It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there neanderthals still alive?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Hi

I recently read my local newspaper, and in the sports section there was as article about a hockey player from Sweden. I was surprised when i saw his face, and started to wonder if there are still neaderthals and/r cro-magnon people out there

img114.imageshack.us...

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
There is some evidence that suggest that Human and Neaderthals interbreeded and produced hybrids. So there might be some people carrying Neanderthals DNA around.

Man I use to work with this a few years ago though that was a dead ringer for a Neanderthal even more so then that picture he had the long hair and beard as well. Im not kidding looked like the Neaderthals on those TV comericals.

[edit on 26-2-2006 by ShadowXIX]

[edit on 26-2-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Well of course Neanderthals are still alive, just check the white house... It's full of them...

Well, Neanderthal's were to have split off the family tree, evolve on their own, and eventually died off, leaving homo sapiens sapiens to flourish and take over the world... So I wouldn't think that there were any neanderthal genes within us at all, but I may be off base on that. I would think any similarities would be from before the neanderthals split from the tree. I know it sure looks like their are Neanderthal genes in some though, so I know what you're saying...

Edit to throw in an old link:
www.channel4.com...

[edit on 2-26-2006 by IronDogg]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Heres some info on the evidence for a Neanderthal-Homo Sapien Hybrid

link

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Personally, I cannot see the connection you have made with this hockey player! How incredibly mean.

I hope noone who knows this poor guy lets him know about what you have said. See, he is REALLY a HUMAN, with HUMAN emotions and FEELINGS.

Just because you may (or may not) look differently than this guy does not mean he is not human or a hybrid or whatever it is you are thinking.

We all come in many colors, shapes, sizes, etc. I think you need to grow up.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
i think that they have been 'absorbed' into the homo sapiens

type in your search bar [neanderthal, middle east]
theres a bunch of pages to scan over....

try www.pbs.org...
for a balanced synopsis___________i.e. scientists can't say one way or the other.

my personal biased view, is that if modern man and neanderthals
co-existed and lived side-by-side for some 70,000 years...
there must have been some sort of intermingling beyond just being
quite neighbors.
(but that kinda thinking does not meet the evidence or proof of science)

[edit on 26-2-2006 by St Udio]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowXIX

Humans and Neanderthals could interbreed but there is no way any one today is part Neanderthal because the child of a Human and a Neanderthal would be steral.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
There is some evidence that suggest that Human and Neaderthals interbreeded and produced hybrids. So there might be some people carrying Neanderthals DNA around.

Yeah ... just read Clan of the Cave Bear ...

But seriously, I agree with St Udio.

Any hybrids would have been absorbed and their traits would have been watered down to significantly low levels.

Saying that, I guess it would be possible for a recessive Neanderthal trait to surface .... but I aint no biologist ... so that guess could be bollocks ...

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I remember awhile back they did a study to see if any humans alived today carried any Neanderthal DNA and found either A. It's out of the population or B. It's such a small percentage its insignificant. It's been 30,000 years since the Neanderthals went extinct and the last remains found to contain high levels of hybridization were are about 24,000 years old. Odds are the genes have simply been weeded out.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I believe neanderthals are still alive! and have inter bred,i am convinced my mother-in law is one,she makes this strange sound when she laughs ,like a hooting snort or something,and the hair....i mean WOW

[edit on 16-10-2008 by all2human]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Try any Scottish city on a weekend, you will find plenty.

new topics

top topics

join