It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the silence from the prophecy experts

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I checked the last site you posted and heres what it said.

Although one can certainly draw parallels from the Babylonian system described in Revelation 18 and apply them to the America, we have serious reservations in believing the claim that Babylon the Great is the USA. (Although we will certainly not dismiss the fact that the United States will be judged for its sin).

The reason that we do not believe that the United States is Babylon the Great of Revelation 18 is two-fold. (1) Babylon is described in these passages as being a city, and (2) many proponents of this we have encountered base their belief on extra-Biblical dreams and visions which may not be accurate.

As you can see, they do not believe America is Babylon.

However, you could post a hundred sites that say America is Babylon and they would all be wrong. America does not sit on 7 hills and does not dress in scarlet and purple.

The point is still I hear nothing from these prophecy experts when Jeremiah 50 and 51 is very likely being fulfilled right in front of our eyes.

[edit on 1-3-2006 by Sun Matrix]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
It appears that Jeremiah 50 and 51 is being fulfilled right now. Why the silence from the experts? [...]

FYI Iraq is Babylon

Jeremiah 50:9 For, lo, I will raise and cause to come up against Babylon an assembly of great nations from the north country: and they shall set themselves in array against her; from thence she shall be taken: their arrows shall be as of a mighty expert man; none shall return in vain. 10 And Chaldea shall be a spoil: all that spoil her shall be satisfied, saith the LORD.

Yes, Sun Matrix, Iraq IS Babylon of Jeremiah 50-51. In fact, that is the title of my blog tracking the fulfillment of the prophecy since October 2006, when you first posted this question.

Nine judgments against Babylon are specified in Jeremiah 50-51: 1) invasion by a great nation and many kings, 2) occupation by those cruel and merciless forces, 3) punishment of the arrogant one, the king of Babylon, 4) burning of the cities, 5) abandonment in frustration by the occupiers, 6) military conflict with and defeat by the Kurds, 7) plundering of the 'treasures' of Babylon by the Kurds, 8) a catastrophic flood event, and 9) drought and unrelenting desertification leading to a complete desolation and uninhabitableness.

We are through the first three judgments, awaiting the 4th and 5th. Should be soon, now that the coalition security forces, as of June 30th, 2009, have left the cities unprotected.

As al-Maliki prophesied: "(The cities) will burn."

yephiah

<< 1  2   >>

join