It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Studying Astral Projection - the only reliable way I can

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
So, despite the fact that many of you probably see me as a non-believer, an over-critic, or "one who has not reached a new plane of nose-picking consciousness that we select few have achieved" - I am in fact a very hopeful believer in this kind of paranormal phenomenon.

The only problem is that I need proof, I need hard evidence, and I need to see it - not read about it. That's why I don't believe a lot of what is said here. I'm not saying any of you lie - I'm just saying that many people here are probably unconsciously (or consciously, but try to ignore it) stretching the truth to fit what they wanted to happen, or believed to have happen. The likely answer to most astral projections is, as I've stated before, that it was a dream.

And so, I'm taking part in a little research project of my own. I'm going to try to astral project using all the information I've gathered during my time on the subject. From what I can tell, relaxation is key - followed by concentration and a clear mind. This is likely the most difficult for me - since I do have ADD (well, Adult ADD - since I'm 20). I am taking riddilin during the project to try to be able to focus as best I can on the task at hand, instead of drifting away and being very fidgity. From there, one needs to "pull" oneself out of their body. Is this correct? If not, please tell me now so that I have a better chance of pulling this project off with a positive success (instead of a negative success).

What I am doing is meditating. I am lying down, flat, on my back, on the floor in a place where I am comfortable and at peace. I am doing this during the DAYtime, not the nighttime. I do NOT want to see it as falling asleep. That leaves the door wide open for it being a dream. I want to reduce the chances of that by a significant amount.

Now, so far I have done one attempt. I will try again today later (for I am going out soon).

Attempt time: 8:25am - 9:05am
Astral Project: negative
Sleep: negative

I started by placing my hands (joined) on my chest, whilst I lay down on my back.
Using relaxation methods derived from hypnosis, I started by concentrating on relaxing my toes and my fingers - the places I was most likely to fidgit. Once relaxed to a suitable degree, I moved onto my feet, then ankles, and kept working my way up to my hip. Then I moved from my fingers (again) to my shoulders. From there, up the butox, to the lower back, then stomach.
It became difficult at this point as I neared my chest. I had to concentrate for awhile on slowing down my heart-rate and normalize my breathing so that I would have a relaxed sleep-like breathing rate, and wouldn't be gasping for air later on, which would ruin my concentration. I then proceeded up the base of my next, and to my face.

At this point, it felt like my consciousness was becoming more singularized - more condensed into a point, rather than spread across my body. I started attempted to "get out". I tried to do it like a worm - since I felt so small as if I could pass through tiny holes. No luck. Problem arising - songs in the tiniest parts of my mind. Like when listening to a radio song, and having it stuck for awhile. At first it was a funny German song from a comedy skit I had seen. To get rid of it, I tried "changing tracks" to "London Calling" by the Clash. Problem, now had a few notes of London Calling stuck in my mind.

At this point I started coming into realizations of parts of my body that still weren't relaxed. My fingers were incredibly relaxed - and getting colder. I concentrated on relaxing these parts of my body. Areas like my next, and the big spots of meet up on the back of my legs between the knee and the hip (can't remember what that muscle's called).

More at peace I was. Tried some other methods of getting out (after a few more attempts at "worming"). Mind was very focalized at this point. Was able to almost completely remove the song from my mind. Started feeling like my body was smaller too - as if my hands were right up at my face, followed by my waist, and then by stubby knees and feet. I started to feel a tug towards my right-hand side, for whatever reason, and so I tried to work with that tug. Then tried "rolling" out, by working in the direction of the pull, and trying to roll my mind and feeling in body out to the side.

After working on that for awhile, my entire left side was numb. My left hand, which I -knew- to still be clapsed to my right hand, felt like it was bent backwards and I was holding it up to my ear (that's how close I felt to my hands). My right, however, still felt like it was below me. Since I had not moved after relaxing, I knew that they were still, in fact, clapsed, and that this was an effect of excellent relaxation.

So, since left side was numb after trying to roll out by my right, I tried to switch it up and roll out by my left. No luck at all - and only mildly reduced feeling on right side. Next I tried "flipping" out, by imagining myself somewhat peeling backwards on a back-flip.

Fingers at this point were terribly cold, and the feeling of my left hand by my ear, but the right right up at my neck, but on my chest, became strange feeling enough that I openned my eyes and got up.

The entire incident had taken 40 minutes.

------------------------------

Now, I will be attempting to do these kinds of things again. Like I said, I'm AVOIDING doing this at night. I do NOT want to confuse this with going to sleep, as I believe many people do. This project will hopefully last a week or two, with at least two attempts per day. If relaxation and meditation starts helping me in other ways, then the project may continue indefinitely.

I am not looking for "what to do when astral projected" nor am I looking for any "mood-setters". I'm not looking for a discussion on whether Astral Projection is real or fake. I'm not even looking for people to say good luck. What I AM looking for is tips on "getting out", or other peoples DESCRIPTIVE feelings on their meditation-based astrals, and what they feel either when successful or non-successful before getting out.

Otherwise, I'm just using this space to keep a log on my attempts. Remember, I do not believe nor disbelieve in Astral Projections. As a research project, I am trying to remain very objective on this.

If I succeed, you will know. I will outline completely what it feels like at the point of departure, and once there. If I don't succeed, you'll have some interesting and descriptive reading material on relaxation techniques and feelings.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Yarium
Best of luck to you. I think it is wonderful that you will not simply take someone elses word for it and become an instant believer!

Any path or belief system demands much discernment in my opinion.
(but this is also why i have been straddling the fence for so many years.)

I am FINALLY putting the things I have read and learned into practice so see for myself what works for me.

Just my two bits right quick: try not to go into it with a negative attitude. Visualise some sort of protective field around you. Mirrors, stars, a glowing ball of energy-whatever-- and then charge it to make sure its strong. I believe this will help you when you finally do AP.

MMMarie

[edit on 26-2-2006 by MerryMistressMarie]

[edit on 26-2-2006 by MerryMistressMarie]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Well. I wished you luck and mentioned something about a mood.
Should've read your post entirely!

oops, oh well.
Git over it!

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
In exploring astral projection, have you also investigated "remote viewing"?
The two seem to be linked if not, in fact, the same thing. I don't know if either has any real validity but I have come across some supposed manuals of instruction (in electronic format). Haven't tried them because I was really just looking for info.
They basically follow the same steps as you took but one had a specific self-massage technique (Yeah-Ha Ha. NO dirty jokes, please!!) that was supposed to be important. I can try to dig it up again if you think it would help.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I would like to know about the massage technique- do you have to massage yourself or have someone present in order to do this?

Its unfortunate that people still associate 'massage' with sexual 'stuff'.. Massage therapy is wonderful for everyone! Think of all of the people in the world who are lonely and just need human touch. I think a lot of folks are still misinformed, because with ethical, educated Massage therapists there isnt anything sexual going on-period! I suppose that massage can be sensual- but in a perfectly normal human way. Sorry if this seems unrelated. Just wanted to put in my two cents.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Yes it is a self given massage. According to the source it has to be done in a specific manner and length. It even varies depending upon whether one is a man or woman. Here is the link:

Remote viewing manual

Like I said, I make no claims that this works. I never tried it and don't personally endorse this company or methods. Nothing about it seems that bizarre though. Hopefully it will help the OP in their efforts.

[edit on 26-2-2006 by passenger]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarium
So, despite the fact that many of you probably see me as a non-believer, an over-critic, or "one who has not reached a new plane of nose-picking consciousness that we select few have achieved" - I am in fact a very hopeful believer in this kind of paranormal phenomenon.

The only problem is that I need proof, I need hard evidence, and I need to see it - not read about it. That's why I don't believe a lot of what is said here. I'm not saying any of you lie - I'm just saying that many people here are probably unconsciously (or consciously, but try to ignore it) stretching the truth to fit what they wanted to happen, or believed to have happen. The likely answer to most astral projections is, as I've stated before, that it was a dream.

And so, I'm taking part in a little research project of my own. I'm going to try to astral project using all the information I've gathered during my time on the subject. From what I can tell, relaxation is key - followed by concentration and a clear mind. This is likely the most difficult for me - since I do have ADD (well, Adult ADD - since I'm 20). I am taking riddilin during the project to try to be able to focus as best I can on the task at hand, instead of drifting away and being very fidgity. From there, one needs to "pull" oneself out of their body. Is this correct? If not, please tell me now so that I have a better chance of pulling this project off with a positive success (instead of a negative success).

What I am doing is meditating. I am lying down, flat, on my back, on the floor in a place where I am comfortable and at peace. I am doing this during the DAYtime, not the nighttime. I do NOT want to see it as falling asleep. That leaves the door wide open for it being a dream. I want to reduce the chances of that by a significant amount.

Now, so far I have done one attempt. I will try again today later (for I am going out soon).

Attempt time: 8:25am - 9:05am

I started by placing my hands (joined) on my chest, whilst I lay down on my back.
Using relaxation methods derived from hypnosis, I started by concentrating on relaxing my toes and my fingers - the places I was most likely to fidgit. Once relaxed to a suitable degree, I moved onto my feet, then ankles, and kept working my way up to my hip. Then I moved from my fingers (again) to my shoulders. From there, up the butox, to the lower back, then stomach.
It became difficult at this point as I neared my chest. I had to concentrate for awhile on slowing down my heart-rate and normalize my breathing so that I would have a relaxed sleep-like breathing rate, and wouldn't be gasping for air later on, which would ruin my concentration. I then proceeded up the base of my next, and to my face.

At this point, it felt like my consciousness was becoming more singularized - more condensed into a point, rather than spread across my body. I started attempted to "get out". I tried to do it like a worm - since I felt so small as if I could pass through tiny holes. No luck. Problem arising - songs in the tiniest parts of my mind. Like when listening to a radio song, and having it stuck for awhile. At first it was a funny German song from a comedy skit I had seen. To get rid of it, I tried "changing tracks" to "London Calling" by the Clash. Problem, now had a few notes of London Calling stuck in my mind.

At this point I started coming into realizations of parts of my body that still weren't relaxed. My fingers were incredibly relaxed - and getting colder. I concentrated on relaxing these parts of my body. Areas like my next, and the big spots of meet up on the back of my legs between the knee and the hip (can't remember what that muscle's called).

More at peace I was. Tried some other methods of getting out (after a few more attempts at "worming"). Mind was very focalized at this point. Was able to almost completely remove the song from my mind. Started feeling like my body was smaller too - as if my hands were right up at my face, followed by my waist, and then by stubby knees and feet. I started to feel a tug towards my right-hand side, for whatever reason, and so I tried to work with that tug. Then tried "rolling" out, by working in the direction of the pull, and trying to roll my mind and feeling in body out to the side.

After working on that for awhile, my entire left side was numb. My left hand, which I -knew- to still be clapsed to my right hand, felt like it was bent backwards and I was holding it up to my ear (that's how close I felt to my hands). My right, however, still felt like it was below me. Since I had not moved after relaxing, I knew that they were still, in fact, clapsed, and that this was an effect of excellent relaxation.

So, since left side was numb after trying to roll out by my right, I tried to switch it up and roll out by my left. No luck at all - and only mildly reduced feeling on right side. Next I tried "flipping" out, by imagining myself somewhat peeling backwards on a back-flip.

Fingers at this point were terribly cold, and the feeling of my left hand by my ear, but the right right up at my neck, but on my chest, became strange feeling enough that I openned my eyes and got up.

The entire incident had taken 40 minutes.

------------------------------

Now, I will be attempting to do these kinds of things again. Like I said, I'm AVOIDING doing this at night. I do NOT want to confuse this with going to sleep, as I believe many people do. This project will hopefully last a week or two, with at least two attempts per day. If relaxation and meditation starts helping me in other ways, then the project may continue indefinitely.

I am not looking for "what to do when astral projected" nor am I looking for any "mood-setters". I'm not looking for a discussion on whether Astral Projection is real or fake. I'm not even looking for people to say good luck. What I AM looking for is tips on "getting out", or other peoples DESCRIPTIVE feelings on their meditation-based astrals, and what they feel either when successful or non-successful before getting out.

Otherwise, I'm just using this space to keep a log on my attempts. Remember, I do not believe nor disbelieve in Astral Projections. As a research project, I am trying to remain very objective on this.

If I succeed, you will know. I will outline completely what it feels like at the point of departure, and once there. If I don't succeed, you'll have some interesting and descriptive reading material on relaxation techniques and feelings.

I love your attitude! Its great meet people like yourself who despite their doubts can still retain an open mind. Now hopefully I can help you out a little.

First forgive me for being very blunt here, but you are making a very important mistake. You need to realise that you have to be asleep in order to have a projection. Whats important for you to understand however is that it is not you that will fall asleep, it is your body that will be asleep.

You must have heard people talking about the 'mind awake/body asleep' condition? It's an easy idea to grasp but its a mountain climb of a challenge to put into practice. However it is pivital to your success if you to have a projection.

Another mistake you are making is that you are focussing too much on your physical body. In order to conciously project you have to become completely unaware of your physical body so all that remains is your awareness of your non physical body.

The next problem that I can see is that you seem to be going at this all guns blazing. The unfortunate reality for 99% of people trying to project is that they want instant results and when they dont get it they want to know where they are going wrong. Just as a broken limb needs to be re-trained to function properly again so does your ability to control your non physical self, its a step by step proccess and for 99% of people it cant be rushed.

Now let me give you something to try.

Pick a time like a weekend to practice the following techniques, and prepare to lose a little sleep! What you need to do is head to bed at around your usual bedtime, lets assume thats 23:00. Now try to make everything as silent as possible, wax earplugs work a treat but nothing is better than an empty house at night. Next set an alarm to wake you exactly 4 hours later at 3am. I used to use a mobile phone alarm as I could also feel its vibrations on my bed if i didnt hear its alarm.

Now Lay down on your back and start to relax as you would normally. Your room should be in the exact conditions it should be for sleep, not too hot, not cold. Perferably with lights off, some people prefer to have a lamp on in a corner, whatever your prefer when it comes to a normal nights sleep.

Now as you did in your initial experiement, start to relax your body, do this by tensing every individual muscle that you can find for around 10 seconds before relasing them and moving on. Start this with your toes and gradually work your way up. Dont leave anything out, even your face. Dont rush this step as it is very important. Also dont neglect muscle groups, for example after tensing your toes, your calfs and your thighs then try tensing the whole leg with all your toes pointed hard outwards. Repeat the proccess as many times as it takes for your entire body to feel jelly/jello like with tingles and numbness.

Next step is to simply fall asleep as normal, dont worry about trying to project, just head to sleep. Now when your alarm wakes you up you have to force yourself to stay awake! Do something simple to keep awake, read a few pages from a book or watch TV, try getting out of bed and doing a few crunches or something - anything to maintain alertness. Whats important is to stay awake for around 20-30 minutes. There is a reason for this and I will explain after you have tried this technique.

Now head back to bed and repeat the relaxation steps again until your body again feels like jello/jelly. Now, you need to pick a mental activity to keep your mind isolated, this is normally reffered to as visualisation. However it does not have to be visual at all, you can imagine your favourite song in your head, you can try thinking of simple geometric shapes and animate them with your minds eye. You can even try counting to 100 and back down again.

My personal choice is to concentrate on the 'ringing' in my ears when im in relative silence. I find the more I concentrate on it the louder it gets, but I dont let my focus waver. The moment any thoughts other than your chosen mental activity enter your head push them away and refocus again. This is hard, but gets easier with practice. The important thing is not think of anything else, other than what your doing. Dont think about how long you have been laying there, and dont think about or move your body in any way.

A number of things you will find is that saliva will build up in your mouth, your throat may become dry, you may get an itch, you may twitch from time to time. Try not to focus on these things because I assure you the moment you do, they will ruin your success. Instead try to minimise these things, check for insects in your room before attempting this, make sure you have drank plenty of water and have no flavours in your mouth that could make you saliviate. Prevention is the key.

Now, if you have done everything as I have said you will find that a number of things may happen. You could just fall asleep, its unfortunate but it does happen (and most likely will the first time!) however if your concentration is strong enough you will become aware of your body falling asleep. It is the most eeriest oddest sensations you will ever feel, trust me on that. Chances are the shock of it will startle you awake and you'll kick yourself for it, but the sensation will stick with you for a while. I wont go into details of what it feels like as it feels different for everyone, just trust me on this when I say you will know when it happens.

When you are in this state you will then be able to try any number of 'exit techniques', I wont go into those because just getting to the the state I just described is going to be a bit of a mission in itself. Trust me on it though, its worth it.

Feel free to contact me if you need any more help. And please let me know how you get on.

[edit on 26-2-2006 by not_fazed]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Well, not_fazed, I can see some logic to that. It's the idea of waking up when you're still tired, and then how easy it is to fall asleep again afterwards (and when you also have your longest dreams). Your theory is to keep your mind active enough to not fall into unconsciousness when your body falls asleep - but not be so active that your body doesn't fall asleep.

Like I said, though, I can not take the chance that it is just a dream. Therefore, I cannot take the sleep approach. However, through concentration and meditation, I should be able to approach the same state. I am aiming to relax to such a degree that my body is asleep, and my mind is not.

Now, an important thing I forgot to mention, not long before the end of that excersize I stopped breathing. I was trying to concentrate on leaving very hard at that moment, and I stopped breathing almost as if it were natural for me to do so. However, after about 15 seconds, I started breathing again.

Anyways, I'll be doing another excersize in about 20min or so. I'll write another log entry then.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Hi Yarium
Nice Thread, I too was able to go Astral, awhile back though - I wasn't even trying when it first started to happen- How it started was I kept seeing a tunnel and then the tunnel would start to spin real fast, at first this being new to me, I would get so startled by it, that I make it stop by opening my eyes & sitting up! Wonder what in the world was that! lol
I didn't know what the heck it was, and why this was happening, this was a few years ago.
So I decided to bypass my fears of what it was, and just went with the flow of it!
Sure enough it started to spin faster & faster & so fast, that Bam, I was out of my body in an instance and flying around my room! I got so excited and poof went right back in my body! This would happen many times throughout the week, right before going to sleep! I then learned to gain control over the excitement of it all, and would fly for what seemed like hours.
The thing is now, I would say the past year, the natural tunnel that would appear just abruptly stopped! And I haven't tried to get this to happen since, I guess my thoughts were else where. Until recently with reading about the interesting threads here, about Astral Production, has recently resparked my interest! Which leads me to ask a question about it.
My question is this to someone if they could answer this for me please, has anyone else been able to reach the Astral plain by this tunnel also? Or is it not the usual way to obtain this, Or am I a first?
Do I need to concentrate harder to try to obtain the scene of the tunnel? Or should I just let nature take its course? Would really like to start flying again.
I do however fly now & then in my dreams-but would like to experience being awake like I did before!
Hope someone can answer that for me! I Wish you luck Yarium, I like how your sharing your experience step by step, I like hearing how your trying to achieve this! Very Interesting - Much Better than reality tv
Thanks Angel

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Log 2
Attempt Time: 6:24pm - 7:12pm
Sleep: almost

Okay, so I started this off with the suggestion given to go through my muscles and tense and relax. I did this up to my calves, and then I realized that if I do this, I should instead go through a whole excersize regime beforehand. Perhaps next time I will, but this time I decided not. I also placed my hands at my sides instead of clasped on my chest.

However, I did decide that a more sleep-like nature was needed. Whilst I was very relaxed last time, I needed to enter an even deeper relaxed state. So, even after I went through every muscle, relaxing it, I did so again, and again once more. So three times I went through every muscle to check on its state of relaxation.

At the very least, I am finding this project to be a very interesting test of relaxation methods and what it feels like as one enters deeper and deeper states of relaxation.

After awhile (unknown length - eyes are closed - assuming 30min), I started feeling a new sensation. I can only imagine that this was my body entering a new state of relaxation, one deeper than I had experienced before, and actually a different "level" since there was a marked difference between the two.

As I neared this point, almost all the muscles in my body were at the point that my hands were in my previous attempt. My left hand (again the left, no idea why) felt like it was turned outwards (palm facing the ceiling) instead of the palm facing downwards like I knew it to be. My other hand felt like the thumb was through the floor, turned outwards (palm facing out to the right), even though it too was face downwards.

This point that I'm mentioning, this level, was like a net coming down on my body, suddenly - everywhere - dampening my physical sensations. My heart-beat could be felt almost everywhere, as though it were in my throat. Once again, the "shrunk body" feeling had set in. A marked difference here, though, is that my legs felt far, far away - even though my torso when compressed.

After this feeling had passed, I started to become dizzy. I was experiencing some micro-dreams, but kept myself in check like I promised myself to. Now that the rest of my body was numb, different, minute, sensations which would not have bothered me before began to make themselves especially noticed.

This is likely what it is to feel sensory deprevation. I felt like my neck was turned to my left side, along with my head (once again, I knew this not to be the actual case). The spot where my head was on the floor also could be felt very strongly just off the middle (to the right). Quite irratibly so, actually, but I drew my attention and focus away from it. Also, most disturbingly, I could feel a tense jab-like feeling in the right-hand side of my lower back. Researching this, I believe the sensation rested approx between the 4th and 6th vertabrae above the Tail Bone (12th Thoracic, 1st Lumbar, 2nd Lumbar).

That feeling eventually subsided, but it took a lot of mental effort. Perhaps there was a small knot forming there, or something, I don't know.

Anyways, once this "net" came down on me, my vision/consciousness started to "shift". It was like my eyes were shaking (which, I will note, it is possible they were - and my super-relaxed state intensified the sensation). I wanted the sensation to remain, hoping that it may lead to something - even if a dream-state - but every time it came, my body's natural reaction was to focus in on it and stop it. I will work on this in the future attempts to overcome this natural reaction.

Also, the room started spinning, quite fast. It felt like when I am sick with a fever, and I'm laying in bed, and I close my eyes - like the bed is spinning. In this case, however, I was on the floor (not a bed) so it only felt like I was spinning. Also, thankfully, I didn't feel sick from it since I wasn't sick to begin with. This experience was in conjuction with the "shifting" of the eyes, though it would last longer than the shifting, and wouldn't immediately "come into focus".

And then, something happened... perhaps it was one of my periodic breath-spasms (a sudden, unexpected, intake of breath - with a slow release - and then back to normal "sleep-like" breath) - but the net-feeling went away, as did the shifting and the spinning. I felt more relaxed than before the net-feeling, but not as relaxed as during. It was a sort of inbetween these two. I was very relaxed everywhere to about the same degree, but I don't think I was in sensory deprevation anymore.

As things continued, and I tried to return to the net feeling, I started slowing down my breathing even more. I tuned in to a small, almost soundless, clock approx. 6 metres away (or about 19 feet). I started slowing down my breathing to levels I didn't think I could handle for a length of time (about one breath in and out once every 10 seconds), which I then continued for probably 2 minutes (at least, if not more, 12 cycles of breathing - which would be 2 or more minutes).

Unfortunately, this did not bring me anywhere to the net again.

Finally, I started getting a bit aggrivated, and tried some of the more forceful ways of "getting out". Probably the worst thing to do. If I'm beginning to understand this correctly, the more you actually try, the less chance you'll make it. Once again I tried the rolling, the flipping, and the drilling/worming.

Finally, at the end, I just imagined myself floating up. However, this only helped confirm how powerful hypnotic suggestion is on us - as my hands, neck, head, arms, and feet started rising up.

To show you why this isn't a sign of levitation, do this experiment. Go into a door-way or any tight passage, and starting pushing your arms straight up from straight at your sides, into a T-formation. Since the sides of the doorway will stop you, you gotta keep pushing. Pushing with all your might for 2 minutes or more.

Now, step through the door-way, and let your arms relax. Watch as they "magically" start to raise up all on their own! You have to have tried REALLY hard in the door-way for this to work, but it should work.

What happened? Where your arms subject to a mystical force? No - they just had a certain memory put into the muscles. You concentrated on it so much, your brain designated the task as an automatic one (that doesn't require concentration to do). So your muscles in your arms will stay tense, and will raise your arms up on their own.

When you start to imagine yourself levitate - and you start to do so very hard - your brain will accidentically get confused and start doing the action on its own. It just correlates "levitate" with "raise" - and so your arms will begin to raise by themselves.

Now, I did realize this was happening, and it started with my neck/head (since that's where I was concentrating on "escaping" from). So every half-minute or so, I had to find my muscles in my neck, check to see if they were tense or relaxed (turned out to be tense most of the time), and then relax them again.

In the end, I just let that feeling take over and didn't try to stop it. I just wanted to experience that feeling now. Once I actually had my legs up in the air, I stopped, got up, and came here to type this up.

Tomorrow I have work, so I'll try again when I come home from work.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Thanks Yarium and Fazed for all the information. I am going to try it. I have tried hard before while awake, did the meditation... but I always get thrown at the itchy part. I start itching like crazy, its my nerves or pores or something...I don't know.. How do you get past that part? Also, I didn't realize Astral Travel was like RV..that is a revelation..I can do RV..lol...maybe with practice this will work out after all!

I can do the flying and visiting places in dreams but it would be great do that while semi-conscious.

Thanks for the tips, will let you know what happens!

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Yarium,

Make sure that you practice EVERY DAY or you can go a year without ever getting out of your body. The more you do it, the better you will get in a shorter amount of time. If you just do it once and a while as a hobby, it'll never work.

I feel that what you are currently doing will eventually get you SOMEWHERE, but it may not be the astral, and it may not be soon. Here are a few helpful suggestions. Up to you whether you impliment them or not:

The ritalin: I suggest not using it. Although it is keeping your mind more focused and under control, it may inhibit the separation process. I know that alcohol and drugs do, so behaviour-changing drugs may also do the same thing. So I suggest not using it, if at all possible.

Getting up: Actually trying to 'physically' get up is not required by every one. In fact, most people just sort of pop or float out the first time. Try not to bother getting up in any way for the first while. If nothing is happening, then start trying to get up again.

When and Where: You don't need to do it during the day. I liked trying to get out in the afternoon, simply because I think it would be scarier to wake up in the astral in the dark the first time. But contrary to what you may have heard, you can do it at night, as long as you arent deathly tired and going to fall asleep as soon as you hit the mattress. In fact, the best time to do it is perhaps just as you wake up, if you can fit it into your schedule. Or on weekends, set your alarm to wake you up at 3 am, get up and walk around a bit, and then lay down and try to project. Also I don't know where you got the idea that you have to do it on the floor. The bed is much more comfortable. You could even sit up in a chair if you want, as long as it's comfortable and your muscles are relaxed, and it won't distract you.

Ask for help!: Even if you feel silly doing so. Pray/mentally call out to your guide, an elemental, "God", the Divine Mother, or whatever else you believe in. Or simply make a plea to anybody who is willing to help you. If you are seriously putting in the effort on your end, there is usually some force there that is willing to help you out, and all you have to do is ask.

Proper Mindset: Don't just think of nothing. That's the technique to get to the CAUSAL plane, not the astral. In order to make it to the astral, you need to focus all of your attention on a single thought or thing. This can include a mantra (saying something over and over. I have some specifically said to help Astral Projection, if you are interested), focusing on your heartbeat, etc. The important thing is that you DON'T let your mind think about ANYTHING else. I know this may be harder for you with ADD but eventually you'll get it. That means not even thinking about how you are feeling and what is happening to you. This is also hard, to learn not to observe what is happening to you. Just ignore all the funky sensations. As soon as a thought comes into your head, just push it out. JUST BE.

have tried hard before while awake, did the meditation... but I always get thrown at the itchy part. I start itching like crazy, its my nerves or pores or something...I don't know.. How do you get past that part?

Ah yes, the itches. That's almost as bad as when your clothes start to feel really heavy and press down on your chest, making it hard to breathe.

All you can do with the itches is ignore them. DON'T SCRATCH. First of all, when you are projecting you should try to lay completely still, so that your body can start separating. And secondly, you will probably have found this out, once you scratch one itch, it will just move to another spot, and then you will have to scratch that one, and so on. They just keep multiplying until it ruins the whole experience. So just try your hardest not to scratch. Believe it or not, it does go away.

The only other alternative (I just thought this up, I don't know if it will even work or not) is to perhaps go and take a shower and then practice, so your whole body will be entirely damp and your skin can't get dry and itchy. At least I don't recall every getting itchy right after getting out of the shower. It might be worth a shot.

If nothing else, laying and not scratching will make you stronger mentally. Itches won't kill you. It's not bugs on you or anything, so you can just let it happen. In fact, maybe you should actually focus ALL your attention on the itch. Make it all you think about and feel, and concentrate on it as hard as you can. Feel it pulsate. Shift your awareness to where the itch is, and try mentally zooming down on a microscopic level. Okay now I'm getting really itchy so I have to stop typing

[edit on 26-2-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Great Ideas Yarcofin!! I will take a semi cool shower so it wont dry my skin out more. Also, a shower is relaxing like massage so may be good that way too!!

And, if that doesn't work I will ride the itch out like you say..lol about you itching now too!! Actually, I am also starting to itch all over talking about this now. I think I used to be a dog in my past life and have fleas or something..lol.
I guess I will have to learn to love my itchiness. Thanks again..I thought all of your advice was good to everyone and I am printing out a copy of this thread for when I practice!!

The only other alternative (I just thought this up, I don't know if it will even work or not) is to perhaps go and take a shower and then practice, so your whole body will be entirely damp and your skin can't get dry and itchy. At least I don't recall every getting itchy right after getting out of the shower. It might be worth a shot.

If nothing else, laying and not scratching will make you stronger mentally. Itches won't kill you. It's not bugs on you or anything, so you can just let it happen. In fact, maybe you should actually focus ALL your attention on the itch. Make it all you think about and feel, and concentrate on it as hard as you can. Feel it pulsate. Shift your awareness to where the itch is, and try mentally zooming down on a microscopic level. Okay now I'm getting really itchy so I have to stop typing

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
hey Yarium,

I'm trying astral projection to but I'm dong it with a crutch. I'm using BWgen to keep my mind awake but my body asleep. (personally, the preset "you want astral, you got astral" has been the best) No matter how relaxed my body is, the binaural beats keep my mind awake. When I try without BWgen, it takes alot longer but I can still relax and all that. Like others have said, you need to get your mind as far away from your body as possible. Whenever I think or try to feel my body, I snap out of it really fast. You could try guided imagery. Personally, I'm stuck in the vibrational state. Scared the hell out of me the first time I felt it, surprised me because I wasn't trying to go astral or anything of the sort. I thought I was suffocating. (I didn't know if I was breathing or not). I'll get past this eventually. I hope you have more luck.

Edit: oh, and as for time of day, I do best at night. I've tried in the morning and my mind is way to active and my body just doesn't want to rest. Afternoon is a bit better but still the same problems. I usually try a couple hours before I go to bed and my body co-operates very nicely.

[edit on 26-2-2006 by DemonicAngelZero]

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Hi checking in to let you know of my OBE/Astral Projection attempt.

Thanks for tips everyone! Yarco I did what you adviced. Right after I got up this late a.m., and was still feeling sleepy, as if I could go back to sleep again...I tried it.

I started by letting my body remain sleepy and go back to sleep again. I felt one Big Itch, but I concentrated on it, and also at the same time flexed my muscles and relaxed them...like you and Yarium said to do. I also felt this heaviness of self you described that was mildly suffocating. Then the itch faded & the heavy feeling went away. Then I started RVing with my mind to seek beyond my body/bedroom walls. I felt a little pull and was separated a little above my body, (I was wondering is this it? and then told myself to be quiet and gently RV some more)..then I was caught in a misty whisp of a slip stream. It was very fast! and all of a sudden..I was in a kitchen type place looking from the tiled floor up at big black boots, I looked and saw a man dressed in a blue butcher type outfit, with a little white cap on his head, looking down at me, or in my direction. The man was speaking in French. I slipped out of the kitchen and then I was looking right at an Irish setter (as if I was kneeling on the ground right next to him) who appeared to be abandoned by the side of the road...he had a bloody patch on his shoulder. I felt bad for him...I felt his feelings, he was hungry, lost, and confused. Then I came back to my body. I did not Astral Travel into outer space, but I was surprised because I think maybe I made it to France in a instant! Poor Dog...I wish I could have helped him.

I didn't fall asleep and my mind just went....Whoosh along in a slip steam. I have heard you can travel into people, but can you travel into animals also? I am not sure I did that either its just my astral body...came into the butchers kitchen from ground level...but I didn't feel as if I was entering another body. So, I am wondering did I do it right for starters? It was very quick and didn't last more than a few seconds, as you say I need to practice everyday. But, I am eager to investigate this further, and hope I will get better at it. Hopefully, even astral traveling into outter space some day. Or, go to places I direct myself to go. What happened to me this morning was I just went where the slipstream took me and I had no control over that.

In a way I don't want to believe in it, because I got so lucky so quickly on this early attempt, but I believe it was real...because all of the things I saw on my projection, were the furthest things from my mind, i.e, a French speaking butcher, an irish setter, etc. Next time I go somewhere (if possible) I will try to get more confirmable, detailed information.

Thanks for your help!!

[edit on 27-2-2006 by DeeplyAwake]

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Attempt 3
Attempt Time:
5:45pm - 6:55pm (at approx. 6pm riddilin is out of system)

Well, nothing that new this time. Despite the fact that I'm able to pull this off for longer and longer. Actually, this time I noted a quite less level of relaxation.

Leading up to the attempt, I did the full muscle testing - giving every muscle in my body a small workout before I lay down to start relaxation. Also, upon the advice of people here, I took a pillow this time for my head. I do admit that in the end I was more comfortable.

Now, perhaps it was the excersizing, but it took me notably longer to get really relaxed this time. Even still, up until at least a half-hour into it, I didn't feel any different at all really. Did not even have the body-distortions that I've mentioned. However, after really relaxing some more, and feeling myself as if raised a little, I started feeling the distortions. Always my hands feel wierd - although perhaps a good sign is that this time they both felt about the same amount of wierd. To facilitate a heavy relaxation, I imagined parts of my body disappearing, or the feeling in those parts disappearing.

This relaxation technique, later, ended up with me feeling thin, and long. I wasn't short and squat this time - but instead stretched out. Also, I had a MASSIVE sense of flatness. I don't know, the feeling seemed incredibly familiar, and yet totally different. Even right now it is extremely difficult to remember it. Suffice it to say, this flatness was NOT like being squished, but instead like I was slowly flatening, like how a drop of gel will slowly flatten out.

I also started talking to myself. While I was still in control of what the other me said, I did let him talk about whatever he wanted to say. My other self seemed very distant to me though. He noticed me, but that was about it. We talked for awhile, probably 10 or so minutes, about why I couldn't astral project. Who am I, was the question that kept coming up. My other self said I don't believe in my soul. I of course believe in a soul, and in God, but perhaps at some fundamental core of me I don't - or I can't percieve such a thing. Perhaps I'm so far away from my soul, or from God, that I can't feel myself, and thus cannot determine who I am. The only answer I could come up for myself on "Who Am I?" was "I am a truth-seeker.". Apparently I didn't believe that either or something.

Thus, I knew what I wanted, but myself kept asking me who was I to make such a request. Still, he cared for me, wanted me to do well - but he didn't help me. At some points he said that he would, if only I could get myself a little farther on my own.

Around this point, the shakes started happening again, total loss of all feeling started to occur, and my mind/vision would be shaking all over the place (though not to anywhere in particular). As I said, I wanted to work on this part, as perhaps its where I need to get close to finally springing free. Whilst I was able to ignore, and thus let proceed, these shakes - they eventually subsided, though they were present for much longer than last time.

Once they subsided, I again had no chance or returning to it. Whilst I did lay there for another 15 or 20min, nothing new happened.

I'm taking this experience as a good sign. At least I talked to myself this time, myself took the time to actually say what was really on my mind. Perhaps next time I'll be nicer to myself, and... wait a minute, I was about to say more helpful... but I shouldn't be. I've probably been as helpful as I can be. Now I gotta do more of this for myself. So, next time, I'll try to talk to myself longer, actually see myself face-to-face instead of just imagining hearing myself (which is probably the only difference between sanity and craziness), and find out more on what I gotta do.

I won't be trying the excersizing portion next time, and I don't know about the riddilin. It was very difficult to focus on some things - such as the mantra... which changed constantly throughout the attempt.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Yarium, i haven't read the whole thread, also because now i don't have much time for it, anyway i think i could suggest you one or two things (that are, after all, the same way i'm experimenting in this moment)

So far, i haven't managed to acheive a complete OOBE, but a partial one (or some odd lucid dreams, i still have to study this phenomenon a little while to be more precise).

Anyway, first of all, i think you should avoid Ritalin, or excessive focus... i know, it may seem a contraddiction, but at least as far as i've seen, if you're too focused you don't manage to acheive an OOBE...

Instead, you could a) try to lay in a slightly uncomfortable position (this should keep your awareness a little awake, but still allowing you to slide into several brain states) and b) you could pick the moments you begin drifting off... when this happends, you should "order" yourself to remain conscious: thus, your body should fall asleep (or at least, almost asleep... as far asi've seen, this works better when your body is pretty tired, so either before going to bed, or after an intensive session at the gym, for example), but not your mind.

You could also try with brainwave generators... there should be a thread not many pages away, in which i wrote some experiments i made: i should continue with them, but lately i haven't had enough time, but i'll restart as soon as possible... anyway, in that topic i spoke of the frequency i'm using (in there you'll find also indications on where to download it), and it has given some interesting results... maybe you coul try it out too, and report here your impressions

PS: Forgive me for my crappy writing, but now it's 6 am and i don't have much time/lucidity to write properly

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I agree with Spar on the slightly uncomfortable position. Thus keeping me more awake, more in tune to what I'm trying to achieve! Mine started with the spinning tunnel like I said previously.

Has anyone else had the spinning tunnel? Which helped them achieve oobe?

I've been trying to get back the tunnel, and not having much luck, so could be like Spar said to much focus? I will try to achieve it being more tired. I was avoiding trying when I was tired, since I was concerned of falling to sleep!
Thanks for the tips!
Angel

top topics

join