It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers Beware...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
HAH yeah maybe with a floor jack and a dolly. Most high end systems aren't rinky dink set it on top of your desk servers. They are big, hot, power hungry beasts.

Sure if you're going to target an entire rack of servers...

However, with blade servers and the likes gaining popularity, you really woudln't need to pull the whole rack.

apc

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
You would if it were locked... (yes yes yes I know... break the door, pick the lock... you get the point).

The logistics of what you are talking about are pretty obscene... break into a NOC, break into the racks, and steal individual 1U servers? This isn't a job for hackers! It's a job for hired morons! If a hacker were involved at all with a physical attack they would just install rootkits and run away.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Volatile
I've been hacking for about a decade now, and I have to say; I do NOT think this can be cracked.
-
We can't even decrypt the markings on a pyramit's wall in Giza.

well after 10 years, you should know the difference between a hacker and a cracker.

unless you know something different, the only markings EVER found in ANY of the Giza pyramids, are grafitti'd names of the pyramid builders and what may or may not be something which says it was khufu's pyramid (depends if you believe it was hoaxed) and we know this because we DID decipher hieroglyphics once we knew how ... the rosetta stone

theres no such thing as 'cant' with computers - if someone designed it, someone else will will break it. theres always a way round.....

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
This uses the ideas of quantum physics: bascially that an observer changes the makeup of a particle- so if you all took any time to look into the basic function of this "coding technique" you WOULD find that it is impossible to crack- when the information is viewed the observer can be immediately detected and the transmission stopped, thereby denying the intruder to recieve little to any information.

[edit on 1-3-2006 by txdan06]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   
not so. any code that can be created, and deciphered by proper means, can also inevitably be deciphered by illegal means (hacked).
as for quanum physics, think about a quantum computer, tackling this task....
i admit it would probably not happen in the immediate future, but as another member mentioned, it will happen....

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I REPEAT... this is the workings of quantum physics and does NOT allow anyone to crack it, its not simply just code: that can be cracked, but this is the means by which the information is transfered making it impossible to view the information without the orgionial senders knowing. ALL codes can be cracked but this isnt a code- remember this is a means of transporting the code!!

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Indeed, there's no cracking a quantum code, but that doesn't change the fact that there's no such thing as total security. Vulnerabilities exist at EVERY other step of the way. The data has to be entered into the emitter somehow, so that's a weak-spot, and there are still presumably people on both ends which presents the biggest vulnerability.

Total security is and always will be an illusion.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
ok, here's one for you - if this system truely IS uncrackable and is 100% secure....should it actually be allowed?

think carefully before you answer

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
ok, here's one for you - if this system truely IS uncrackable and is 100% secure....should it actually be allowed?

The government (considering conspiracies about them really are true.) will indeed try to keep the technology from being published to other countries.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
To my knowledge hackers aren't hacking into stuff this way anyhow. I think there will be ways around it. Specifically hackers are picking stuff up at the "nodes" not "in transit".

The engineers who have set this system up will be able to crack it although they might not be motivated to do so.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Volatile

Originally posted by justyc

The government (considering conspiracies about them really are true.) will indeed try to keep the technology from being published to other countries.

well, the government dont really have a say in it as there are at least 2 private companies selling the technology NOW ( news.bbc.co.uk... ) although at present, only those with vast amounts of money can afford to buy it.

however, how do you know all the employees are honest and loyal? the more the technology is used, the more open to abuse it is.

and do you REALLY think, under present world paranoid conditions, that this technology would be allowed onto the open market if it WASN'T hackable somehow?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join