It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Members vs. members

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
hmmm well interesting discussion because I hadnt noticed.

It is a subtle thing but I feel the use of M or m comes through loud and clear.
I propose those with lower case are not as important than those who have capital M. Or due to the Serpo garb, those people with m are randoms so not expected to stay.

Now, I joined around the time of Serpo...and did not know anything about that hooo haa. But, I would be very very annoyed if my membership just as it coincided with Serpo meant less than someone else who joined 6 months before Serpo.

Maybe those with m are not valued and their info (apparrently different info than other Members had to fill out?) is used for marketing & advertising data?
Protect the Members and members who are quite possibly no more than randoms, use their info for money, or target them with more pop ups?

?

edit: hmm I have just read a post and that person joined TODAY and it says Member, not member??

[edit on 30-5-2006 by NJE777]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I don't even look at any of the indicators, like M vs m, points, the bar, the color, etc. I judge the post on its own merit.

by the way, what in the hell is that bar?

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
It doesn't work with Firefox.

If I right click the bar and select properties, the 'Alternate text' field shows me the member's or Member's post count.

<< 1   >>

join