It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britney Spears' greatness

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
I don't care what she looks like. The woman sings from her soul with a voice that you never forget.
Vienna Teng

I don't know this person, nor her music - BUT - it was SOOOO good to see what you said, about NOT being of the looks !!

NN

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by yavis
I'm 18 years old, and I was just going to ask you the same, so how old are you?

Almost old enough to be your daddy.

I think she'll be on MTV unplugged someday, even if it was to prove that she can sing!

The only thing that will be unplugged that day is everyone's TV.

Yavis, I don't blame you for your fascination. Young minds are more impressionable, afterall it's those same young minds that are the intended target of the marketing of Britney Spears. You're still buying into it and her, but eventually you'll grow out of it...........we all do, and if you don't then I wish you the best. If you want to like her for her ability to perform, that's great, but when you start defending the way she is leading her life and dragging the youth down with her, that's when you need a reality check. Open your eyes.

Peace

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Yavis, I dont care how much of a world star she is. Pop music constantly changes and because of that fact many pop stars, no matter how big they may be, fade away. Yes there have been a few exceptions, however I don't think Britney will be one of them. I already see that she has lost some of her appeal., and a lot of pre-teen fans from back when she started are now grown up and into different things.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The girl has made too many mistakes, her fanbase has been squashed.

You can't preach yourself as a virgin, then only to admit it was all a lie. Get married to a George Costanza, I mean Jason Alexander for what? 2 hours? Annulment, remarried to what looks like a Vanilla Ice cop off and than expect to be taken serious.

Shes not innocent enough to be innocent, shes not skanky enough to be a skank.

Cheer her on as a mother Yavis because its her last chance.

She has had a good run, take it for what it was and say good night.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   

1. Learn how to spell! It's B-R-I-T-N-E-Y, not Britany!

And if you don't have anything serious to say about all this than don't post your stupid, tasteless jokes here anymore, thank you.

So its B-r-i-t-n-e-y ? Well that was educational !

Are you telling me that she is "not that innocent" ?

Anyway seriously, How can you defend "britney" ? Are you just pulling my leg ?
Do you have any friends that also like her ?
Does she represent you, as in socio-economicaly ? A role model ?
Has being a fan of Britney been enlightening, entertaining ? Do you still like the her music even after you are 18 ?
Do you know that most people despise her? Do you think that this is uncalled for ?

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Yes, Anastacia has a strong voice, but she's not SO beautiful in my eyes, she looks more like a man (her face)... Bu her body looks great!
But why did you post that in this thread??

If shes a man then im a monkeys uncle.

hmmmm........ looking good Brit!

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I'm wondering if these people actually sell their souls to the devil for success. They have no talent and they arn't even beautiful. They were nobodies that knew nobody yet they rose to the top like rockets. In many cases they didn't even work very long learning their craft.

In the case of Britany, I have to say that she earned her place more than many, but what about madonna? Did she sell her soul to satan? you got to wonder.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Much of it is merely clever marketing. It really doesn't have much to do with talent or originality these days.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Miss Spears or is it Mrs. K-Fed was (WAS, as I believe her career has died.) just a creation. A Frankenstein birthed from a record company that is only interested in making money. If anything, I give her kudos for attempting to break out of the mould that was made for her. Alas, the best she could do was change her image, not having enough talent to take her music in other directions. The body grows up, but the mind is in stasis. She is of an age now where her music should be maturing. When one has limited talent and has relied on others for lyrical content and musical style, maturation or change will be nigh on impossible.

Originally posted by chissler
Johnny Cash sang the same damn songs from the beginning to end. Thats over 4 decades. These jokes of musicians can not stick to the same genre for more than a few years.

I have to disagree on this point chissler, Cash branched out in many ways. JC was one of the most versatile artists in the country music scene. His themes ran from gospel to raucous rockabilly tunes. In the 60's he covered Bob Dylan as well as a slew of old-time country artists.

By the mid to late 80's Cash's popularity waned. He couldn't get a record made in Nashville. He had to resort to playing in venues unfit for a man of such stature. I saw the Man in 1989 at a 'Retired Serviceman's League' club. There were perhaps 30 people in the room!

In the mid 90's Rick Rubin saved Cash and the 'American Recordings' were born. It is with these recordings that we see the real versatility of the Man.

While his 'Sun' years are defining and legendary, one cannot deny that taking songs by such artists as: Danzig, Soundgarden, Tom Petty, Neil Diamond, U2, Nick Cave, Nine Inch Nails, Simon & Garfunkel, Depeche Mode, Neil Young, Steve Earle, Bob Marley, Cat Stevens, etc... Showed that Cash could branch into nearly any style of music and make it his own.

To say that he sang the same songs for his entire career does Cash a great disservice. For without the 'American Recordings' would there have ever been a major motion picture made about him? A film that re-introduces JC to a whole new generation of fans, as his recordings with Rick Rubin did.

The only thing about Cash that remained unchanged was his style and image.

I apologise for taking this thread off course.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
i dont see much greatness from her

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Heard shes pregnant again, real genius.

Although shes getting rid of K-Fed it also said. Maybe their is hope for her.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
To be honest, though I don't really have anything against Britney whatsoever, but she has never seemed like anything more than a cardboard cut-out disposable pop singer to me.

What is it that makes her unique when compared to the other eleven hundred million 'pop princesses' who are girating all over our screens?

Granted, she has made it big, but I think it was mostly down to luck, and the fact that she was more-or-less the first of her kind. But nowadays there is nothing about her that stands out from the crowd.

Like the others have said, she barely writes her own music, is no Michael Jackson when it comes to dancing, and sadly, can barely hold a note during a performance.

And before I am attacked with the 'yes she can hold a note!' argument, I can say with much certainty that no, she can't. I have had the enourmous pleasure (
) of seeing Britney in concert on her last tour. She only sang one song with live vocals... and they were pretty horrific. To be honest I would've preferred if she lip-synched that one too!

[edit on 9-3-2006 by mothling]

[edit on 9-3-2006 by mothling]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join