It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have I read too much?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I'd like to introduce myself to the forum, this is my first post. I started my reading with this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

After I started to read, I couldn't finish. I spent hours on hours reading the thread, and now my mind won't stop wondering. I'm begining to think I'm starting to read about something that I don't want to read about. I find this information both intresting and disturbing.

I am an agnostic open minded individual, and I have always believed in ETs.. I even used to fear them as a child. I would sleep with the lights on, and I would cover myself in my blankets in hope that it would stop the ETs from abducting me. I was in 6th grade then.

This may seem crazy, but I don't know if I should continue reading about the unknown.

:shrug:

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS! You're right, that thread is fascinating. Things that Sleeper said run through my mind over and over again also.

I wouldn't give up now if I were you. Stick around and see how it all turns out. Good luck on your journey.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
C'mon RedHatchBox! We're all in the pool here, the water's warm, even a little "Marco-Pollo" going on every now and then! We want to hear what you have to say. I'm new here too - welcome.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I had a similar reaction to that thread. I actually stopped halfway through it because my mind was going into overload -- couldn't take it. But I've decided, with a couple days of recovery, I'm going to pick it up again. If the same thing happens, I'll give myself another few days of rest, and so on. As long as you don't get too involved in all of it... Give your mind some time to digest, and like in real life, watch what you eat. Don't drink down poison, obviously, but you can't live solely on sweets either.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I know the same feeling. Every time I dig too deep on something, it'll spook me for a few days, weeks, or even months in a couple cases. If it helps any, I had the same thing you did at that age, only it was the dead for me. Some fear god, some fear satan.. Those of us who don't belive in or feel intimidated by either are frightened by our version of the unkown. So keep reading, it can't get worse then it already is.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Have You Read Too Much?...
I dont know....HAVE YOU???

You will know when you need to stop reading and just let the information process..mental exercise is good anyway...

Some of the stuff we HAVE heard and WILL CONTINIUE to hear on these boards ARE pretty damn spooky at times...but if there is any truth to it...then what difference is it gonna make if you are AWARE or not?....i mean..its happening whether you know it or not...right?...so you may as well seek to know as much as you can in your life span...thats my opinion...

im outta here...

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I know how you feel,
I'm getting pretty addicted to ATS forum for my own good.
At first I thought it was quite disturbing but now, it's not like that at all!
guess it's because I've been reading so much about aliens
But I still am very careful when I go to bed, I always look around the room if I hear something or feel like someones in my room ^_^;;;;

And I would rather know about them than not knowing at all.

top topics

join