It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is "Life on Mars" being Whitewashed?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Greetings Fellow Believers,

Let me weave you a web of conspiracies, deceits, betrayals, and greed to wet your appetite this evening.

It has been known since the 1970s that there is life on Mars--courtesy of the efforts of Arthur C. Clarke when he worked for NASA on the first Viking missions to Mars. Present data shows Methane on Mars. The only way this could occur is if some sort of life-process is occuring on the surface of Mars.
This being said--why do you suspect that this knowledge is being whitewashed?

To begin with, our planet is undergoing the most substantial social evolution yet concieved. We are all growing closer together whether we like it or not. There also will be a world war in our near future. Suppose that political and financial efforts turn towards a manned mission to Mars? The great unseen puppet masters among us would not be to keen to have Human eyes turn elsewhere. "They" want us to squabble over limited resources and pathetic tribal gods--instead of unifying the entire planet and going to Mars.

Secondly, Mars could be the proving-ground for Black Ops investigations. Rovers at this very moment could be crawling around Cydonia and observing the ruins.

Also, imagine the cultural-shock that would happen if full disclosure of a previous civilization existed on Mars? Human ego can be a very fragile thing. And for those of you who believe that our species blossomed on Mars before evacuating the planet in favor of Earth?

Who would want to wager that there are human remains in Cydonia? Wouldn't that be a mind-blower?

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I've never heard about "black ops on Mars", but I can think of several reasons why this isn't practical. If they want to train in a Mars-like environment, just go to Chile, Argentina, or some other similarly dry, cold place on Earth. Way cheaper than the real thing.

On the other hand, if the "black ops" people really can travel freely between the planets, perhaps they would prefer the moons of Jupiter and Saturn for their training. Lot's of diversity in those systems. If money is no object, then that's the way to go!

Furthermore, since we all agree the Guv-ment controls all the Aliens' space-time machine(s), why couldn't the "black ops"-ers just go back/forward in time here on Earth to train in whatever environment is required by their current mission?

Bottom Line: Mars is not the Bottom Line.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   

It has been known since the 1970s that there is life on Mars--courtesy of the efforts of Arthur C. Clarke when he worked for NASA on the first Viking missions to Mars. Present data shows Methane on Mars. The only way this could occur is if some sort of life-process is occuring on the surface of Mars.
This being said--why do you suspect that this knowledge is being whitewashed?

You know, this thread is a great deal similiar to the one you started in Science&Technology, and alot was explained by very informative people like CMDRkeenkid...

Arthur C. Clarke did'nt "work" for NASA, this was explained in your last thread.
As I said before, Methane CAN be created througn natural NON-BIOLOGICAL occurences/events.

There is no government cover-up, there are no ruins of cities on Mars, there is no special-OPS team on Mars, Humans, atleast this incarnation, have NOT set foot on Mars yet.

However, you will most likely get more..sympathetic members posted here...

To begin with, our planet is undergoing the most substantial social evolution yet concieved.

Well, I'll given you that partialy, true we our going through a social evolution, but really we are all the time, yes there is more social strife anymore, but thats just because things advance, it's natural.

There also will be a world war in our near future. Suppose that political and financial efforts turn towards a manned mission to Mars? The great unseen puppet masters among us would not be to keen to have Human eyes turn elsewhere. "They" want us to squabble over limited resources and pathetic tribal gods--instead of unifying the entire planet and going to Mars.

Unfortunately, there may be another World War in the near future, so you are sorta right there.

Financial support to send a manned mission to Mar's is not alot, simply because there's not enough incentive, and the technology still needs to be developed.

Again, there is no grand conspiracy to keep us from going to Mar's, the reason we have'nt, and if there had been more support in the 70's we may well have, is because there is, as I said above, not enough incentive to develop things faster.

perhaps they would prefer the moons of Jupiter and Saturn for their training.

Double Helix, I'll definately have more patience with you.

Even if they could travel there, it would be impossible, unless they built a base there.
And some of them they could'nt.

EDIT:
Fixed spelling.

[edit on 2/27/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Mars may have been a second home long long ago, and the pictures may be doctored to show red skys and not blue, and the gov may train people there and have space bases ect ect ect.

Till we go there we will never know - As for human remains that would be mind blowing - It would solve a few of our ancient astronaut problems from way back in time.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I think after the cold war the 'man' mission to mars was put on the back foot??
not for any specific reason but maybe, just to mellow in the sucess of the moon mission (if true or not) plus the fact that the cold war was over, or so it seemed.

But maybe the USA didn't see Russia or any other country getting to mars first, and thought there was no need for pushing through major technological advancements to get there. If we cast our eye back to the 2 world wars we will know from those periods, technology in general took a mamoth leap forward.
The USA had to send the probe 'Viking' to Mars in the 70's to show there dominance throughout the world, and again during the cold war, and now AGAIN since invading Iraq. I feel that these are all linked, in some way or another, Vietnam is another one that they were send to space.

I myself believe that you won't find any remains on Mars, due to the age of the planet since 'dying' I would be very surprised however if we are the only civilisation in the universe, wheither we came from mars??
I don't know I came from Scotland.

Chewy

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I believe Mars probably has a vast diversity of life NOW. I believe many of the planets in our solar system, and beyond, harbor life of some sort.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by idbltrl001
I believe Mars probably has a vast diversity of life NOW. I believe many of the planets in our solar system, and beyond, harbor life of some sort.

why would you think that? none of the mars pictures released by nasa show evidence of life forms (aliens or plants). arieal views of mars show a barren, empty landscape. the pictures that do have what looks like plants and weird shapes... can be made very easily in photoshop.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Well Chewey, you are right in that space probes have a very large socio-political impact. They demostrate scientific superiority and accuracy. They show that "we control the skies over which you live".

However, it's very difficult to make probes land for specific events - since the planning and sending of a probe like the Mars Lander, Global Surveyor, Spirit Rover, etc, etc, take a LONG time to plan, and a long time to send. The whole mess takes about a decade MINIMUM.

Now, the Cold War lasted a VERY long time, and so many things could be planned to occur during this war. However, Iraq wasn't an issue until Sept. 11th, 2001 (or, if you're a conspiracist, the day Pres. Bush got into the Whitehouse). Since the Iraq invasion took place before Pres. Bush's second chance at office, we can dismiss the Spirit Rover's landings as just happening to fall around the time-period of the war. The Rover still would've gone to Mars regardless of whether a war in Iraq occured or not - since it had been on the drawing boards, production scale, and planning before Pres. Bush ever got into the oval office.

So yeah, summary:

-(successful) probe missions demonstrate superiority overseas, as well as internally
-the current Mars probes are not on their way because of the war in Iraq, nor were meant to be a convenient cover - Spirit (partly due to the name) was simply exploited as such

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
There is almost certainly "life" on Mars now, we took it there, the probes that landed on Marsin the last few years/decades are certain to contain earthly bacteria

Just last month, scientists reported in the journal Science the discovery of bacteria and fungi deep below the ice, in the rocks and soil, of Antarctica. For astrobiologists, Salyers said, this discovery heightens speculation that microbial life could dwell on or under a similar landscape on Mars or in the ice-covered seas of Europa and Ganymede, two of Jupiter's moons. Interestingly, while the early Viking and Mariner space probes were gathering data from Mars in the 1970s, scientists on Earth were discovering bacteria and the Archaea living and thriving in deep-ocean vents and other harshly cold and hot environments, she said.

Could it be, she asked, that previous probes to Mars -- Viking, Mariner and, more recently, the failed Mars Polar Lander -- carried Earth bacteria that survived the cold vacuum and intense radiation exposure of space? "Many microbes are not as fragile as we long thought," she said.

Source

Interesting and funny to say the least...

niv

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I'm not sold either way on Mars but I did want to throw in one piece of possible evidence: the fossil found on Earth believed to be from Mars that contained strange features argued by some scientists to be evidence of life. Book about fossil

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by stuffofnightmares

Originally posted by idbltrl001

why would you think that? none of the mars pictures released by nasa show evidence of life forms (aliens or plants). arieal views of mars show a barren, empty landscape. the pictures that do have what looks like plants and weird shapes... can be made very easily in photoshop.

Because NASA stands for Never A Straight Answer. They are one of the biggest components of disinformation ever.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
We need to know the truth about Mars, it will benefit all of humanity. Just saw a 3d radar image of a mountain on mars that looked like a shoebox partially covered in sand with nothing nearby it. What kind of mountain is that?

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Got a link to the piccie you mentioned of the shoe box shaped mountain?

As for mars, I actually do believe that the pictures show a planet that is in the process of recovery and not in its death throws as NASA claim. Why do I say that? the methane in the air, the water on the surface, and the blue sky in one of the piccies released before nasa got to the colour correction software.

Mars is a riddle and we need the answers sooner rather than later. I just wish we could believe what our goverments and their organisations tell us, but we can't.

Sorry I forgot the link to my water pics on mars. Here you go

mmmgroup.altervista.org...

[edit on 1-3-2006 by MadGreebo]

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
denythestatusquo can you provide a link to that 3d image. would like to see for myself!

'hey madgreebo' great minds, must have posted simultaneously..Spooky...

[edit on 1/3/06 by mojo4sale]

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Now that is freaky...

The pic link I just posted has an amazing set of pics that look like trees and surface water. We can never know till we get there, but I hope to see it in my life time.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
cool pics, why havent they been plastered across media outlets when taken. did nasa offer reasonable explanations for these.
first set certainly have the appearance of trees, but 1km wide! hard to get my head around that.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The pics have been in alternate media, but the main stream just gets the giggle factor out when mars is mentioned. The water on the durface and the 1km trees actually look to me like a planet recovering from a disaster not a dying planet.

The trees can be 1km across, and it would make sense because of low gravity and the need to get as much light and water as possible.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I really cannot grasp how there hasent been more attention to these photos...I have never seen rock formations that looked like trees and roots. I don't know about you guys. Although, I can guarantee that is what NASA would tell us.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
*Sigh*

This thrread is much like the one the origonal poster made in Space Exploration, this one should really be closed, and further discussion done here.

There is no life, albeit some possible subSurface microbes, on Mars, complex life simply can not survive on Mars, there's next to no atmosphere, it has no natural Electro-Magnetic field, which is why it has next to no atmosphere.

Mars simply can not support life higher than that of microbes.

EDIT:
Fixed spelling.

[edit on 3/1/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
*Sigh*

There is no life, albeit some possible subSurface microbes, on Mars, complex life simply can not survive on Mars, there's next to no atmosphere, it has no natural Electro-Magnetic field, which is why it has next to no atmosphere.

Mars simply can not support life higher than that of microbes.

[edit on 3/1/2006 by iori_komei]

Put your money where your mouth is. No, forget money. Just PROVE it.

PROVE IT. Take us to Mars. Show us first hand that there is no atmosphere. You have no idea what you're talking about. You could be just as far off from the truth as you think the original poster is. You have absolutely no proof to support your claims. You are wrong. And if you're not. PROVE IT.

Earth Science has nothing to do with Mars, or any other planet for that matter.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join