It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candida overgrowth almost killed a coworker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Everyone has candida in their body, this is nothing to be alarmed about. It is a yeastlike fungus that is found in the mouth, skin, digestive system and vagina, and is normal flora to the human body.
The problem is when this fungus gets knocked out of balance.

Recently, one of our test pilots had a reason to take antibiotics. After taking these antibiotics, he became sick; losing weight, terribly lethargic, keeping what seemed like a cold, and becoming very depressed. He went to more than one doctor, and all the doctors claimed to not know what the problem was, but gave him more antibiotics. His condition did nothing but continually worsen to the point where he was seriously considering nibbling on the end of his handgun. As a last ditch effort he went to the internet to see if anything could be found that matched his worsening condition, and he found it - Candida.
Armed with this information, he went to a local herb and spice shop and told them about his plight. They suggested three months of a straight protein diet, no carbs at all, and something from Nutrition 2000. I am not writing this to endorse Nutrition 2000, I am only giving you the story asa I know it.
After staying with the prescribed regimen, the man completely recovered, no thanks to the doctors he visited, and paid to nearly kill him.

After taking a simple test that anyone can do at home, a couple other guys ta work, a couple avionics techs I know, found out that they are out of balance, too. One of the guys has been very sickly lately, and he is usually a very healthy young man. They are on the way to better health, too, thanks to the one man almost dying and finding out for himself what the medical establishment didn't tell him.
The balance your body tries to maintain WILL be knocked out of whack by antibiotics. Antibiotics kill all bacteria, both good and bad, so there is nothing in the body to keep Candida in check.
Otehr environmental hazards can also knock your body out of balance, such as the antibiotics in meats and the chlorine used in tap water to keep harmful bacteria from killing you when you drink it.

What are the symptoms?
Some symptoms are, depression, anxiety, recurring irritability, heartburn, indigestion,abnormal amount of flatulance, lethargy, extreme food and environmental allergies, acne, dry, flaky, itchy skin, jock itch, migraine headaches, recurring cystitis/vaginal infections, premenstrual tension, and menstrual problems.

What is the simple test you can take?
You can try this simple test to see if you have Candida: First thing in the morning, before you put ANYTHING in your mouth, get a clear glass. Fill with water and work up a bit of saliva, then spit it into the glass of water. Check the water every 15 minutes or so for up to one hour. If you have Candida, you will see strings (like legs) traveling down into the water from the saliva floating on the top, or “cloudy” saliva will sink to the bottom of the glass, or cloudy specks will seem to be suspended in the water. If there are no strings and the saliva is still floating after at least one hour, you probably don't have an issue with Candida .

Have I taken the test? Nope. I don't want to.
Okay, okay, I'll take it in a few days and will report back. Maybe you can do the same, huh?

Here is a link to Nutrition 2000, it also has good info on Candida. This is something we ALL need to know.
www.nutrition2000.com...

Good luck on the test, folks. And, if you have a problem with it and have to follow the herbalist's regimen, I hope you are a meat-lover and not a trail-mix-muncher!

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Good post TC. I struggled with candida for years before getting well. It was a nightmare. Sometimes I couldn't get out of bed for a week. The only thing I could eat for years was a little meat and lots of veggies, no carbs.
There were a few things that helped me alot and believe me I've tried probably every herb, etc. there is for this. Most effective is garlic oil. It comes in capsules you need capsules sthat are about 500 mg. They can be hard to find but you can order them over the net at Lhasa Karnak. Google it to get the URL. Puncture the capsule empty it into an enema bottle and take the enema. Start with about 2 or 3 thousand mg garlic oil. You will feel better after only a day or so. Keep taking them until you are well and then take maintenance dose of 1,000 several times a week. Also pure essential oil of grapefruit oil is helpful, but I have found garlic to work the best. You can also use it for athlete's foot and any other fungal skin thing topically. Excellent for jock itch. Truly, it's a miracle drug. It will work very powerfully for fungus and is good for the immune system. DON'T get the non-odor type, it's had the important ingredients removed.
Doctors are useless for candida. They won't even admit that it can become systemic or be a problem. But what the hell do they think a vaginal infection is? It's candida. Ladies if you put a clove of garlic or better yet, a capsule of garlic oil in your vagina, the infection will go away.
This garlic oil works better than any medication for it (which almost always contains antibiotics, a major cause of candida) and works faster than any protocal a doctor will give you.
THe cause of my candida was 2 fold: I had low thyroid and major depression. Once I went on meds for those, I was fine but still have to take garlic if I overdo it with say alcohol, sugar or too many refined carbs.

Good find, TC, thanks for posting, it can be very serious and lethal.
-Forestlady

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Good advice T.C. It also should be noted here that it can and does reside in the male penis. I had a freind who's wife kept getting yeast infections and had all the standard treatments. It was not before the doctor thought that perhaps it was him and sure as heck, they did some tests and he had it. It not only was his penis infected ( he was circumised ) it was in his loins. He found this out by the way it smelled. He said he had an itch in his loins and somehow his hand and fingers were brought to his face and the nose area and he said it was one hell of a funky, musky smell. So men should also be aware of this if their wifes cannot shake a normal yeast infection. Go and get it checked out.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Wow! I've been getting u2u's from people that are coming up positive with this test! Of course, the results vary as people are in varying stages of the imbalance.

No, I haven't taken the test, yet. When I wake up, the first thing I do before even thinking is to wander into the shower. As the hot water brings me to conciousness, I start singing and gargling and all, and plenty of water gets in my mouth. This would screw up the test.

One of these mornings I'll remember.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Wow! I've been getting u2u's from people that are coming up positive with this test! Of course, the results vary as people are in varying stages of the imbalance.

No, I haven't taken the test, yet. When I wake up, the first thing I do before even thinking is to wander into the shower. As the hot water brings me to conciousness, I start singing and gargling and all, and plenty of water gets in my mouth. This would screw up the test.

One of these mornings I'll remember.

Dunno about that I took the test even in the middle of the day and (not to be gross but...) the spit had streamers immediately, while my wife's only dispersed. I got a bit freaked out internally and ordered the threelac off ebay the same day. good price as I had just sold some stuff and had the cash in paypal

By the way forestchicky, you're freaking me out with all the things you say to "put in you". I know I am not that comfortable putting thing in me but of course I don't speak for everyone, prolly just 89% of guys in America in this matter only. The other like to put things inside of them I guess

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
candita isnt really anything to panic about unless your amune system is compromised lol wich mine is so I will share some first hand knowlege of dealing with it

if you do get a problem with it
1,take the medication your doctor gives you ("diflucan" for the internal) ("nizerol" for the external) are the typical meds
2, eat yogert with live cultures they eat candita
3, avoid yeast products and foods high in sugar for a while

you should be good to go in around a week.
really tho its nothing to panic over lol

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
started the threelac , oxygen elements, and active digestive enzyms. I am also taking flaxseed oil, a multivitamin and garlic pills. Hopefully the symptoms will go away. The site has symptoms listed that of which I have all common ones minus two, and of course the girl ones are out.

Let you know if it works...

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Going well on the threelac,O2 elements and digestive enzyms. My hinking is clearer and my (not to get rude or gross) gassiness is way down (to the relief of my wife...lol.). Not sure about the other stuff as I was having some issues with dandruff that seems to have been affected possitively (but I am also using tea tree oil shampoo and selsun blue). My skin feel more oily or what I'd call natural to my ethnic background. So I think it was worth it. I have not changed my diet as way the case with a great many others who had given commetns on various site trumetting the benefits. Meaning I am still eating candy and bread etc. I'd imagine that if I ate right I have even better success. Not sure of how long I should continue taking it, I am going to try three months and the last month eat right and start on an exercise regement. Give updates if you like.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The most effective treatment for any kind of fungus that I've found is oil of oregano. Oreganol is the brand I use. Fungus simply can't exist in it's presence. It also suppresses virus reproduction quite well, and inhibits bacteria without destroying the good ones.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
ACIDOPHILUS

Is a naturally ocurring in your digestive tract.

It is one of the things that makes yogurt effective in keeping candida at bay.

If you take antibiotics it is a good idea to take the acidophilus to replentish the natural gut balance, it also helps if you are on strong antibiotics and they give you 'the runs'--keeps your digestive system working properly.

They are relatively inexpensive and available at drug stores and health food stores so it is also easy to find.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Real yogurt. It's the best yeast eater you can find. A lot of people don't realize this side-effect of having to take a lot of antibiotics, that the yeasts growing in your body can start getting strong...but yogurt is good.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
About a month and change and no real noticeable change other than the wife happy about the gas issue

Maybe I'll just try eating more yogurt or something. I guess I am thinking clearer as posted earlier, but that may just be me reading more ATS

[edit on 22/3/06 by OneGodJesus]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

I just found out about it 2 weeks ago and the changes I have made are making me feel much better.

I have a strong feeling that this is affecting many 9/11 First Responders and these bastard doctors are playing dumb.

new topics

top topics

join