It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rasmussen Poll: Democrats Lead American Trust on National Security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
For the first time, Americans favor Democrats in Congress over President Bush on the handling of national security issues. The poll found Democrats slightly leading the President by a margin of two percentage points. Forty-three (43%) of Americans surveyed said they trusted Democrats more, compared with forty-one (41%) percent who were in favor of the President, on issues of national security.

www.rasmussenreports.com
Just 17% of Americans believe Dubai Ports World should be allowed to purchase operating rights to several U.S. ports. A Rasmussen Reports survey found that 64% disagree and believe the sale should not be allowed (see crosstabs).

Just 39% of Americans know that the operating rights are currently owned by a foreign firm. Fifteen percent (15%) believe the operating rights are U.S. owned while 46% are not sure.

From a political perspective, President Bush's national security credentials have clearly been tarnished due to the outcry over this issue. For the first time ever, Americans have a slight preference for Democrats in Congress over the President on national security issues. Forty-three percent (43%) say they trust the Democrats more on this issue today while 41% prefer the President.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Now we see the pendulum swing...

It will be interesting to see whether this is confirmed by subsequent polls and whether these changing views will have a substantial impact on the next elections...

Here are the Rasmussen charts:

[edit on 25-2-2006 by loam]

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Is nothing more that a good National security issue to win the harts and minds of the American people.

It work for the Republicans and now the tables are turned and Democrats are cashing out on it.

I think that the close doors deal of the administration with the Dubai firm and Bush been willing to veto has spark a chore in the American peoples minds that has been so worked out about the issue of national security, the war on terror and who has been targeted as our enemies.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Yeah, remember a little thing called "Protectionist Economy". While it caused the Depression in part...it did something else. It caused the economic crisis in Germany after WWI, thus allowing Hitler to come to power.

Bush is not an idiot, they realize that the world needs to become more interconnected. The Democrats want to shut-off the US from the rest of the world...like the Soviet Union did.

That'll be the death of the US...

The Democrats are nothing short of retards and I could do their job better than all of them put together.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Stratrf_Rus

Take your INTELLECTUAL DISHONESTY elsewhere, 'cause I ain't buyin'

In speeches, administration enthusiasm for free trade abounds. "Fearful people build walls around America," said the president this spring, but "confident people make sure there are no walls." In practice, however, Mr. Bush seems to reach for the trowel and mortar every other week to slap on another brick of protectionism.

Source.

George W. Bush, Protectionist

Analysis: Bush's protectionist tendency

Bush as Fake Free-Trader

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Is nothing more that a good National security issue to win the harts and minds of the American people.

It work for the Republicans and now the tables are turned and Democrats are cashing out on it.

I think that the close doors deal of the administration with the Dubai firm and Bush been willing to veto has spark a chore in the American peoples minds that has been so worked out about the issue of national security, the war on terror and who has been targeted as our enemies.

We dont agree on alot marg, but here I do, as Im actually a dishearted conservative who was disappointed with the US decision to turn over ownership of ports.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Thanks Xphiles, you know the deal would have gone with not problems and as usual like any deals in our nation that has to do with foreign countries.

But 9/11 was a big tragedy in our nation, and politicians in both side of the political groups made a big deal about our national security to work out the American people into votes.

Now this is very much an issue in every American minds and now is back firing in a way that the Administration while cashing out on it to keep the war on terror and US in the middle east is not good when it comes with business deals.

Now Americans are very much aware of what is going on and with who our nations holds business deals with.

Before all this port issue I was one that had no clue that our nation's ports were run by foreign firms.

I did know that US has many foreign investors buying out America but that was the extend of my knowledge.

Stratrf_Rus

While is OK to voice your point of views is not OK to turn it into an insult. You know very well that the business deals in our nation has been going on for a long time and to maintain a healthy economy they will be done as usual.

But this one in particular is touching a very sensible issue, national security.

I agree that it has been turned into a political issue but so was the 9/11, Iraq invasion and the middle east to benefit one political group or another.

top topics

join