It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

chakra balancing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Chakra Balancing

by Gayle Kirk

It is the discovery andappreciation of our Higher Self and finding the God within us that isthe ultimate goal of the journey through the chakras.

The goal of this text on chakrasis to help you understand:

1.) What are chakras, why are they important, and how dothey support our bodies?

2.) Where are the 7 main chakras and what are theirrelated life issues?

3.) What are energy blockages or energy imbalances inthe chakras?

4.) Why do we want to identify and remove energyblocks/imbalances and balance our chakras?

5.) What are some ways you can balance your chakras andyour clients' chakras?

6.) What is meant by the "kundalini rising"?
www.gaylekirk.com...

mod edit to use "ex" instead of cut/paste
Quote Reference.
Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ**

[edit on 27-2-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Thanks for the post. Very good read.
AAC

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
You probably shouldn't have quoted the entire article and made an entire post out of it. Mods don't tend to like that. Plus, couldn't you just have linked to it?

Chakra Balancing

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine

Plus I just don't like her site.

All Private Readings cost $95 for a Wonderful 30 Minute Reading OR $145 for a Superb 45 Minute Reading.

Wow... what an amazing deal
. Don't be paying psychics, there are lots of people out there willing to give you the same for free. I tend to not trust anybody selling information anyway. Although I understand it's how she makes a living blah blah blah.

And the $145 deal is actually a slightly worse deal than the 30 minute one. You think you'd at least get a discount or something. Trust me, no psychic's advice is worth $3/minute.

[edit on 26-2-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I didn't check out the site, though I agree with best things being free. AAC

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
well for what it is worth, I thought it was a good read for those of us who are learning about the chakra system.

I have never personally heard of the woman before- the entire post was from another message board that I belong too- just a quick cut and paste job...
I thought the information helpful

I put it here with good intention and honestly shouldn't feel that I have to explain myself ...
sigh.
Good night.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Don't get to hooked up on chakra's. There is more then one system, study the tree of life with kaballah for excample and you'll learn there are more "main" chakra's. Do the Freemasonry and you can get upto 33. The new-age movement also says to have moved into the aquarius age so they claim to have moved from 7 chakra's to 13.

It all comes down to this. The main chakra's each system uses is nothing. It is only a means to focus onto a specific area and a psychological aid. The only thing someone should consider is that the entire body is made up from energy with thousands if not millions chakra's flowing all over the place. Why do people focus on the few big chakra's and why do you never hear anybody about the smaller (sub)-chakra's? The body is ONE big energy field so learn to use that instead of focusing on each chakra. Cleanse your body as a whole instead of chakra for chakra.

Personally I don't like articles and texts like the one in the main post because they are copies. Most people can't think for themselves, think they re-invented the wheel and write a book about it. Buy 2-3 books about Western Reiki, Yoga, new-age bull and such and you'll read excactely the same in each book cept for different wordings.

Some links:
Planets unite elements in the chakra's
Greek kaballah. Rosicrucian library
Chakra's and the Tree of Life
Chakra's and the Sephiroth

The kaballah/tree of Life version

The standard 7 chakra' system

The 2 snakes coiling around the staff are the nadis/energy centers. where they meet is where the chakra's lay. the staff is the backbone. also uses often as symbol in medicine.

the 13 chakra system

[edit on 27-2-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Wow. now that is a different view point for sure. I like the caudeus diagram especially- the vulcan bit interests me particularly. Never would have assigned that bird to the double helix caudeus. So may I ask...you didnt buy two or three new age 'bull' books, but rather learned your viewpoint and opinions from studying someone elses system ?( the Western Mystery Tradition/Freemasonry)
Doesnt seem much different, In my own opinion.

You wrote:
"The body is ONE big energy field so learn to use that instead of focusing on each chakra. Cleanse your body as a whole instead of chakra for chakra."

and it makes a heck of a lot of sense! Did you percieve this yourself?

Great diagrams!
MMMarie

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I've studied many directions of life, both in book form as well as personal experience. So yes I've read books from the new-age/esoteric scene before I started my study of the occult. New age is just a bastard child from occultism, butchered by the many followers. I do read and do research about something before forming an opinion such as saying it is Bull.

Still what you read is just knowledge and nothing more. By putting it into experience and practice..that is when knowledge becomes wisdom.

That is how I go about most aspects that I want to learn more about. Read up on theory and experiment to see how it is in real practicality. So yes I percieved all myself sooner or later, but I also got a theoretical basis which brought me to where I am.

The Calduceus is the name of Hermes Trismegistus his staff. Long Alchemical story, but it symbolizes a lot. Such as the duality of man/female and night/day. The energy paths called Nadis (Adi and Pingala) in Tantrism/Hinduism. When the kundalini at the bottom wakes up it'll move up the spine burning open all chakra's untill it reaches the top and causes "enlightentment", a moment of all knowing and bliss. That's why the birds stand at the top of the staff and carry a golden crown which symbolizes enlightentment and being in touch with the god within ourselves. Gnostic Mystica

Kaballah has other symbolism because it works with the Tree of Life and the Sephiroth and Qziroth. But it all comes down to the same.

That's why I always tell people to never look at names but look to the definitions behind the names. You'll see that a lot is similar no matter if you're new age, occultist, religious, paranormal, scientist whatever are. Each direction in life comes with their own terminology for the same things

Each system can be used depending on your personal taste and beliefs. But chakra's are just a psychological aid to help you in taking on personal development. Focus on specific aspects instead of taking everything on at once. But if you visualise having your heart chakra, and the symbolic meaning behind it, to be placed in your pinky toe it'll still wield the same result in your personal growth and dealing with emotional/physical issues.

New Age community just likes to use words and a mystic shroud like Higher Self, Different Bodies and blablabla. They rarely understand that what they're talking about is the same as psychologists do cept with more confusing words and terminology. New age people just like to talk and live in a certain fantasy realm while an occultist will experiment and find things for what they are...and yes this doesn't mean that there is no soul or other energetical events in life.

I simply can not deny that there are energetical aspects as well, because I'm active with that as well. But people should not make things up and see things that aren't there.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius

Still what you read is just knowledge and nothing more. By putting it into experience and practice..that is when knowledge becomes wisdom.

That is how I go about most aspects that I want to learn more about. Read up on theory and experiment to see how it is in real practicality. So yes I percieved all myself sooner or later, but I also got a theoretical basis which brought me to where I am.

This is where I am at this point in my life... I have finally started applying the things I have learned- instead of taking someone elses word for it. I can see for myself what works for me and what does not

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
MMMarie

top topics

join