It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholic Church Encourages Kiwis to Boycott South Park, Record Ratings Result

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Curious... How do you justify preaching about profanity and then using it all in the same post?
[edit on 2-3-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

I never said I practiced "evvvvvvvvverything" I preach.

It's incredibly difficult to be pious.....virtuous it is.
.....and I'll never be the one "to cast the first stone".
I'm an angel with lots of devils.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
South Park seems like a show written for adolescents. I never did like it and I barely can understand what is being said most of the time. I think its main objective is shock value like Madonna would do or Don Rickles or Stern or that retard Tom Green. Sometimes there may be a message in there but I wouldn't be able to extract it.

You can barely understand it but you think it's for shock value?

That's exactly what the catholic church thinks. They don't understand the show and think we just enjoy blood and guts flying about.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
South Park can be appreciated on a number of levels, just like the old Scooby Doo cartoons. Children can watch and laugh at the stupid, simple jokes, and adults can watch and laugh at the biting social commentary and satire.

Just because one can't appreciate the depth of the show, doesn't mean the show is shallow.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Also, I couldn't understand what the kids were saying for a while, but my husband watched it and I just got used to their voices and now I understand them easily. It's like getting used to a foreign accent, it takes patience, but in my opinion, it's well worth it.

Sure South Park isn't for everyone... but what TV show is?

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
South Park is great, and it's subtle jokes are far better then the blatant jokes. Sorry, just because you are able to touch the bottom of the pool doesn't make it shallow, you could be a basket ball player or something.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join