It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats the best pc RPG ever!?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Warcraft, at least Warcraft II, III, and The Frozen Throne are in the real-time strategy genre. Anyways, as for RPGs, the one that's been most 'addicting' for me is World of Warcraft, if you consider that an RPG. Towards the end of the time that I spent playing it, I didn't even think it was fun, I just played it because I was mentally addicted to it; Blizzard seems to have a knack for that.

I don't really know the best computer RPG ever, because though I'm pretty much a hardcore RPG player, my RPG-playing has been focused mainly on PS/PS2 consoles.

Also, what is this Fallout 2; I can't even say I've heard of it before.

[edit on 28-4-2006 by Omniscient]

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The secret of mana on the SNES!

A four player adventure that has never been beaten on any console or PC.... It was pure undiluted pleasure from start to finish...

Me and my two brothers had this four way adapter for the joypads, and spent hours upon hours playing after school... These days its all shiny and no substance...then it was style AND substance..

secret of Mana , 1 - Every other RPG ever , 0.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Imma Addicted too EverCrack, Also known as Everquest.........

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadGreebo
The secret of mana on the SNES!
secret of Mana , 1 - Every other RPG ever , 0.

Are these the prequels to the playstation title, Legend of Mana.

That game is old compared to many Playstation games, and has somewhat subpar graphics even for a PS game, but man that was an addicting game. I never bought it, even though I rented it like 5 times. A shame too, because now I can't find anywhere to buy it at. Same with Guardian's Crusade.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Pretty hard to say.
But i think..
Vampire the masquarade: Bloodlines
Man i used to play that ALOT! Great game! Really really addicting

But also,
The new Elder scrolls: Oblivion is also a friggin AWESOME game!
I just bought it 4 days ago, and i'm really addicted, man.
The graphics are awesome.
But World Of Warcraft is also, one of the greatest games in the world (thats atleast my opinion)
So, Vampire the masquarade: Bloodlines and Redemption
The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
World of warcraft
One of the best games ever!

- MB

[edit on 28-4-2006 by meridian_blood_29387423]

[edit on 28-4-2006 by meridian_blood_29387423]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Diabo II is the best.
I actually don't like RPG game,but this game is excepted.
Nice graphic and nice game play.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Oblivion sucked. As you leveled the world leveled, so basically, you could completed the game within 2 hours if you wanted to. I know that's not the point, but if the developers want to 'cheat' that way in an attempt to create an near 'open-ended' world, then so be it!

In all honesty, yet to find a RPG on the PC i've liked, was looking through this thread for ideas, hehe. Diablo2 is ok but like someone said more of a hash and slash adventure game.

I'm currently playing NWN that seems ok

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I think Final Fantsy 7,8 and 10 are killer RPG's. I spent 208 hours on FF10 alone. FF9 and X-2 just sucked. I'm currently enjoying Morrowind.

Cheers

Chrono Trigger Also rocked

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I loved Morrowind, but I have to say I am not very impressed with Oblivion. I was designed for the console and then ported to the PC so there is less content. I was also made for a younger audience and/or shorter attention spans so there is more hand holding and less having to figure things out on your own. Way more depth in Morrowind and the setting was more original, not your standard cut and paste fantasy setting.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
fallout and fallout II hands down

Absolutely (part 2)

Fallout 2 was the game that lost me my first girlfriend.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I haven't played many RPGs but I did have a lot of fun playing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
What about Dungeon Siege 2?!? there is more items in that game in any other,... and alway randomly generated. Also,... once you beat it the first time you come back with an extra character slot and one more the next time thorugh,... however the game get about ten time harder the next time through. Hey no biggy, cause newer more powerful items randomly generate. Oh,... and if it counts as an RPG/FPS I would then change my answer to BattleField 2

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omniscient
Also, what is this Fallout 2; I can't even say I've heard of it before.

[edit on 28-4-2006 by Omniscient]

!?! Fallout and it's sequel were some of the best, original stories ever. Almost as good as Baldur's Gate 2.

en.wikipedia.org...(computer_game)

Lemme guess, you also have never heard of Darklands as well?

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I'm going to have to agree with the majority: Fallout 1 and 2. You can't find a set of more perfect games than those two. If you can find copies of either game, grab 'em up - they are worth every penny.

These games are not orc/dragon/troll/dwarf/wizard RPGs. I daresay that they are the most realistic RPGs around - well, that's if reality were a post-nuclear wasteland and mutants were roaming around. :-D

[edit on 6-6-2006 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Ultima VII The Black Gate and Ultima VII Serpent Isle hands down have to be the best RPG's ever devised.

If you factor in the relative limitations of the computers of the day (Try playing them on a 75 mhz classic Pentium when anybody with 64MB of system memory was a "power" user and it makes them all the more impressive. Its too bad that Origin systems was bought out. THey created some of the most tech advanced games of thier day. They pushed the edge of gaming with each and every title

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join