It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WS10A Turbofan Engine was formally design certificated and named “ Taihang

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Great News, the OFFICIAL announcement from China aviation Group I : WS10A Turbofan Engine was formally design certificated and named “ Taihang

As usual, the WS-10A engine is named after a mountain in China, Like WS-9 is named after “qinglin”, a mountian near xian where WS9 is manufactured, Taihang is a famous mountain in North China.

The China aviation Group I official announcement site( In chinese) :

www.avic1.com.cn...

A brief translation of the report says: The years development of the “Taihang” result in a lot of advanced design and hundreds of new technologies and materials being developed and adopted into the new engine. The “tiahang”’s formal certification sees China’s military aviation now leaps from Turbojet era to Turbofan era. The Tiahang’s development not only entitles a powerful local heart to Chinese made fighter jets but also provides a great platform for further development of the WS10 series. And more importantly, the Chinese also have developed a strong term on engine R&D and hence will continue to push the Chinese Turbofan engine developments to the new height.

The Chinese WS10A Turbofan finished 4 month long endurance test successfully on Sept, 27,2005, after it started on may, 2005 as reported on the 1st page of oct 4th edition of official “ China Aviation Paper” . As the final and most critical major pre-production test or the final Certification Test finished, we expect the F110 grade engine soon will be ready to enter mass production to power J11 and then J10

Sourced completely from Pinko AFM

Let the speculation begin.

Well the speculation has rested about when the WS-10A will be finished.

Information about the WS-10A

Guess who is inspecting the engine

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Sounds good...
China sure has come a long way during these last couple of years...

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
All this is hitting us out of the blue...

Speculation anyone?

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Zhuhai Airshow 2006

Underslung gear box which suggest its for the J-10

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
WS-10A mounted on the J-11B> Gives more thrust than the AL-31F.

13,500kg compared to 12,700kg

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
hmmmmm reminds me very much of an F110 - since china have alot of CFM-56 engines which essentially uses the same core (or same class and size) as the F110

nice big tech jump

i wonder if this engine will be offered for the FC-1?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
i wonder if this engine will be offered for the FC-1?

Its to big. China have already developed a engine for it called with WS-13 which is similar to the RD-93 it uses now but boast more thrust.

Yes, apparently they used the CFM-56 core in development, although they changed the design somewhat

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
given that PAK is not happy with the FC-1 and PLF wants more J-10`s - will the FC-1 be offered to iran on the cheap?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
^^^

PAF Not happy?
Have I been in slumber for too long?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
i read a while back they wanted less because of the US F-16 order

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

They have actually increased their order to 250 I believe.

Pakistani-French negotiations proceed on JF-17 enhancement

Farhan Bokhari JDW Correspondent
Islamabad

A French Ministry of Defence (MoD) official has confirmed that France is in talks with Pakistan to supply missiles and radars for the JF-17 fighter aircraft.

Bruno Berthet, assistant director for international development at the French MoD, said on 26 February that a deal on missiles and radars for the JF-17 has not yet been reached. However, he added that "the talks are on the right track and there are diplomatic comings and goings between the two countries".

France has been in talks with Pakistan about acquiring MBDA MICA air-to-air missiles and Thales RC 400 multimission radars, as Jane's first revealed in September 2007, despite concerns over the risks of China gaining access to the technology.

Pakistan plans to acquire up to 250 JF-17s - which it is developing jointly with China - to replace ageing French Dassault Mirage III and Mirage 5 aircraft, as well as older Chinese F-7 fighters.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Do you have a source on that?

cw,

There have been long-running reports that the PAF is flirting with the Gripen and
Rafale as well. Are you saying that these reports are less credible than the
JF-17 French upgrades?

As far as I was aware, the Rafale/Gripen reports were rumored to be possible replacementsfor the much touted (but now not so much touted) Rose upgraded Mirage IIIs?

Also these Elta radar rumors for the JF-17 are just that right? rumors? Or is Israel warming up to Pakistan?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Are you saying that these reports are less credible than the
JF-17 French upgrades?

I dare say they are. The French themselves have confirmed it. I never followed the Rafale or Gripen banter so I really do not have a clear picture of how they developed. My opinion was the systems were to expensive to buy in large numbers

France is in talks on providing high-tech missile and radar systems for a jet fighter that Pakistan is developing with China, a Defense Ministry official confirmed Tuesday.

Such a deal on Pakistan's JF-17 fighter would likely be opposed by the United States and Taiwan, analysts have said, out of concern that China could reap sensitive military technology.

Bruno Berthet, assistant director for international development at the French Defense Ministry, said France is considering such concerns as it works toward signing a provisional deal that could allow Pakistan to obtain air-to-air missiles from France's MBDA and radars from Thales.
portfolio.com

for the much touted (but now not so much touted) Rose upgraded Mirage IIIs?

Also these Elta radar rumors for the JF-17 are just that right? rumors? Or is Israel warming up to Pakistan?

Probably, it must have been a slow day for the media. So when they saw a Pakistan and Israeli having a coffee, they started linking

join