It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burkha Burkha Jihad!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
This is totally politically incorrect and I just have to share it somewhere to get it out of my system.

As we were going to bed last night, my wife coined this term for what she imagines happens when women in Arab countries are forced to wear a head-to-toe covering in stifling heat.

The woman is trying to do her housework, raise kids, pay bills, etc. all day in that gettup.

Then the man comes home at the end of the day and says, "Geee. It's like a sauna in here."

Instead of "going postal," the American way,

The poor woman in her burkha goes off the deep end and grabs a knife from the kitchen drawer and goes nuts!

And they should call this heat + burkha-induced rage: "Burkha Burkha Jihad"

(note the play on the dialogue from the "Teen Force: World Police" movie.)

Anyway, I was laughing at that term as I fell asleep, and am still laughing this morning. Had to get it out of my system somehow. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

The poor woman in her burkha goes off the deep end and grabs a knife from the kitchen drawer and goes nuts!

Note: Women are more likely to attack with a knife. Not just poor Muslim women.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This idea is tied up with the old notion that women can be incredibly wrathful. The use of a knife in this forumulation is also interesting, as far as knifes are used for castration too. Perhaps thats a stretch though.

But the idea that women are powerfully wrathful beings that need to be controlled is an old one. Look at all the women gods in the really ancient forumulations of religion, they're destructive. Athena has her aegis that makes people tremble, ishtar crashes into the underworld, medusa turns men to stone, and ceres turns the entire world into a dark frigid winter when she doesn't get her way, and hera is the proto-typical calculating wife. In the Iliad, thetis if able to manipulate all the olympic god's out of their fear of her wrath, and the furies themselves are blood-drooling females.

So many of these things, like burkhas, while pretending to be 'in the best interests of women' are attempts to prevent that knife whipping wrath that you allude to in the above.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Burka Durka? OSEP DIRKA JIHAD DURKA!?!

now that was PI

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Its a pitty the resistance guy fighting to Taliban in Afgenastan got killled
He was trying to stop that

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Funny!

Politically incorrect, but funny.

Also factually incorrect, because women don't have to cover up everything when at home, just wear decent. If a non-family male guest comes over then they gotta cover up. Otherwise no, you're free to wear shorts if you want to.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Yes, I knew that; so does the wife.

The humor comes from the sort of "TV-sitcom" view of people in another culture.

My wife is of middle eastern origin, and has had women try to force her to say shahadah "so you can divorce that dhimmi husband" and put on a burkha.

So yes, the humor, while overdone, has a definite edge to it.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Durkha durkha durkha... Muhammad Jihaad.

Durkha! Durkha Durkha!

"See, there's three kinds of people: d****, p******, and a*******. P****** think everyone can get along, and d**** just want to f*** all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your a*******, Chuck. And all the a******* want us to s*** all over everything! So, p****** may get mad at d**** once in a while, because p****** get f***** by d****. But d**** also f*** a*******, Chuck. And if they didn't f*** the a*******, you know what you'd get? You'd get your d*** and your p**** all covered in s***! "

[edit on 7-3-2006 by American Mad Man]

top topics

join