It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simon Gray to guest on Now THAT'S Weird

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Personally, I can't wait intil I hear Simon's voice *sigh*
I just love British accents

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Best of luck with the interview, Simon. Hope all goes well.

c4

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Lets hope he has more to say in response to questions that are put to him than he usually writes on the site.Then again l suppose he/she will vet them before going live

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by c4
Lets hope he has more to say in response to questions that are put to him than he usually writes on the site.Then again l suppose he/she will vet them before going live

I will certainly answer as many questions as I can in the time available. Please realise that I do not have the knowledge, whether it be common sense or background research, to answer all questions put forth.

The simple reason I do not get as involved in board posts anymore is due to my time contraints. I would love to spend my entire day scrolling through every page of the day's posts, but I just can't do it!

c4

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray

Originally posted by c4

The simple reason I do not get as involved in board posts anymore is due to my time contraints. I would love to spend my entire day scrolling through every page of the day's posts, but I just can't do it!

Why set up and and expand the site if you don`t have the time or knowledge to carry it on.You have expressed the fact you don`t get any financial rewards from the site.You state the you don`t have the knowledge to answer all the questions put to you.I`m curious then as to the driving force for as site you don`t have time for.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by c4
Why set up and and expand the site if you don`t have the time or knowledge to carry it on.

I imagine that it's for everyone to enjoy including new members like yourself.

As for the rest, since your new, I am confused at to what questions were put forth that Simon didn't answer. I'm also confused about why he needs to account for his time here. If it's one hour a day or 10 hours a day, should not matter.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
That's either the cactus you just sat on or something I just read...

Ever heard of Partners? Staff?

Springer...

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
c4

Why expand ATS if I don't have the time? That's quite simple to answer. It is no longer a matter of I, but a matter of the community.

AboveTopSecret.com is no longer a small website comprised of stand-alone web pages solely updated by myself. While that static presence is still in existence, we are moving forward with a far more interactive approach so that ANYONE can talk about ANYTHING at ANYTIME.

Hence we have..... the ATS Conspiracy Community forums. A hugely massive message board system comprising 2 million posts about pretty much every conspiracy theory and "alternative" topic of discussion out there that people wish to discuss.

My area of interest has always been secret prototype technology and government proving grounds. So when I say my knowledge can be limited, for example, if someone was to ask me my opinion on parapsychology, ghosts, vampires or the city of Atlantis. My face will look like this -

I hope that answers your query.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Good luck mate, but I've got a really weird off-topic question, dos your voice sound all weird and different on film/tape? Because mine does and it's really unnerving! I sound Welsh for some reason.

Anyway, good luck!

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
Good luck mate, but I've got a really weird off-topic question, dos your voice sound all weird and different on film/tape? Because mine does and it's really unnerving! I sound Welsh for some reason.

Anyway, good luck!

To Brits I sound American, to Americans I sound British, so who the heck knows what I'll sound like over the radio!

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray

To Brits I sound American, to Americans I sound British, so who the heck knows what I'll sound like over the radio!

That's easy, Simon...a Canadian.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Hehe, cool.

I'm sure you'll sound much better than I do! Can't wait till Friday.

c4

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Gosh how defensive are you guys.You never disappoint

My user name is new my ip is new but l`m not a new member.

Previously l have asked questions as other have about the reasons/owners behind this site.I have made my own conclusions, now l just find it funny how people defend Simon and the site when posed with these questions.Sad but l`m just a weirdo and do it for fun.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by c4
Gosh how defensive are you guys. You never disappoint

My user name is new my ip is new but l`m not a new member.

Previously I have asked questions as other have about the reasons/owners behind this site. I have made my own conclusions, now I just find it funny how people defend Simon and the site when posed with these questions. Sad but I`m just a weirdo and do it for fun.

c4,

Have you ever considered that "how people defend Simon and the site" is more a defense of the community that ATS represents? ... Not for Simon, not for the site or a single forum or board, but the community as a whole.

While you may be "just a weirdo and do it for fun", there are and always will be members who take offense when they feel their community is being attacked by trolls such as yourself. As for "do it for fun", well, that's what BTS is for.

Personally, I appreciate the Simons, Skeptics and Springers that make the ATS community what it is, a place for all to discuss their ideas, views and concerns in a free and open manner, even if they are "just a weirdo and do it for fun".

Just my $.02

Looking forward to the interview Simon, no matter who/what you sound like on the radio.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

Originally posted by c4

I just find it funny how people defend Simon and the site when posed with these questions. Sad but I`m just a weirdo and do it for fun.

c4,

Have you ever considered that "how people defend Simon and the site" is more a defense of the community that ATS represents? ... Not for Simon, not for the site or a single forum or board, but the community as a whole.

While you may be "just a weirdo and do it for fun", there are and always will be members who take offense when they feel their community is being attacked by trolls such as yourself. As for "do it for fun", well, that's what BTS is for.

Personally, I appreciate the Simons, Skeptics and Springers that make the ATS community what it is, a place for all to discuss their ideas, views and concerns in a free and open manner, even if they are "just a weirdo and do it for fun".

Well said 12m8keall2c.

c4 - in case you still don't get it: ATS is about community. ATS is much, much bigger than Simon, SO and/or Springer.

You obviously know that communities can be manipulated - but there always are wild cards and loose cannons. Nothing is absolute, not even social engineering.

So don't mess with us.

Simon - I remain intrigued and can't wait to hear your voice. Of course, hearing what you might actually have to say is a real secondary interest.

c4

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   

c4,

Are the Troll card.Sorry wrong,whilst l find it funny l probably have more qualifications in the field of one of the many subjects on this site then many of its many participants.Thats why l find it funny reading some of the posts on hear.Having said that unlike a troll l only mock the ones that are obvious time wasters.I have writing on threads serious responses to peoples questions only to find out that later they get band for writing knowning false information.That is why this site cannot be taken seriously as it is allowing un educated juveniles to mess around.The internet can never be used as an investigative tool therefore people should never allow themselves to get to involved in it as a have said before this site is and only should be used for entertainment.It is un qualified to be used seriously.
Does this "Community" really need defending?.Thats just childish.If people believe the subjects on here are serious they need not defend themselves.Anybody on here with anything to contribute seriously should be over a certain age group.Sure younger people can read and digest but can they seriously contribute relative, useful, accurate information,experiance.NOPE.Whilst the internet allows access to information it isn`t police therefore cannot be relied upon to be factual.That you need to get of your butts and find out.
As for Simon Skeptic,Springer when was the last time they contributed any meaningful topics.There days seem to be filled with growing the community and adding one liners and sarcasm.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Playing The Troll Card

Originally posted by c4
Are the Troll card.Sorry wrong,whilst l find it funny l probably have more qualifications in the field of one of the many subjects on this site then many of its many participants.Thats why l find it funny reading some of the posts on hear.Having said that unlike a troll l only mock the ones that are obvious time wasters.I have writing on threads serious responses to peoples questions only to find out that later they get band for writing knowning false information.
[...]
As for Simon Skeptic,Springer when was the last time they contributed any meaningful topics.There days seem to be filled with growing the community and adding one liners and sarcasm.

Well, if the shoe fits...

Your posting history, which tells us where to find all twelve of your posts (in six threads, with five of your posts – 42% of them -- to this thread alone) to ATS, offers all the evidence anyone needs to decide if you're a troll or not.

I find your criticism of the admins particularly ironic in light of the nature of your own posts, which exemplify the very behavior you're criticizing.

I invite anyone who's curious to take a look at your contributions to ATS in their entirety and see for themselves what your “serious responses to peoples questions” are like.

Here's an example, all two words of it. Here's another, which is your four-word reply to a member seeking information on the Russian Area 51.

Your first four posts to ATS were in this thread, and are here for all the world to see. They are textbook examples of typical, low-grade trollery.

Your very first post to ATS as c4 was a one-liner.

Out With The New

Ah, but you say you're not a new member.

If you're not new, you probably know that multiple accounts are prohibited by the T&C, and yet here you are, claiming not to be a new member, which means either you're posting with a sock puppet account or that you were previously banned.

Why not tell us who you really are instead of making veiled allusions to it? What is there about your other account that you don't simply post from it? That suggests you have something to hide and does not encourage trust.

Violations of the rules for being here are not the best credentials to present if you're trying to convince people you aren't a troll.

You are making it very hard to believe that you are honestly interested in improving the ATS community with your presence, although I can hold out hope that in cases like this post you are at least starting to make an effort..

Nonetheless, I hope you can understand the confusion of your fellow members about your reasons for being here, because if you're not a troll, you're doing an excellent job of impersonating one.

Now I'm done with this off-topic digression, and assuming you aren't banned for flagrantly violating the T&C, I will have nothing more to say to you if your past posts are any example of what to expect in the future.
:shk:

The Sound Of Simon

As for the topic, it will be interesting to finally hear the voice of the mysterious SimonGray.

I'm hoping he'll throw us a curve ball and affect a thick cockney accent replete with “bloody this” and “bloody that” throughout the interview.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I am very much looking forward to hearing you speak Simon! I am interested to know how you feel about the development of the site...
Did you expect it when you began the site?
Did you hope this would happen?
Some times do you feel you have created a monster! lol!
How much control do you have over decisions for the site?

Tell us about the early days when men, where men etc!

I would also be nice to see ATS Museum, websites from the past... though i suspect thats a more SO area.

Good luck matey!

Dan

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The Things That Matter

Originally posted by bigdanprice
I am interested to know how you feel about the development of the site...

As if!

What people really want to know is: boxers or briefs?

We Americans raised the bar for asking tough questions of our public figures back in the '90s and -- dare I say it? -- Simon may want to take a few tips from the master himself...

“Commando... baby.”

Actually, I'm interested in the stuff bigdanprice mentioned, too.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Lets see now, getting out the charts and doing the calculations....hmmmm...between 5 and 6 EST would be just about 6 to 7 CST. Wow, did you guys schedule this for my conveniance or WHAT?

I look forward to the show and you can count on me to be listenin'

Wupy

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join