Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

What's with those women that wear curlers to the supermarket?

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Seriously. How many times do you go to the supermarket and see women wearing curlers? All the time. You don't see them wearing curlers anywhere else, just the supermarket. What's up with that? You don't see them at the movies or at the mall...just the damn supermarket.

What are they thinking? "Hmmmm...it's going to be a while before my hair is ready...I know! I'll get the grocery shopping done."

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
It must be where you live because I have never seen women in hair curlers at the supermarket. Heck I get dirty looks when I simply wear my sweatpants to the supermarket so I definatly think curlers would not be tolerated in my suburbanite town.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I saw a dude shopping in his pajamas once, and his hair was all messed up too. Women in curlers also.

Then again, that was when I lived in Arkansas. I haven't seen anything of the sort in St. Louis. Not as many inbreds I guess.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
What's wrong with pajamas while shopping? If they have pockets to hold your wallet who cares? And curlers, well, I don't understand women, some can spend a good hour getting ready, me? A shower, brush teeth and hair, get dressed, ready for work.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevinS
What's wrong with pajamas while shopping? If they have pockets to hold your wallet who cares? And curlers, well, I don't understand women, some can spend a good hour getting ready, me? A shower, brush teeth and hair, get dressed, ready for work.

I'm with you! I don't even notice if people have curlers! But I wear sweats to the store. It's because I don't give a crap what people think of me!

But to answer the original question, there are different 'grades' of public places. The supermarket, the laundry mat and the video store share the grade just above the drive-thru. Above that is a department store then the mall. The grade is propertional to the liklihood that you'll see someone you know there.

Since you're in a grocery store for a short amount of time, you probably won't see anyone you know, so it gets a lower grade, than, say the mall, where you'll be for a while, going in and out of different stores and will likely see someone you know.

The lower the grade, the sloppier you can be.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Heck, go a little south from where I live and you get into hunting country and there, well, they don't worry about shirts or shoes. Funny, with family buying supplies at a store and a guy walks in with no shirt or shoes and expect the store owner to throw him out, when she doesn't I asked her why.

"If a guy is willing to go topless he must have a body to show off so I don't mind."

Makes sense, and just shows how different stores have different dress codes. Places with deer urine for sale is "As long as you cover your dangly parts we don't care." while a mall is pants three sizes to big on guys and shirts three sizes to small on women.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
If this is your 'rant', I envy you
Only thing to worry about is women shopping in curlers

I've never seen anyone do it though
I can understand the looks they must get though! I went to the shops quickly on sunday straight after horse riding, Maybe it was me wearing jodhpurs, i just don't know but i got some damned wierd looks

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I went to ASDA in my slippers and pj's. I just put a big coat over me.
I have seen loadsa women shopping with Curlers in their hair.....

In the movies and the mall there may be someone you can impress but at a supermarket you buy your food..... in and out job. You buy for your family and you stroll outta the house and buy your kiddies some food or your starving Mr or both.

I see nothing wrong with it..... just shows you they are comfy in what they are wearing.... If it was the other way around you would RANT that a girl walked in the supermarket with a skirt up her bum and boobs everywhere!
well you might not....

Oni x x

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oni x x
If it was the other way around you would RANT that a girl walked in the supermarket with a skirt up her bum and boobs everywhere!
well you might not....

Oni x x

I would freak out if I saw a girl at the supermarket with boobs everywhere. Anymore than 2 means she is an alien.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
......You know what i mean....

Boobs spilling outta her top.... In your face kinda thing!

Gosh.....

Oni x x

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I knew what you meant, I was just being silly. Don't mind me, Im weird.

Seriously though, I never see women in curlers or any weird stuff at the grocery store. I feel left out.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   

If it was the other way around you would RANT that a girl walked in the supermarket with a skirt up her bum and boobs everywhere! well you might not....

I love the way the British talk. Seriously.

But back on subject. I live in Arizona and it appears that it is mostly Mexicans that are into this practice of wearing curlers to the supermarket. I'm not prejudice, just making an honest observation.

Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink. Say no more, say no more. A nod is as good as a wink to a blind man!

And now for something completely different, a woman wearing curlers AND her skirt up her bum.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
i have honestly never seen that. but i dont go grocerie shopping much either. i suppose that after you have kids and your husband doesnt think that you're super hot anymore, your looks go to hell. but ya know ppl look a lot better after you :w:

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oni x x

If it was the other way around you would RANT that a girl walked in the supermarket with a skirt up her bum and boobs everywhere!
well you might not....

Oni x x

Mmm, boobs everywhere, but really, on skinny girls you can fit what, 7, maybe 8 on em?

I don't get why people pick up on that comment but not my "pants 3 sizes to big on guys and shirts 3 sizes to small on women." Myabe I should have made a neon sign saysing boobs.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Awww. Excitable_Boy. i am as British as they come!!

Lol DevinS thats the way it has always been! annoying i know.

Oni x x

new topics

top topics

join