It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Virulent Strain of Aids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Saw a Law and Order show which was about this, so I looked to see if this is a reality. this is what was found.Seems it is.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Many years ago, when AIDS was somewhat "new", I dicussed the topic with a biochemist who was researching it. According to what he told me (and what little I understood), researchers were extremely worried about the possibility of it mutating. The concern was that after several "generations" the virus could possibly become airborne transmittable. This post brought back that discussion but it was a long time ago and I'm no biochemist. Does seem like it is evolving though.Truly scary.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by passenger
Many years ago, when AIDS was somewhat "new", I dicussed the topic with a biochemist who was researching it. According to what he told me (and what little I understood), researchers were extremely worried about the possibility of it mutating. The concern was that after several "generations" the virus could possibly become airborne transmittable. This post brought back that discussion but it was a long time ago and I'm no biochemist. Does seem like it is evolving though.Truly scary.

The way it was portrayed on L and O, is that the prion? is fighting back with a fervor, and will mutate intelligently? to stay alive as lomg as it has to.
If it becomes airborne, which is possible, it will make any other dis-ease outbreaks look like kindergarten...It scared me, as I work hospice and it is like rotting to death from the inside..

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
[quote is that the prion?

Sorry, like I said-I'm no biochemist. I understand only that a prion is some sort of protein that acts like a virus and can sometimes attack DNA. Maybe there is a member out there who is a biochemist and can explain it further.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I wouldn't pay too close attention to the detail on "Law and Order" because TV tends to play fast and loose with the details, but while this is alarming, it is not surprising. This has been the drill since AIDS first appeared and HIV was first identified. It is the reason hope for a cure or a vaccine is so difficult to maintain. The virus seems to have a brain and a PhD in organic chemistry.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I wouldn't pay too close attention to the detail on "Law and Order" because TV tends to play fast and loose with the details, but while this is alarming, it is not surprising. This has been the drill since AIDS first appeared and HIV was first identified. It is the reason hope for a cure or a vaccine is so difficult to maintain. The virus seems to have a brain and a PhD in organic chemistry.

I saw on a PBS special that 8 scientists swear the aids virus is a prion, which causes further problems, IMO.
Think maybe, hospice may not be a good idea for me with aids patients

RIP--Don Knotts, the otherside is funnier now.

new topics

top topics

join