It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britney Spears' greatness

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
What do you think about miss Spears?
What is it that makes her so famous all around the world?
Do you like her music, her performerances, her looks, etc ...

external image

external image

Mod Edit: Reduced image size

[edit on 2/28/2006 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
You're kidding with this thread.....right?

What would be more interesting to me would be to hear from you the reasons you find her so fascinating.

Peace

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I agree with Mr. Love. She is not all that. Its all a show.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Just another flavor of the week bubblegum, eventually it will lose it's taste and will be stuck to the underside of a public handrail.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
For me its that nasal whine that comes out whenever she opens that big gob of hers. Plus trailer trash ho's always are fasinatingly attractive, in a car crash sort of way. Actually no, can't stand her. Id even prefer Rosanne Barr before that

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Yeah shes so great... I especially like her parenting style. :shk:

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I thawt she already fell off the map?

stop reminding me of how much pop culture sux!

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Britney Spears

Probably THE most hideous person on the planet ! Her continued exsistence is an insult to all humanity.

As for why anybody would, even remotely, consider her to be good is beyond belief.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
You're kidding with this thread.....right?

What would be more interesting to me would be to hear from you the reasons you find her so fascinating.

Peace

No, I'm not kidding!
I wanna know why everybody seems to hate her. Well, not everybody cuz there are millions of people who love her. Bu you know what I mean...
Why I find her so fascinating? There are many reasons, let's just there's something about Britney!!

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
I agree with Mr. Love. She is not all that. Its all a show.

It's not becauze she's commercial that it's ALL show.
She loves what she does with hart and soul. She's been singing sinds she's been like 5 years old!

Originally posted by Jonna
Just another flavor of the week bubblegum, eventually it will lose it's taste and will be stuck to the underside of a public handrail.

I don't think so actually...

Originally posted by The Zodiac
Yeah shes so great... I especially like her parenting style. :shk:

Everybody makes mistakes, so don't judge her 2 soon.
And this was becauze of the paparazzi or something. I'm sure she had a good reason!

Originally posted by Lysergic
I thawt she already fell off the map?

No, actually not at all!

Originally posted by IAF101
Britney Spears

Probably THE most hideous person on the planet ! Her continued exsistence is an insult to all humanity.

As for why anybody would, even remotely, consider her to be good is beyond belief.

Why is her exsistence is an insult to all humanity ? Do you think YOU'RE better?
Well, I don't think so!

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
www.ebaumsworld.com...

Scroll to the last pic.

Is she still all that?

It's called makeup & wardrobe. You truly think she wakes up looking like the pic you posted?

NN

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoNik
www.ebaumsworld.com...

Scroll to the last pic.

Is she still all that?

It's called makeup & wardrobe. You truly think she wakes up looking like the pic you posted?

NN

Of course she doesn't look like that all the time, but hey WHO DOES?
They all need make-up and stuff..
And that pic is a little bit exaggerated, don't you think so?
It's not all about her looks, it's just about everything!

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The whole kissing Madonna thing.........was it supposed to do something for me? Was I supposed to be turned on.....because I wasn't. Was it supposed to show that she had attained true womanhood?
Was it supposed to show that she doesn't care what anybody thinks? That's a nice attitude to have when millions of impressionable young girls look up to you. So she's been singing since she was five! That's a long time to be singing and still not be able to carry a tune. I guess she thinks that maybe if she sluts herself up real nice that everyone will look past the fact that she sings like a mating yak.

If she wasn't a role model I wouldn't care, but she is so I do. I wish she'd just go away.

Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I guess she thinks that maybe if she sluts herself up real nice that everyone will look past the fact that she sings like a mating yak.

If she wasn't a role model I wouldn't care, but she is so I do. I wish she'd just go away.

You said it Dr Louve. You said it.

IAF

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
'Coz I'm fixin ta TESTIFY!

The whole problem with her is the image she holds aloft for the struggling millions of little girls and boys.

I don't blame her for her skanky ways. The trouble is, most of her fan-base is pre-teen. They want to imitate her. The problem is, she wears stuff so slutty that a normal woman couldn' dress that way in public without people assuming she was a streetwalker. Britnay can do it because she is surrounded by security guards. But now your niece wants to dress that way, too. And she don't have no security backin' her up.

The big problem with little girls today is that the majority of them have no self-esteem. The majority of them have either physically or emotionally absent fathers. And poptarts like Britnee are telegraphing that a girl's most important attribute it to get a man's attention---any man, at any price.

"The only thing that matters is how many guys want you."

Just like the raps songs "I made yer boyfriend look" and so forth.

The idea that a woman has no intrinsic worth, and can be measured by the man she's next to. Hell, pioneers on the American frontier thought better of women than THAT!

Just sad. And what is she teaching little boys? That you should expect a woman to start writhing in ecstacy any time you get near her. That any important woman will dress like a slut. That women only serve one purpose.

That's what's wrong with britney spears.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by yavis
I wanna know why everybody seems to hate her.

I don't hate her; she doesn't invoke enough emotion in me to care either way. There is a difference.

She's be on robo-dancing with the stars along with the rest of them twenty years from now.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
'Coz I'm fixin ta TESTIFY!

The whole problem with her is the image she holds aloft for the struggling millions of little girls and boys.

I don't blame her for her skanky ways. The trouble is, most of her fan-base is pre-teen. They want to imitate her. The problem is, she wears stuff so slutty that a normal woman couldn' dress that way in public without people assuming she was a streetwalker. Britnay can do it because she is surrounded by security guards. But now your niece wants to dress that way, too. And she don't have no security backin' her up.

The big problem with little girls today is that the majority of them have no self-esteem. The majority of them have either physically or emotionally absent fathers. And poptarts like Britnee are telegraphing that a girl's most important attribute it to get a man's attention---any man, at any price.

"The only thing that matters is how many guys want you."

I agree that she dresses a little risque and little girls look at her in awe and want to be like her, but at the end of the day if the little girls do carry out imitating her, you can't blame Britney, you can only blame the little girls parents.

It's like these kids who act out violently and their parents blame it on all the heavy metal music they have been listening to, it's just ridiculous. You can not blame the media because you messed up as a parent.

I do not hate Britney, I don't know her well enough to hate her. I just don't care for her music. Who hasn't been singing since they were five? Didn't you have choir and music classes since elementary school? Also I think she is an idiot for marrying Kevin, who basically had nothing, without a pre-nup. However, her love life really isn't any of my business.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
....you can't blame Britney, you can only blame the little girls parents.

I disagree and here's why. With celebrity comes responsibility whether that celebrity likes it or not. They have a responsibility to their fans that made them who they are. On top of that, when Britney Spears became a star she was still somewhat wholesome. She's metamorphosed into the trash that she is today after she had already become a celebrity. She thinks she's hot? Let me tell you, she couldn't be any farther from hot if she was on Pluto. To all the young men that think she's the epitome of 'sexy', I say you've been hoodwinked and I say you've been conditioned.

If you read these celeb mags, or what I like to call bathroom reading, you'll see that it's all about attention, especially between these young women. They're always trying to one-up the other. They do it by doing outrageous things and dating losers, and as a result young women see this and try to emulate. They think the world revolves around them and could care less of the consequences to their fans. It's irresponsible to say the least.

Dr Strangecraft put it very well IMO.

Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian

you can't blame Britney, you can only blame the little girls parents.

I know what you mean. I take responsibility for my own kids' behavior. On the other hand, I try to help the people I'm around become the best people they can be. It's why I do volunteer work.

I would feel horrible if tens of thousands of people thought I was dragging their kids down.

It's sort of like "schock jocks" cussing on the radio and then saying, "if you don't like it, don't let your kids listen." So, they can cover the airwaves with it with no moral responsibility, and I'm supposed to run around putting plugs in my kids ears, and covering their eyes while I drive so they won't read billboards with profanity on them.

How come raising kids is now seen as a private hobby, instead of something society has a vested interested in?

And if it IS a private hobby, how come everyone has to pay school taxes, regardless of whether their kids go to public school.

Sorry, getting off track. Oh yeah:

It's all BRITNEY'S fault!!!

(and that lazy KAY FED, too!)

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well,

I don't really know to much about celebrities and their personal life. It was news to me that Brittney had a baby.... Wow! I must live in a cave or something.

I do agree with the above posters... This young girl was a role model for millions of young girls. She changed her image into a slutty trailer park whore and probably confused the crap out of a buch of young girls. Girls who now strut their stuff and try to get the attention of as many boys as possible. Cause, you know... Brittney did.

In the end it is the parents job to make sure their kids know what is really going on with these celeb types. It's just difficult, due to the fact that this crap is thrust into peoples faces on a daily basis.

Well, except mine of course. I live in a cave and could care less what a person like Brittney does or doesn't do. But I probably will some day. When I have children of my own. Those poor bastards.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I completly understand your point, both of you (dr_strangecraft and dr love). However everyone has different opinions of what is right and wrong and clearly Britney's opinion differs from that of most parents. Yes parenting is a global responsibility to a certain extent, but when you see your child copying something you find inappropriate on television, it is your responsibility as a parent to explain to your child the difference between Hollywood and reality.

Dr Love, she started out being wholesome? Have you seen her first music video? That trashy little school girls outfit was ANYTHING but wholesome.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join