It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Your "Craziest" Belief?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I'm curious as to what everyone's craziest belief is. We all have one... I'm talking about something that if said to another person would cause them to look at you funny, ask you if you're serious, or possibly even slowly back away.
Something that's completely off the wall and yet you find it perfectly plausible somehow. A belief that's unique to you (at least you think it is). This is ATS so we shouldn't have problems expressing our nutty theories...right?

Ok I'll start. I don't know if this is my craziest belief or not, but it's what's on my mind at the moment. I seriously believe that Stargate SG-1 is based on reality. I think there really were ancient visitations by aliens that used us for labor, and perhaps took us to the stars with them when they left. I think that we (the United States government or international organizations) have a secret space program and have access to other places in the solar system and galaxy through some kind of alien device or back-engineered alien craft. I think we have regular contact with other civilizations out there, both peaceful and hostile. If you've seen the series, you know many of the details. I think alot of the things featured in the show are loose representations of things that are happening now.

I was so excited when I read about this guy a year or so ago: news.bbc.co.uk...
He claims to have seen information on "Nonterrestrial Officers" on named American craft.

That's right, I think we have the Prometheus

See, I told you it was crazy. This is something I wouldn't talk about to someone in the "real world", but this is the Internet so I have that convienent electronic mask and don't really care. So.....share will ya?

[edit on 2/26/2006 by Flinx]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Hm, ok, I'm not to sure if I even want to share this..

I don't neccesarilly believe this anymore, but I also don't not believe it.

Ok, my craziest belief is:
That the Grey's (The short grey alien dudes) are my, and a few other chosen humans, descendants.

That's not generally something I even like to think about myself.

Man, I feel embaresed and self-conscious now.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The greys are racist beings. Why you ask, its because all the encounters were with blond haired, big tough looking people. Germans, Hitler. etc.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
My craziest belief, I believe we all can live in peace and have love for all people.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Well SpittinCobra I think you win. That's hard to imagine...

Anyway....is there no one else willing to share their crazy beliefs? Fine, be that way....

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Im with you on the stargate theory.... i mean, if the universe is expanding the farther away from the center would be younger civilizations, and the closer to the center would be older civilizations. The ancients, the gatebuilders, could have really exsisted long ago.

They actually made a special, hosted by amanda tapping (Col. Carter) called Stargate Sg-1: True Science... it goes into explaining how concepts used in the show are based on real theory's... pretty cool special.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I hardly know where to begin.

For instance, I believe that the UFO's reported by so many are not actually driven by diminutive pilots from another star system, light years away. I believe that UFO's are, instead, the unconscious thought-forms of the local humans, projecting all their fears and griefs up into the starry void.

But there's more to it than that. There exist various spiritual entities which enjoy feeding on our emotions. And, since fear is the strongest emotion, they have learned how to harness the thought-projections which cause UFO's, and make them even scarier, all because it feeds their stark need for your fears. Lately, they've figured out how to encourage religious fanatics into commiting terrorism, and then have the govts respond, all to jack the "sum of all fears" up to unheard-of levels, and feast on the agony of an entire dying planets. Emotional vampires.

How's that, for starters?

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
My craziest belief is that I can make it through the Russian army in one piece, become a seargant, then leautenant, then General, then someday the president of Russian and make Russia greater then the word great. Made you laugh, but that's something I dream about. Nothing wrong with dreaming, is there?

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I believe that Lee Harvey Oswald was killed in the Soviet Union after he defected. The pictures of him in the Marine Corp, standing next to a height chart, show him as 5' 11'' tall. Oswald also had a mastoidectomy scar below his left ear.

The man who was arrested in Dallas for shooting JFK was 5' 9'' tall, and has no such scar in the photos.

I think Oswald died or was killed while in the Soviet Union, and was replaced by a KGB operative. Before his return to the USA, "Oswald" married the niece of a prominent KGB general.

Once this agent returned to the US with his bride, he sought work at Chiles-Jaggars-Stovall, a photographic tech company that is still in business in Dallas, Texas. They do defense work. The agent worked in the darkroom that processed U2 ariel photos of the Cuban missle crisis. It was these very photos that Kennedy showed on the evening news, precipitating the Cuban Missle Crisis. The man claiming to be Oswald was reprimanded at his work. Co-workers complained that he carried Russian-language newspapers to work and read them on his lunch-break . . .

After several years working at CJS in Dallas, Oswald quit his lucrative job and went to work at the Texas School Textbook Repository, for minimum wage. Oswald applied for the job the day after news of Kennedy's visit was published in the Dallas Morning Herald, along with the parade route where Kennedy's motorcade would be driven. . . .

I also believe that Oswald never fired a shot, and may have been "set up" as a Patsy. His actions immediately after the shooting portray a man who believes he will be spirited out of the U.S. and into Mexico, en route to the USSR.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I really hate traitors, especially of my country.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I believe my iguana was sent to me by aliens as a guide.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
My craziest belief would have to be that The Matrix exists. Sometimes I wonder if the matrix really exists or not. That my carziest belief.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
My craziest belief is based off deductive reasons, last year it was deleted from ATS and from the TAPS forum for being to controversial!! "Your thread has been moved to the trash bin".

My craziest belief is that time displacements do exist in the here and now, but they spring-up from time to time. Time may be moving faster or slower in certain locations, not as in a matter of persepective but a matter of reality. It might be 15 feet above the ground or on the ground or below the ground. or someone may have one of this time displaced bubbles in their own home. This "bubble" may be anywhere from a millisecond to several seconds out of sync with the time continuum around it. (either behind or ahead)

Proof? I don't have any, but it will be proven correct in the distant future.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
My craziest belief is that most of what Ive read so far isn't all that crazy.

I also believe that I can affect the future by force of will if I just believe something strong enough. Trouble is I'm to wishy washy on all my beliefs.

Zen happens

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I believe we were created in 7 days some time around 6,000 years ago by a big white dude in the sky.
Nah, I'm just playin'

I do, however, believe that there were ancient civilizations that were as or more technologically advanced as we are now, but destroyed themselves using their own technology. I also believe that the destruction came through a cycle that occurs regularly in our universe, and we are coming to the destructive portion of that cycle very soon.
In other words,
Big Boom soon

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Oh, and Santa

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I believe that toothpaste causes cavities.

My brother doesn't use toothpaste, and never has. He has only had 3 cavities in his life, and hasn't been to a dentist in 14 years. He also doesn't drink caffiene, and doesn't consume refined sugar. (He uses honey instead).

I have sibling-DNA, and have 8 fillings.

I still use toothpaste, though.

Because you're supposed to.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
sugar helps with cavities. :p

my craziest belief, hmm is that I can actually dance. hahaha.

haha
AHHHHHHHH AHHA

/rocks out

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I believe that, when I die, I'll arrive in an in-between world of spirits. The Tibetans named this world "Bardo". The words comes from "bar" meaning inbetween point and "do" or, marking point/island. When you arrive after death, you are confronted with a tribunal of judges. At this point, you run through your entire previous life, for all the good and bad. From a perfect moral standpoint, you see the decisions you made and feel the full reprucussions ,again, for good or bad. The judges are highly advanced, and counsel you on your previous life. At that point, you are free to explore this land of love, wisdom, and peace. When you are ready, the judges will present you with a script for your next life, one which is created so that you can learn and evolve spiritually. No matter how terrible the life outlined may be, resistance is futile. Life begins anew.

Not the best way of putting it forward, but it's obvious why I don't go blathering on about this, though it is basically a tibetan view of the rebirth cycle.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I had to post another "crazy" thought, it's not really "crazy" because, people call it crazy, but I am more afraid of A Zombie Outbreak/onlsaught than Terrorism or Natural Disaster or Iran's nuclear power. I believe it's only a matter of time before there is a Zombie infection becomes reality and everyone is scrambling to know what to do. It's the idiots that are running around bumping into eachother trying to figure out what to do that will get bit and infected.

My wife thinks It's crazy because I ACTUALLY DO have an escape plan. My escape plan is also useful in case of riots or if the USA gets invaded a foreign government or aliens.

<<   2 >>

join