It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energetically speaking: What are the "CHILLS"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I know we all get the chills from time to time, but has anyone noticed a correlation between them and specific energy exchanges?

I used to get the "chills" or a rush of energy when I would read something that really hit home, for instance I remember reading a sentence in a book that hit me to the core and I had a HUGE rush of energy ("chills") from head to toe that lasted for about a minute, and so I took that as an indication of coming into TRUTH for myself.

Lately, however I have been getting the same feeling when talking to people, when the exchange is "Right On"
... Example: I was talking with a lady at work yesterday and she said something that I really understood, and we BOTH got the "chills". Its been happening a lot like this lately and I am just wondering what is going on energetically when this occurs.

Because I do not have the sight for this sort of thing I would love for someone who does to explain this furthur

Danke
MMMarie

[edit on 25-2-2006 by MerryMistressMarie]

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I am getting these 'chills' down my back multiple times a day now, and the frequency keeps growing. It's like a weird muscle spasm sort of thing.

The old wives tale goes that every time you get a chill up your spine, it's because someone is walking on your grave after you die.

Sometimes I get it randomly, but it is at it's strongest point, like you say, when you feel weird connections with things. Whether it's talking to someone, or even just seeing a very inspirational and emotional commercial. During the Olympics, there is normally at least one commerical good enough to give me 'the chills'. Celtic music has a tendency to do it too.

It may have something to do with Kundalini, an energy related to the chakras that runs from your coccyx bone up your spine to your skull as you learn to harness it. It could also be the chi energy talked about by the Chinese. Some people who believe in the "pole shift" may believe that everyone is getting these as a symptom of the coming changes.

I'm sure there is a logical medical explaination on the internet somewhere though, just like the "falling sensation" thing when you are asleep.

The only article I could find was this one that seems to be more about shivering, but I don't think the "chills" thing is related to shivering, as it tends to only affect the back, and you aren't cold at the time that it happens.

[edit on 25-2-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Yarcofin,

I have considered that this experience could be kundaini energy. Thats something to think more about- thanks I will check into it a bit more

For me, the experience is more expansive- it may run from my head to my feet, but at the same time it feels like my auric field explodes( for lack of a better word) for a second or two.

When you mention the pole shift, do you mean the big SHIFT, the Ascension process that many poeple all over the world are supposedly experiencing?

I have started relying on the chill experience
(and no, Its not shivering or cold
as a truth detector. When this happens I just try and trust that the universe is telling me to pay attention to what I am being taught at that moment.

Glad to know someone else out there understands

Celtic Music has always resonated deeply with me.
I just went to Scotland in October for the first time and cannot wait to return someday...
I would love to do lots of Isle hopping the next time around!

Blessings,
MMMarie

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I too have noticed these chills have been increasing in frequency and intensity lately. I thought it was just me. I really am starting to believe people's vibrational state is changing to a higher frequency, not everyone, but it is happening I do believe.

It may have something to do with Kundalini, an energy related to the chakras that runs from your coccyx bone up your spine to your skull as you learn to harness it.

I feel most strongly about the above quote than any other explanation I have pondered so far.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
~~

greetings MMM

i too have had a period of thinking that this was a form of a Kundalini Fire,

being that the (spine tingle/ chill ) pleasurable experience was more 'real' or 'tangible' than that whispy feeling of a 'De Ja Vu' experience.

even toyed with the notions that the tingle=chill=electricity that makes one's brain numb & flows thru ones spine & might even reach the fingertips,
as generating from some sort of cosmic collective...
because it most happens when one is in sense of deep communication/ empathy/ or some such spiritual state of love-altruism-brotherhood...

or perhaps it happens because of an interplay of the aura which surrounds each person...and the 'frequency' triggers the feeling.
then theres the really mystical thing, which might be explained that two(or more) individuals life forces, in close proximity, create rips or portals in our time-space-dimension and the blowback washes over our 'souls=spiritual bodies'

but all that gets in the Phantasmic realm...
i suppose that the chill-shudder-flow of electricity...
...or whatever....
is just another survival tool !!....your brain might just be sending out dopomine so that one will experience a momentary 'rush' of pleasure...
and commit that incident or person or moment in time to memory
....and here is where it all goes down into the deeper psych & subconscious world of wherefores & therebys and such.

Why don't we all have thousands of these events throughout or lives??
probably because our 'rational minds' are like the Narc Police, and tends to suppress these spontaneous chemical rushes from our brain....

have a nice day

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Er peeps how about just plain old flight or fight chemistry from the body?

You read / see / hear some thing that triggers a specific memory / feeling / sensation, and the body shivers or gives you the 'chills' because of the adrenalin dumped into the blood to make you ready for action ie fight or flight.

There is a paranormal aspect to this though ( Not the chemistry but the reactions to seemingly nothing at the time) as some times people see another person / animal / area and respond to danger that the eyes just cannot see ie you get the shivers on a sunny day walking along a high street...and wham, you get the feeling you need to run or be ultra aware but for what reason you do not know. A very interesting area of human nature, as its actually not very well understood. We can measure and state the chemistry and physiology, but the WHY, well thats normally put down to survinig and evolution.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
MadGreebo,

The thing is, most of these things don't happen while people are scared or nervous. In fact, they usually happen in good, memorable situations that you wouldn't want to run away from. Few, if any, are caused by a fight-or-flight response, that is something I would consider as entirely separate as shivering from being cold.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
no sorry but im not saying that you are conciouse of being scared or needing to fight, but your mind IS. Theres a huge difference. I actually agree witha paranormal reasoning behind some of the responses, such as entering a room for the first time and feeling ' like some walked over my grave' or 'Thats freaky...' and having a shiver.

A person cannot take in and analyse all the info the eyes recieve, so the brain filters out alot of it and gives you editied high lights if you like. Your brain may actually be screaming the place down but your eyes dont know why..... You are unaware, but your MIND wants to fight or flight.

Ever been on a dark road at night, driving along and feeling scared for no reason and getting the shivers? Its your mind telling you its seen some thing it doesn't like and that you missed. Its a very very good reflex thats kept man sane for thousands of years.

[edit on 25-2-2006 by MadGreebo]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
~~

greetings MMM

even toyed with the notions that the tingle=chill=electricity that makes one's brain numb & flows thru ones spine & might even reach the fingertips,
as generating from some sort of cosmic collective...
because it most happens when one is in sense of deep communication/ empathy/ or some such spiritual state of love-altruism-brotherhood...

or perhaps it happens because of an interplay of the aura which surrounds each person...and the 'frequency' triggers the feeling.
then theres the really mystical thing, which might be explained that two(or more) individuals life forces, in close proximity, create rips or portals in our time-space-dimension and the blowback washes over our 'souls=spiritual bodies'

Ah, perfect words. This is exactly what I think is happening, St. Udio! Well, I understand everything until you get to portals in time-space dimension.
I will have to think about what that exactly means.

I do not feel this rush of energy has anything to do with flight or fight because like someone else posted, this rush of energy is always pleasurable and NOT the same as say:

When you have think fast to avoid a car accident and their is that rush of adrenaline that goes straight to the head, and almost painfully so, for me.
This sensation also happens when someone sneaks up behind me and scares the crap out of me.

I have also noticed this painful adrenaline rush BEFORE something happens (like a split-second before, anyway)- but mostly when I try and catch something inportant from spilling or falling, like hot coffee or that heriloom vase! These experiences seem to fit more into the flight or fight category, in my opinion.

The human body is a strange and marvelous thing, indeed!

MMMarie

top topics

join