It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

skateboarding and radio telescopes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 09:08 AM
link   
basically has anybody been inside the dish of a radio telescope.. and would it be smooth enough to skateboard inside without putting offroad wheels on your skateboard?

just say using vert wheels..

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   
oh and does anybody here skateboard and are they any good at it?

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 09:29 AM
link   
well this sunk like the proverbial lead brick...

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Its a good idea, but there arent that many radio telescopes that would allow you to do it ;-)

Kinda like asking to use the telescopes to look into the girls locker room.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 09:34 AM
link   
who said anything about them allowing anybody to do it... i wanted to know could it be done....

anyway if you built a sort of sound mirror in space.. could you use a radio telescope to pick up peoples communications anywhere it allows you to reflect the signal from?

because radio telescopes are pretty powerfull right so wouldnt they be able to pick up miniute radio waves on the planet??

[Edited on 6-10-2003 by The Blade Runner]

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 12:42 PM
link   
If anyone finds a way inside of a radio telescope, let me know. I'd like to try it, if it didn't work, i could still say I tried it.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
i just think it would be one great bowl.. you could get some serious manuals and stuff in it..

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I'd rather take my Haro in it though, I bet I could get some wicked air going back and forth inside of it.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by The Blade Runner

LOL SERIOUS MANUALS! Man, I needed that laugh! I have always thought about it too... except in a huge one like at Arecibo, Puerto Rico. Wouldn't get air, but if it was smooth enough you would be mobbin'!!! I think the smaller ones would be smooth enough, but isn't there stuff in the bowl?

EDIT: WOW, talk about a bump!
edit on 11-3-2012 by UltraDOSEcious because: Bump

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltraDOSEcious
reply to post by The Blade Runner

LOL SERIOUS MANUALS! Man, I needed that laugh! I have always thought about it too... except in a huge one like at Arecibo, Puerto Rico. Wouldn't get air, but if it was smooth enough you would be mobbin'!!! I think the smaller ones would be smooth enough, but isn't there stuff in the bowl?

EDIT: WOW, talk about a bump!
edit on 11-3-2012 by UltraDOSEcious because: Bump

'

Quite the Necromancer.

top topics

join