It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is your son a computer hacker?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Someone posted this on another forum i was on like a year ago

So if I use AMD I am a hacker?

wtfevah

As an enlightened, modern parent, I try to be as involved as possible in the lives of my six children. I encourage them to join team sports. I attend their teen parties with them to ensure no drinking or alcohol is on the premises. I keep a fatherly eye on the CDs they listen to and the shows they watch, the company they keep and the books they read. You could say I'm a model parent. My children have never failed to make me proud, and I can say without the slightest embellishment that I have the finest family in the USA.
Two years ago, my wife Carol and I decided that our children's education would not be complete without some grounding in modern computers. To this end, we bought our children a brand new Compaq to learn with. The kids had a lot of fun using the handful of application programs we'd bought, such as Adobe's Photoshop and Microsoft Word, and my wife and I were pleased that our gift was received so well. Our son Peter was most entranced by the device, and became quite a pro at surfing the net. When Peter began to spend whole days on the machine, I became concerned, but Carol advised me to calm down, and that it was only a passing phase. I was content to bow to her experience as a mother, until our youngest daughter, Cindy, charged into the living room one night to blurt out: "Peter is a computer hacker!"

--- please provide link ---

[ATS Terms of Use ask you not to copy and paste material posted elsewhere on the Internet. In addition, this piece has long been known as a spoof and has caused parents to become seriously misinformed... ATS does not support misinformation.]

[Edited on 7-10-2003 by William]

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Gees...this is as bad as those REAL bad 'Public Awareness' adverts about marijuana...which demonised marijuana users, casting them as anti-social druggie rapist psycho-killer types...

"Young Jimmy uses marijuana...."

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   
wait omg

Otaku? haha thats like uber anime nerds

wtf?!

Has your son radically changed his appearance?

from the description sounds like your child might be into the rave scene...

God, why isnt there a law to make it so people like this can't breed?

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   
about 10 yrs of smoking and I have yet to harm anyone.

I haven't even been in a fist fight since 8th grade lol.

I'd be more concerned about the kid who has to go take pills every day at a certain hour.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I think they let them live so evolution will eventually knock them off the food chain.

and its Linux, not Lunix

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA, that is one of the funniest things I have seen in ages, surely it is a a spoof......

My favourite part was "They may also be used to break into people's stereos to steal their music, using the "mp3" program. " LMFAO

I can just imagine his children going to school in Waistcoats, bow ties and caps.......lol

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Its NOT a spoof, its from an old usenet board and has been heavily lampooned and reproduced in other forms, i assure you there are people this stupid living out there, and they are using the net which makes it a whole lot worse.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Here's an idea...

Make it a known fact, that at any time, you will go onto their computer and do random checks...

The computer and the internet are a priveledge....not a right. As such, they can be revoked at any time a parent deems fit, and the kids need to be aware of this...

A family is not a democracy....it is a totalitarian regime (but one that listens to all as a council of advisors)...whether they like it or not!

Sure, some people will scream about privacy, etc. Big deal. If they want privacy, I promise not to go in their journals, etc. The computer though, is a different story...as I can't sit over their shoulder every moment they are on. (Of course, another idea here is to put a computer with web access, in a rather public area of the home....)

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If that article institutes me being a hacker. Then Im a hacker. But i can only do simple stuff.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Its NOT a spoof, its from an old usenet board and has been heavily lampooned and reproduced in other forms, i assure you there are people this stupid living out there, and they are using the net which makes it a whole lot worse.

Now I'm scared........there should be rules in place to prevent people like this voting at the very least. Being a good father is one thing, being a 1920's gentleman who has lost touch of reality and has gained a case of "net paranoia" is going to disturb your children!

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
If that article institutes me being a hacker. Then Im a hacker. But i can only do simple stuff.

I really wouldn't go throwing that around, especially on ATS

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   
well...dammit...i have flash and an AMD, which makes me a hacker huh? Funny thought...because flash is a cartoon making program, and having an AMD doesn't make it easier to hack (It's just a processor) and it kinda sounds like the author is just advertising for AOL and INTEL....

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 05:35 PM
link   
ha if that person who wrote the article knew what you can do to phone systems...

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 05:38 PM
link   
"BSD, Lunix, Debian and Mandrake are all versions of an illegal hacker operation system, invented by a Soviet computer hacker named Linyos Torovoltos, before the Russians lost the Cold War. It is based on a program called "xenix", which was written by Microsoft for the US government.
Torovoltos is a notorious hacker, responsible for writing many hacker programs, such as "telnet", which is used by hackers to connect to machines on the internet without using a telephone.

If you see the word "LILO" during your windows startup (just after you turn the machine on), your son has installed lunix. In order to get rid of it, you will have to send your computer back to the manufacturer, and have them fit a new hard drive. Lunix is extremely dangerous software, and cannot be removed without destroying part of your hard disk surface. "

Illegal Hacker software...i was certain that was a legitament OS....HMM...maybe he is trying to front for Microsoft....

Telnet? thats built into windows now....is this guy on crack or something

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   
What we are on now was brought to us by Hackers. The internet. It was first just a military communications and a hacker made it available to us.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   
TRUE THAT HOMES!!!

Thank god for the hackers

But, if i do recall....it was Al Gore who invented the internet....

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   
lmfao

i do everything on that list YES IM A GAMER!!

you need powerfull hardware for new games and you CANT play good multiplayer games with aol= GAY O L

now stupid parents out there,
if your son or duater had gotten u to change there ISP 4 times then yes this can be a sighn of being a "hacker"

and all ISPS are striked on hacking so it dosnt matter if they have aol or not

but then again he/she might just be trying to get the best pinging ISP better ping = butter gaming experince 56k just dose NOT cut it for games now adays

there are hacker programs out there, do a search on google for the programs names

and all ISPS are striked on hacking so it dosnt matter if they have AOL or not

now, gamers can also be hackers i almost went this way but i stoped before i did anything stupid

but that was also a good experince becouse it toute me alot about computers and how to protected myself from hackers

[Edited on 6-10-2003 by Dmsoldier]

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'll go through it:

1) AMD is not illegal. I have that. You can get it from any computer store. ...and your processor has no real affect on hacking other than going faster.

2) It is spelled Linix. Linix is not just an OS, it is also used for servers (For big business as well as small).

3) Just because an OS is not Microsoft, doesn't mean it is illegal. Microsoft has not monopolizing OSes yet.

4) Hacker manuals... Those are known as Computer Security manuals, the manuals for your OS, and so forth. The way a hacker works is by knowing how stuff works so they could even go into the help files and learn much.

5) Electromagnetic radiation from your computer... If that is hurting his grades, he wouldn't be hacking. Math is very much needed for hacking. If he is getting stupid from that, he wouldn't be hacking...

6) Change of appearance and lock down your weapons... So called "gang style" clothing and glow sticks may just be his style. I wear baggy pants. That doesn't make me a hacker. Clothes don't matter. That mostly sounds like he is a ganster instead of hacker. ...it seems the kid is stupid and wanting the weapons. Hackers don't kill people (well, until they catch computers on fire from viruses
).

7) We had the perfect American family. HA!!!!! Right, I bet you did. Maybe he was thinking, perfect military family. "We don't believe in fun." Sad....

8) "If we don't use it, it is illegal!" That's at least what he is sounding like. "That car is from a third world country! Illegal!"

9) The guy's research on stuff is poor. I don't think third world countries would be making purely clean computer parts in sweat shops using child labor. I don't think they would be using a laser...

There's more but I'm going to stop. FUNNY SON OF A B**** HE IS!

...hey hackers. Let's find out who he is and hack 'em! We will use a firewall to get into his computer! Then we can give him illegal programs such as yahoo messenger since it is not microsoft....

I hope you people realize I was not serious about that last paragraph...

|\|00B

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I'm gonna go ahead and say this is fake, based on the fact that it is written from the perspective of the father of the Brady Bunch.

And also that it is way to stupid to be taken seriously by anyone, even thrice imbred crackheads.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Lies, Lies!! All lies!! I can be a hacker without changing my clothes and hair!! Erm... I mean uh, I didn't change ISPs......

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join