It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spider-Man 3: Your Official Information On The Next Spider-Man movie.(SPOILERS)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Official website: spiderman.sonypictures.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> spiderman.sonypictures.com...

Spider-Man 3 will be the third time Spider-Man has hit the big screen. The Character was originally created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. Spider-Man first appeared in Amazing Fantasy #15 in 1962. The book told a story of a nerdy teenager named Peter Parker. He lived in Queens, New York with his Uncle Ben and Aunt May. Parker was looked down upon by his peers but he found comfort in science. During a lab experiment a spider became radiated and bit Parker’s hand. Following the bit Peter became different. He could climb walls, he had amazing agility. He could leap great heights and had increased strength. He has an extra sense that warned him of danger. Parker being advanced in intelligence also made arm braces that could spin webs. Likely the Spider passed on the knowledge of how to make the webbing.
Parker needing money and wanting to test his new skills wore a disguise and entered a wrestling competition. Winning the competition boosted his popularity of his new alter identity, Spider-Man. Spider-Man met an agent and became an over night sensation making TV appearances. After an appearance a thief ran past him, Spider-Man could have stopped him easily but he felt that it wasn’t his job. One evening Parker returns home to find police cars surrounding his house. A police officer informs Parker that his uncle has been shot… murdered. Parker decided he must get the murderer and he changed into his Spider-Man costume. Spider-Man found the murderer in an abandoned warehouse where he learned that the murderer was in fact the thief who he let go earlier.
Parker now blamed himself for his uncle’s death.
”And a lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, with great power there must also come – great responsibility!
And so a ledged is born and a new name is added to the roster of those who make the world of fantasy the most exciting realm of all!”

The first two Spider-Man films were very successful at the box office. At the time of the first movie’s release, Spider-Man passed the US$100 million mark faster than any other movie, in just three days. Spider man 1 was also entered into the Guinness Book of World Records for having the Highest Box Office Gross in a Single Day, US$43.6 million. Both of these records have since been broken.
Spider-Man 1 told the origin of Spider-Man and he faced the villain known as the Green Goblin.
Spider-Man 2 was loosely based on a Spider-Man comic “Spider-Man no more” where Peter Parker gets rid of the tights and tries to live a life without Spider-Man. In this movie he faces Doctor Octopus.

Spider-Man 3 cast.

Tobey Maguire (Peter Parker/Spider-Man), Kirsten Dunst (Mary Jane Watson), James Franco (Harry Osborn), J.K. Simmons (J. Jonah Jameson), Rosemary Harris (Aunt May), and even Dylan Baker (Dr. Curt Connors) are all signed on to return for the third movie.

Added to the cast this time around are James Cromwell, Bryce Dallas Howard, Thomas Haden Church, and Topher Grace.

Sam Raimi returns to direct the third Spider-Man so expect to see his brother Ted Raimi and good buddy Bruce Campbell in the film also.

Bryce Dallas Howard is cast to play Gwen Stacy and James Cromwell will be playing her father, Captain Stacy. See the thread “Gwen Stacy will be in Spider-Man 3.” for details.

Thomas Haden Church will be playing Flint Marko/Sandman.
img.photobucket.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

In the comics Marko was accidentally bombarded by radiation on an atomic bomb testing beach, the radiation merged Marko’s molecules with that of the sand under him. This gave him the ability to transform into sand which can be hardened, dispersed, or shaped at will.
Likely in the movie his abilities will be the result of a lab test. There are many lab technicians and scientists cast for this movie.

Topher Grace has no “official” part cast but it was leaked accidentally by Kirsten Dunst.

movies.zap2it.com
"We have really great people though as the villains in this film, Thomas Haden Church and Topher Grace -- Venom and Sandman," says Kirsten Dunst while promoting her film "Elizabethtown."
"Maybe I wasn't supposed to say that," she says, checking with her rep, who assures her the information has already been released.

The "Interview with a Vampire" actress is a little shaky on the information at first, saying that Church would play Venom and Grace would take on Sandman, before reversing her claim when a journalist expresses disbelief. "It's the other way around. You're right," she concedes.

Dunst can be forgiven since she has yet to receive a script for the film that will begin shooting in January.

Topher Grace is unofficially Eddie Brock/Venom.
People familiar with Eddie Brock/Venom know that he is a large man and don’t know what to make of “skinny kid” Topher Grace playing the character.
In the “Ultimate Spider-Man” comic book, which is a sort of revision on Spider-Man, Eddie Brock is not a large guy but when he is Venom he becomes a large monster.

In the Ultimate Spider-Man books Eddie Brock is Peter Parker's childhood friend. There is no symbiote alien. Instead the suit is genetically engineered and was created by the fathers of Brock and Parker. Chances are that in the movie they will try to merge Sandman and Venom's origin so they won’t have to spend much of the movie's time on that. Probably the black suit and Sandman will both come from the same lab.

There is also an unconfirmed rumor that James Franco (Harry Osborn) will become the Hobgoblin in Spiderman 3.

Officialy he is not cast as the Hobgoblin but that seems to be what is happening.

www.superherohype.com
"Yeah, that's one of the most frequently asked questions that I get. The films are pretty loyal to the comics. It's the spirit of the comics. It's no secret that Harry does become the second Green Goblin, or Green Goblin 2, but I know that I've talked a little bit with Sam about the 3rd one already, and nothing obvious is gonna happen. I don't think, it's not like we're going to redo number one. There will be surprises."

According to freezedriedmovies.com Franco will be the Hobgoblin.

James Franco will play HOBGOBLIN and not the Green Goblin II (like in the comics). No more info can be given at this time, but I've confirmed this with various sources and apparently it's quite well known.

If it is true then I suspect that they will make the Hobgoblin a good guy to team up with Spider-Man against Venom and Sandman. There are just too many characters in this movie and Spider-Man can’t fight all of them in two hours.

The movie will be in theaters 5/4/07. I will post any more news I find on this thread.
Now that it is revealed that Spider-Man wears a black costume expect the news to be flooding in.

[edit on 6/5/2007 by Umbrax]

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Thanks for the Info **brax**Although the Spider-Man Movies seem to be doing the same thing that the Batman Ones did Over Saturating the Villains Batman 1 Joker
Batman 2 Penguin/Catwoman(Kinda the Anti villain/Hero)
Batman 3 Riddler/Two Face
Batman 4 Mr.Freeze/Poison Ivy/Bain

Spider-Man 1 Green Goblin
Spider-Man 2 Dr.Octopus
Spider-man 3 Venom/Sandman/Hobgoblin(?) I heard a Rumor a While Back About the Lizard (Curt Connors Made an Appearance in 2 (Played by William Macy)

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Batman really did turn bad. Real bad.
Villain saturation was one of the factors for sure. The villains became the stars of the movies. Buzz for the movies was about who will play the next video while no one cared about who should have been the star, Batman.

There are other factors as to why the old Batman franchise failed.
While Michael Keaton wasn’t born to play Batman he did star as Batman for the first two movies. Changing the actors here really lost any characterization built in the first films.
Tim Burton directed the first two movies. He set the feel and vision for the movies. Once he left so did his unique vision.
But you want to know what really killed the Batman movies?
Bat-Nipples!

And why didn’t Batgirl get nipples?

Spider-man won’t follow this path in my opinion.
If they keep Sam Raimi coming back along with the same cast they will make it work.
I really wonder if Spider-Man 3 will actually have all these villains.
They cut Cat-Woman from the second film because they thought they had to spend too much time introducing people.
We have to wonder why there has been no official announcement that Topher Grace is Venom. Maybe he will only be introduced in this film as Eddie Brock and by the end of the film he ends up with Spider-Man’s black costume.
Right now, officially, the only villain in this movie is Sandman.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Maybe he will only be introduced in this film as Eddie Brock and by the end of the film he ends up with Spider-Man’s black costume.
Right now, officially, the only villain in this movie is Sandman.

I was thinking something along those lines. That in this one Eddie Brock would introduced and the stage will be set as to why Brock hates spiderman/peter but never become Venom. Just that Spiderman gets the black costume during the events of Spiderman 3 and use to defeat Sandman and perhaps with a little help of the symbiote kill sandman or almost kill him.

Then him rejecting the symbiote and the creation of Venom will be handled in the fourth film.

Im alittle confused about Hobgoblin being Harry osborn since that never happened in the Comics (aside from the Ultimate series which isnt universe 616) he merely resurected his father role as Green goblin. I could understand changing somethings like the symbiote's back story to make it work in a film but why mess with Harry osborn like that when there is really no need.

I hope they dont decided to go with the Ultimate Harry Osborn having Norman make skin contact with his son, passing his abilities onto Harry :bnghd: Thats pretty lame IMHO plus would make little sense with the movie since he had the Green goblin formula in his house at the end of the second one.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I think they would make Harry Osborn the Hobgoblin instead of Green Goblin II to avoid what most movie goers would see as repetitiveness. In a film makers mind Spider-Man has already faced Green Goblin. They want to do something new instead of repeating the first movie.
But who knows how it will really pan out. Maybe Osborn after finding out what his father had really become will decide to stay away from using anything in his dad’s stash.
I remember reading somewhere that this will be James Franco’s last Spider-Man movie, so I guess if he is going to become a goblin he will have to do it in this movie.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I can see it, he comes in as Hobgoblin, who wants to kill Spiderman, but someone else wants to kill Spiderman, and HO will not let this happen, so the term "The Enemy of My Enemy is My Friend." Will come into play, where he helps Spiderman so he can be the one to kill Spiderman, but in the end gets killed somehow.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
That is a possibility DevinS.
Spider-Man 2 really didn't show Harry Osborn's reaction to finding the Green Goblin gear. He may see it as a means to kill Spider-Man or he may see that his father was evil and will forgive Peter/Spider-Man.

All we really have to go on for now is what James Franco said.
"I've talked a little bit with Sam about the 3rd one already, and nothing obvious is gonna happen. I don't think, it's not like we're going to redo number one. There will be surprises."

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I just figured I would post this video here.

media.putfile.com...

It isn't a real teaser, just a fan made thing.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The official website now has “official” wallpaper to download.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Eesb.net has an exclusive (quick) video interiew with Ted Raimi while he was at the "Masters of Horror 2" launch party.

Exclusive Video Interview: Ted Raimi on Spidey 3 and Empty City!

Ted Raimi, brother of Sam “Spiderman” Raimi, was on hand for the Masters of Horror 2 launch party. We asked him a few questions about Spiderman 3.

Click here to watch the clip.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The site opens with a flash intro that is made up of some simple animation over the black costume picture.

www.sonypictures.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Quite a lot of emotion here where Thomas Haden Church discusses his work experience with Director Sam Raimi.

movies.about.com...

You know Sam, despite all of the airs and graces of this being a hugely successful franchise and action movie and superhero movie, Sam is ultimately a brilliant actor’s director. I’ve described him in more than one interview as like Elia Kazan locked inside of Richard Donner. Even though I think Richard Donner is a great actor’s director, too... He’s just...he’s a very specific actor’s director. [Raimi’s] very specific when it comes to performances. He’s very specific and he pushes really hard, but it’s very rewarding.

I shot a scene in January that was a very emotional scene in the movie for my character. And I didn’t understand… We shot all the other coverage all day long, and I was actually starting to get kind of frustrated. I could feel it. I was starting to get a little irritable. And as they day progressed we broke for lunch and we hadn’t gotten any coverage on my side. I was like, ‘Well this is bulls**t man. I’m like working my a** off over here and Sam doesn’t seem to be in too big of a hurry.’

We continued building and building, and then we came back from lunch and we kept building and building. There was a lot of coverage, there was a lot of lighting changes because there’s a whole kind of thing where a window blows out and a storm blows in and there’s all these effects that had to be captured on camera. And I really felt myself becoming more and more physically aggressive. I kind of snapped at a couple of people – and I apologized. I felt myself becoming more emotionally aggressive. He then set two cameras on me and we went for a rehearsal. I slammed the stunt guy; I grabbed him and I slammed him really hard into the wall. Sam came over and goes, ‘You’re ready for your close-up.’ He knew exactly what he was doing. That just gave me goosebumps. He knew exactly what he was doing every step of the way all day long. I had like one rehearsal and he’s like, ‘You’re ready. We can get your close-up first,’ because he knew I was right there and that’s exactly how I had to be in the scene, which was, you know, super aggressive - almost homicidally aggressive."

Church continued. "He shot the close-up first and then he started backing the camera out and shooting the rest of the coverage. And really, I went up to him when we wrapped and I hugged him. I was like, ‘Wow, you taught me so much today that I really thought I knew, and I didn’t know.’

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
SuperHeroHype.com has a few set pics from Spider-Man 3.

Meanwhile over at AintItCool.com they have posted this pic, but it is suspected to be a fake.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Hey Brax I have heard they are actually Filming in Cleveland...Strange........

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yes they are filming in Cleveland as well as many other locations.

imbd: Filming Locations for Spider-man 3

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Meanwhile over at AintItCool.com they have posted this pic, but it is suspected to be a fake.

i49.photobucket.com...

This one is indeed a fake. It is actually a set photo from Spider-Man 2.
superh erohype.com

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
ComicBookMovie.com has a bunch of set photos from Spider-man 3

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Set Shots of Topher Grace.

www.countingdown.com...
EDDIE BROCK CONFIRMED ( PROOF )

Just came back from the city. They were filming at West 53rd street on 6th avenue of the americas. I was there from 11 AM to 3 PM.

They were shooting the same scenes over and over again. Director Sam Raimi was there, Topher Grace, and James Cromwell.
A miracle happened when the shooting ended and I saw right before my eyes, the director himself Sam Raimi. They were looking over what they filmed in that scene. After that he started walking around and talking to fans. I asked if it was okay if I walked over and said hello and the lady said it was okay. She was part of the crew. I started acting stupid and asked what character Topher is playing and she announced that it was indeed Eddie Brock and Sam Raimi was right there when she said it.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I've been constantly disappointed by these movies.
I think my problem has been expecting too much from the actors, because the ones they have used, i honestly believe are great actors.
This new one however, is based on my favourite of the Spidermen stories, plus the leads have said they won't do any more, so hopefully they will just go for it, take out as many things as they can.
I'm a little upset 'Kingpin' was used in that gawd awful DareDevil cause he is my fave adversary of Spidey.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   

More set images of "Eddie Brock" and "Gwen Stacy"

Both from www.flickr.com...

I'm a little upset 'Kingpin' was used in that gawd awful DareDevil cause he is my fave adversary of Spidey.

I hear ya, but Daredevil had to have KingPin. It would be like Superman with out Lex Luthor.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join