It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egypt ~ Link with Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2002 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Ancient Egypt ~ Link with Australia

An Article by Paul White - 1996
After 5,000 years Australia's Amazing Hieroglyphs still struggle for recognition !

Egyptian hieroglyphs found in New South Wales:

The hieroglyphs tell the tale of early Egyptian explorers, injured and stranded, in ancient Australia. The discovery centres around a most unusual set of rock carvings found in the National Park forest of the Hunter Valley, 100 km north of Sydney.

The enigmatic carvings have been part of the local folklore of the area for nearly a century with reports of people who sighted them as far back as the early 1900's.

The site was secretly visited by families "in the know" in the 1950's and fell back into local mythology for a couple of decades until it was accidentally rediscovered by a man looking for his lost dog.

The carvings are in a rock cleft, a large block of split sandstone on a cliff-face that has created a small chasm or "chamber" of two flat stone walls facing each other that widens out from two to four metres and is covered in by a huge flat rock as a "roof" at the narrow end.

The cleft is most cave-like and only accessible by a small rock chute from above or below, well disguised from the average bush-walker.

When you first come up the rock chute and climb into the stone hallway you are immediately confronted by a number of worn carvings that are obviously ancient Egyptian symbols. These are certainly not your average Aboriginal animal carvings, but something clearly alien in the Australian bush setting.

There are at least 250 hieroglyphs.

At the end of the chamber, protected by the remaining section of stone roof, is a remarkable third-life sized carving of the ancient Egyptian god "Anubis", the Judge of the Dead !

posted on Oct, 21 2002 @ 10:20 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2002 @ 10:22 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2002 @ 10:24 PM
link   

members.ozemail.com.au...

personalwebs.myriad.net...

[Edited on 22-10-2002 by quaneeri]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
has the site been authenticated... is this a hoax?

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I thought so to... I have this link in my Antarctica thread, just to make a connection with Australia... and I've been checking on and off, and so far I haven't found anything to discredit the findings.

Pretty cool, huh?

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Hello and greetings jameo131i...
I have not looked or studied up on this topic, but perhaps this will help if you are interested?
After 5,000 years Australia's Amazing Hieroglyphs still struggle for recognition

seekerof

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Whoa, lol... thanx... VERY cool!

new topics

top topics

join