It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Derick Akhora: real or fake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I bet a whole bunch of u watch most haunted now & again but I love it, but like many of u I wonder if Derick Akhora is Genuine or fake. I thought at first when I watched the show that he probably does tons of research before the show & then acts really well to make us believe but now I genuinally believe he is for real. He gets it right so many times about when the people died, how, where & why, every time. Sometimes he's just out but that makes me believe it more & am no longer skeptical about his amazing powers. I'd love to bring him to places I know have strange phanomena, especially the viaduct in my other thread. I think he's the best phsycic out there or if not, the best actor. What r your thoughts?

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I enjoy watching most haunted also,I have heard Derrick on the James Whale radio show.I think he does have some psychic powers and I think he mixes this with a bit of entertainment.In other words I think he's abit of both psychic/actor.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Agree with u on that, if he is then he's a better showman than David Blane! he's cool aswell, what happened to him anyway, I haven't seen him since he came out of the box.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Read about Rik Eadles and Kreed Kafer right here!:
www.randi.org...

If you believe Derek is real, please read this link!

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I sure hope that was just O'keith tryin to defame Achora & make money himself. I knew it was to good to be true BUT... It only mentions a couple shows & we've seen in many shows him pick up on correct information. Maybe he does have some abilities, just not as strong or as great as we hoped. Glad someone cleared that up though, good find. That makes me wonder, does anybody have abilities? They could all recieve info somehow, the only ones left now which impress me are fortune tellers & people who read minds.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Some people believe he is part phony, part real.
Even before I found out about his credibility I thought to myself, 'He must know what location they will be filming at'
So he studies up, and when he gets things wrong, he didn't study long enough or he wasn't briefed well enough.

I thought 'most haunted' got a new guy, but Derek is still on the show. To me he taints the shows credibility and makes everything about the show dubious.
I still watch the show, but barely.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
How can he be real? he was possessed by a cartoon character that was named by an anagram of Dereks name! It's like being possessed by Bugs Bunny!

I can't stand MH, Ghost Hunters is a lot better, no psychics, no possessions, no fat lady who gets winded walking up stairs blaming it on ghosts, and they aren't believers in ghosts, they are looking for evidence of them, but not believers, unlike Derek and Company who always seem to see ghosts, and get possessed.

Derek could walk into a porta potty and claim to be possessed.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I know what you mean, they seem to go for dramatics instead of evidence. One person gets nervous and see's an animal or hears a pipe creak, and the next thing you know, everyone is doing screaming backflips. This really cheapens the show, I want to see research, not a bunch of boy scouts and girl guides freaked out by campfire stories.

One other thing that I noticed. I was looking at the light coming from the camera, you know those 'orb' sized reflections that come from the camera lights combined with the night vision that you see. I noticed that they look just like the orbs that float around except they are rotated 90Degrees off from an orbs appearance. The 'orb' has 'tentacles' of light at the bottom of the orb, and the camera light, which is a bit bigger, has tentacles (excess light defraction on one side) on the left of the light.
All one has to do theoretically is rotate the camera to the left 90Degrees, narrow the beam of light and voila!
An orb.

Watch for this when you see the show next time, not saying I'm right, but if we are being fooled, that just ain't right!

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I stopped watching after he got possessed by Mickey Mouse. Sorry, but getting possessed by a cartoon character that was an anagram of your name kills credibility.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I think Derek's abilities are a mixture of true ability and acting. The show has not kept me interested long enough to make it through the whole hour though. I did notice that Derek's new show was on last Friday.

Of the two, I much prefer to watch Ghost Hunters. Seems like they make more of an effort to collect credible evidance. A bit of a warning though, I picked up a virus by downloading EVP's from their website.

At least the website did get me interested incollecting EVP's, and evaluating the recordings, and I have been successful in collecting some very good ones.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by firmbeliever

YOU REALLY NEED TO LEARN HOW TO SPELL HIS NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Oh Deary me!! :shk:

Take a 'genuine psychic'.

Does he?...

A, Make millions by proving his ability through scientific channels in controlled experiments and offering his proven talents out to the highest bidder.

OR

B,Make cheesy,third rate shows with bad camera work and worse sound effects.

Totally lame,limp,fake mirror mockery.

new topics

top topics

join