It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spider-Man 3: Your Official Information On The Next Spider-Man movie.(SPOILERS)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I have a poll up on my blog for those who have seen the movie.
Vote on how you liked Spider-Man 3

I'm seeing the movie tomorrow after I get my free comics for Free Comic Book Day.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I just got back from seeing it. It's borderline terrible. Some individual scenes are good (one or two great even) but the whole thing is a mess and the tone is all over the place. In terms of plotting it's a complete train wreck.

Parker deciding to style his hair emo when he decided he was bad was painful to watch, I cringed. The subtlety of the last two movies have been replaced with the most moronically simple and obvious story developments. Continuity is kicked right out of the window, although Bruce Campbell steals the show with a hilarious scene.

Originally posted by Umbrax
The same article says that 300 is "laughably bad" and "mediocre."

It was mediocre. It didn't even touch the source material and completely missed the point of it, you of all people should know that. They papered over the cracks with "oooohhh...watch us crank up and down the speed, doesn't that look pretty?!".

It's not painful to watch, just a sorry waste of potential. If he goes the style over substance route for Watchmen I'll cry.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
major spoilers may follow:

i didn't like it...

i wasn't disappointed (because i was warned that it might have been bad), but i was let down...

yes, some scenes were good and the symbolism of the black suit was great, but the film was too all over the place...

they should have left venom for his own film...

yupp, green goblin two and sandman are enough for one film...

the movie went for cheap laughs too

there was no need for peter to be dancing around and making an idiot of himself...

although, i loved his arrogance...

venom saying "my spider senses are tingling" was funny

and what was up with spidey simply forgiving sandman and then just letting him float away :shk:

harry dying was good...

all-in-all it was a good ride, i guess...

i might have to sleep on this decision, though...

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada

It didn't even touch the source material and completely missed the point of it, you of all people should know that.

My reply on the 300 Movie thread.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
So, in conclusion.....

Being infected with an alien symbiote turns you into a queer little emo kid.

Remind me to never be infected with an alien symbiote.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Possible Villains For "Spider-Man 4"...

"Freeze Dried Movies" feels pretty confident that they know who the villains will be for "Spider-Man 4". The site reports that Dr. Curt Connors (played by Dylan Baker) will become the Lizard. And remember that "piece" of symbiote that Connors was looking at? That small piece of Alien will become Carnage. The site has also learned that there is talk about Black Cat joining the fourth film.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I just got back and I thought it was AMAZING!

I liked the whole strutting Peter did when he became arrogant, cocky and bad. I thought the CG was amazing, and generally I had a great time (apart from the usher keep on checking I wasn't eating my food brought off the premises in the cinema!)

The things I didn't like was mainly Harry. There was no reason for him to become a villain in it. If that darned Butler had told him two movies ago it would have been wonderful, and honestly I'm glad he's axed (or should that be spiked?). And I didn't like the fact that we didn't see much of snarly Venom. We had brief glimpses of him full on roaring, but nothing prolonged.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
(apart from the usher keep on checking I wasn't eating my food brought off the premises in the cinema!)

what did you bring???

The things I didn't like was mainly Harry. There was no reason for him to become a villain in it.

yeah there was...

any son should be able to avenge his father...

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
what did you bring???

What DIDN'T I bring! I had Subway, a drink, sweets, chocolate and Doritos. But that damned usher wouldn't leave me in peace so I ended up just not even trying to eat it so she'd let me enjoy the film

yeah there was...

any son should be able to avenge his father...

But if the darned Butler had told him what he told him during SM2 it wouldn't have happened.
Maybe its cause I just don't like Harry's character in the films, or the comics, or the cartoons... or in general. Don't get me wrong Franco plays him well but I dunno... never liked Harry.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

The things I didn't like was mainly Harry. There was no reason for him to become a villain in it.

Sure there was, he was GG2 in the comic book, so he's GG2 in the movie. If they didn't make him a villain I'd be upset.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

What DIDN'T I bring! I had Subway, a drink, sweets, chocolate and Doritos. But that damned usher wouldn't leave me in peace so I ended up just not even trying to eat it so she'd let me enjoy the film

i am surprised that they enforce that rule over there...

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Sure there was, he was GG2 in the comic book, so he's GG2 in the movie. If they didn't make him a villain I'd be upset.

Oh man that reminds me.
Yesterday I was at Wallmart with my son in the action figure isle. Next to us were these two teenage guys and they picked up a Green Goblin figure (from the comic not the movie).
The guy then started barking at his friend saying it wasn't the Green Goblin but was the Hobgoblin.
"Hobgoblin is green and purple," he said, "Hobgoblin came first then Green Goblin."

I totally had to bite my tongue. I may be geek but I wasn't going to correct some stranger at Wallmart.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
If that was me I wudda slapped some geek into him. Told him to wait there while I run home to get the relevant comics and everything.

Then I would have realised I was having a geek attack and took my tablets!

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
you two are funny...

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I just want to know one thing, does Venom die in this movie?

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   

If that was me I wudda slapped some geek into him. Told him to wait there while I run home to get the relevant comics and everything.

Then I would have realised I was having a geek attack and took my tablets!

lol

What was really dumb was that the packaging on the toy clearly said "GREEN GOBLIN"

Anyway lets kick this thread into
SPOILER MODE!

Looks like everyone has seen this now and has an opinion.
Everything from this post forward may have information on everything including the ending.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana

YES! and it was awesome.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   

YES! and it was awesome.

I dunno. I think it was done in a way he could be brought back if Sony wanted him back. The symbiote got fried but instead of sizzling or frying it sort of just disappeared.
Plus Doc Connors has a small part of it that one site with a source (who said Venom would be in SM3 before we saw the black suit picture) says that part of the symbiote will become Carnage and Connors will become the Lizard.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Well, since the cat has been let out of the bag so to speak, I have to agree the the emo thing wasn't a really good idea. Now there's going to be more emos walking around because the movie made it cool. He should have slicked his hair back and greased it up, but not the emo thing.

Also, the Sandman is a really weak villain. You pour water on him and he's toast. The thing I didn't understand was how the Sandman was beaten in the sewer cause Spidey unloaded the water on him, then like 45 minutes later he flows out of the sewer and takes shape again. Wasn't he still wet?

The only good villains for Spidey were Green Goblin and Dr. Octopus, that's one reason why I think the stars of the movies aren't going to do anymore. It's all downhill from here. The next movie is going to be really lame and there will be nothing but emos in the audience.

Peace

SR

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   

YES! and it was awesome.

I dunno. I think it was done in a way he could be brought back if Sony wanted him back. The symbiote got fried but instead of sizzling or frying it sort of just disappeared.
Plus Doc Connors has a small part of it that one site with a source (who said Venom would be in SM3 before we saw the black suit picture) says that part of the symbiote will become Carnage and Connors will become the Lizard.

uk.movies.ign.com...

FoxNews.com report:

'One character who appears to die in Spidey 3 might return for Spidey 4. "It turns out I may not be completely dead," the unnamed actor who plays the unspecified character revealed'.

Carnage it probably is because Eddie got burnt like toast. Or Sandman...

[edit on 6-5-2007 by SR]

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join