It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maine - mystery ground rumblings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
hmmmmmm. Not sure what to make of this.
Rather interesting. Not many folks know that
a MAJOR fault line runs under the Maine Coast,
around Boston, through NYC, and down to
S. Carolina. Perhaps it's 'waking up'??

www.seacoastonline.com...

Excerpt

Feb 25, 2006
Residents baffled by mystery tremors
By Associated Press
Complete Maine News Index

SKOWHEGAN, Maine - The Somerset County Communications Center
got calls Thursday morning from at least a dozen residents who
reported tremors in a 15-mile radius in Anson, Madison, Skowhegan
and Norridgewock.

But state officials said there weren’t any earthquakes that were
documented by the New England Seismic Network, which tracks
earthquake activity.

Somerset County Emergency Management Director Robert Higgins said he
wants a second look. People in Solon last week reported hearing an
unexplained loud explosion that shook homes, he said.

MORE at the site -
www.seacoastonline.com...

[edit on 2/27/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Maine also has a huge amount of frozen methane off the coast...
With warming oceans, this gas will melt and be released into various faults, and expand as it goes... up

Good luck with that... hope it was just a gaia hiccup...

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
well something weird is going on down in Florida today...all day today I've been feeling tremors my house has been shaking non-stop since this morning...strange I have no clue what it is

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Where in Florida? I live in Florida - it's a sand bar, nothing going on in my neck of the woods. You better make sure it's not just your house, could be sitting on a sink hole. Seriously!

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
nope I asked my buddy who lives around the same area in central florida and said he felt the same thing...house was shaking from some under dwelling rumblings, very strange

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Borderline, I want to say again, aren't we living on a sandbar? It's not like we have bedrock under us or fault lines.

To my knowledge the only thing in Florida that causes rumblings like this are sink holes forming. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. but I think it should be reported and watched very carefully.

Please keep us updated if it continues.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Yes Relentless you are right on there...Infact the city I'm in and surrounding cities around me have suffered from some massive sinkholes

I wouldn't doubt in 10 years time more or less if Florida was floating in the Atlantic like a more diverse Cuba

and no rumblings today but yesterday i could feel them something heavy... maybe it has something to do with our auqafurs?

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
the only thing in Florida that causes rumblings like this are sink holes

Or NASA launching and/or testing something ... or the AirForce
doing something ... ya' never know. Heck .. aren't the waters
off the panhandle a hotspot for UFO activities? hmmmm ...

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
well i found out what all those rumblings were about here in Florida...the military were testing missiles in the ocala national forest

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Relentless

I have no idea what is happening here in Northern Florida. We hear and feel rumbimgs every day of the week now. Today we heard what sounded like an explosion. There is nothing in the news EVER. The animals go crazy. The cabin shakes. No thunder or bad weather anywhere around and no military air craft that we can see or hear. I really with someone would explain this.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
There is another post on this site about rumbling in texas

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Yes the state of Maine does have some baby quakes every now and then I was born and raised there. But there are also alot of unexplainable rumblings that last for hours. Starting at about 10 pm and going on until about 3 am. My mom and I had to live with that for 12 years in Exeter Maine. There also is the sound of a train at night yet there is no trains around that area. So maybe underground??? One never knows but there are some pretty strange things that go on there.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
you guys obviously haven't heard of D.U.M.B.s have you?

sounds like they're in overdrive now.

only 4 more yrs of preparation in shielded "hardened" cities miles below the surface...
before the massive solar flares of 2013 when the world's electronic infrastructure is disabled.

weaving spiders come not here!
(but digging moles welcome!)

-

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
There is yet another thread on ATS posted within the last couple of days about Rumblings in Oklahoma

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
It is a bit strange the past week here it seems like there is a lot of grumbling going on in the earth. Sort of makes you wonder if the Mother earth has a belly ache.

top topics

join