'm writing that gripe/idea thing now, and like i said to them, i apologise completely for wasting time if i am wrong
And i'm not trying to raise doubts, was simply asking if anybody else had noticed this.

[edit on 27/2/06 by crookedblue]

[edit on 27/2/06 by crookedblue]

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Thats cool crooked I was just trying to show both sides of a counter argument... I agree with what you say though - If some one is trying to dupe or fake stuff then thats bad for ATS.

Kudos for you for raising the issue .

Love the avatar by the way.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Thanks

Have sent the idea thingy off, and i guess now i wait

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
yeah you'll get a u2u for your troubles... they are real speedy with help and the like so I guess it wont take too long. An issue like yours needs a quick response.

Oh and welcome to ATS

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Im fairly new here and i havent had a ufo experience...YET. Sure as hell would like one though.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Hi
I'm kinda new, but I did take notice of that when I was checking out the new member list, It was strange, didn't know that many people join in a single day! Good idea, to write ATS, so a person can have more than one name on here? Didn't think they could.
I thought it was just me, taking notice of this! lol

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcome, MadGreebo!

Yeah angelwings all you have to do is log out and register again i guess

I do hope I am wrong though to be honest, And i hope i haven't offended anyone new who has posted a sighting, I don't mean all of you!

I know what you mean mojo4sale, I'd love one too! Allthough i would probaly be really scared and hide Lol!!

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by crookedblue
Has anybody else noticed that in the last month we have had quite a few new people join on the same/similar dates, all claiming to have had encounters so to speak?

I haven't thought about it like that, but now that you mention it, I'm 100% certain the US government is attacking ATS.

Just thinking about it....

There is no way to tell if it's true, and there's no specific way to discredit a 'standard' incident.

The US Govt. is probably feeding us some wrong information too, and will in the long run either cause excessive skeptism from us, or feed a tonn of disinformation.

Makes perfect sense....The news about the US fighting on the internet comes to mind too.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I recently joined because of the newer members. I lurked here for a long time enjoying the discussions and debates between people who demonstrated some intellect, humor, and tolerance. Then I started noticing a trend; posters writing little more than what amounted to unsubstantiated fiction and getting peeved when questioned about its validity. "Well, you simply don't get it or can't handle it." seems to be the mantra. I wanted to come here and try to put some rationality back into the discussions. It is difficult.
I don't think its the guv-mint doing this; ATS owners, moderators, and well-known posters have recently been involved with other boards in a negative manner. My guess is that members from other boards are signing up here in an attempt to dilute the ATS mission "deny ignorance".

Not

[edit on 1-3-2006 by NotClever]

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Funny thing, I messaged yesterday in another thread authored by Sleeper that I wondered if all the new members in the month of Feb. 2006 have been prompted to join ATS just so they could correspond with him regarding ET.

Has there been a recent increase in membership to ATS? Where can we get the stats? Where are the new members posting most of their messages? Just curious about everything these days.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by highhorse313
Funny thing, I messaged yesterday in another thread authored by Sleeper that I wondered if all the new members in the month of Feb. 2006 have been prompted to join ATS just so they could correspond with him regarding ET.

new members in the month of Feb. 2006

Sounds familiar to what i was thinking (As in the dates.)

[edit on 1/3/06 by crookedblue]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Hi Not Clever, now that was good! That makes sense - I mean a lot are really upset - a lot of links that people go to see on someone's site and its blocked & then a nice sign pops up saying were stealing! I mean I take that as a bit strange don't you? Were just looking, I mean don't they want more people going to their sites? I guess not from ATS! Gee why all the hate?
hmmmmm makes me wonder why?
But you had a very good point thanks for the insight!
Or could be one mad banned member? But then ATS I'm sure be right on it! Well here's hoping they would be!
I say they want to cause War Game like you said! I'm really surprised at all the tooth & daggers being thrown around here latley!
Gee and I thought it was a grown up site lol Sorry its late and I couldn't resist!
I Better stop there ...
2:18 AM Night
Angel

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I am a new februray member. I joined on impulse really. Nothing to do with sleeper. I only began to read that stuff, when a new user joined the other day saying he /she spent hours going over that thread, posted to link to it, and so i went to read it.

Angelwings
Do you mean if a link is posted on ATS & is clicked on the site or page gets blocked? My guess is that would be because once a link is posted on a popular forum like this, it will get swamped with viisits and blow their bandwdth limit. Sites have only so much BW they can use in one given month, paid or free, and if it goes over, the host shuts it down OR the webmaster initiates it and has to quickly remove a page, image or media file..

top topics

join