It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOD - Kind or not

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
That's what I don't understand if God is kind or not. If in the Bible he tells us to turn the other cheek - then he does not. Why couldn't God forgive those instead of killing them?

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 05:23 AM
link   
God did send His only Son Jesus for the salvation of our souls. Without Jesus we'd end up being Satan's pin cushion. I think that is kind don't you think? I do.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 07:46 AM
link   
im sorry but i dont think you guys don't understand. God cannot interfere with our problems. why? because we HAVE to solve them ourselves or face being desrtoyed or destroying ourselves. because if God saved us from our problems WE built, mostly everyone would expect God to do it again, and again. and no man would try anymore and just let God do all the work. what would be the point in our creation then. and i personally think that the flood put out by God in the bible is true and might possibly happen again if we dont destroy the whole world. God had to do it, he had to wipe out creation, because if he didnt, the killing and the stealing, and all the bad things would still be bred into us humans. God had to start from scratch again. the real point of our creation is to break away from all that, and find a higher purpose in life. i dont know what your purpose, but i know what mine is.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Is to totally disregard ones origins,to arrogantly think that one is responsible for his/her own existence.
God is the guy/gal who gave you life,your molecules could just as well been arranged into the form of a rock,but you are a living breathing,thinking human,supposedly the dominant species on the planet.
Sometimes I wonder if life is not some form of cruel joke.
Intelligence doesn't seem to get along well with reality,sometimes I wonder if intelligence is not just an absence of morals,modesty and kindness.Did you ever see a herd of deer,or a pack of wolves attack and anihilate one another?,NO!.
Technology is the enemy,it makes us more helpless than when we were born,it makes us forget how to think (What?,I'll do a google search and have the answer pronto).
Greed is what destroys,technology is not so user friendly which causes dependency of those who use it but don't know how to service the devices they depend on.
Things used to be right,and they will be again someday.
You humans are not so powerful as you think you are.
Gravity:Go ahead puny humans,try to escape me,you cannot no matter how hard you try,you will always succumb to my will.
I fear that God is the only truly kind soul left in the universe,if he really had a bad bone in his "body"?,he would wipe the human race from the face of the whole universe,Lord knows a lot of us deserve it.
Like the destruction of Sodom and Gamorrah,he would not destroy those cities unless he could not find one righteous soul within them...

[Edited on 9-10-2003 by uNBaLaNCeD]

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD
Sometimes I wonder if life is not some form of cruel joke.
Intelligence doesn't seem to get along well with reality,sometimes I wonder if intelligence is not just an absence of morals,modesty and kindness.Did you ever see a herd of deer,or a pack of wolves attack and anihilate one another?,NO!.

While I do agree with you almost 100% Unbalanced I would also like to alter a couple ideas.

Scientific Methods do get some harsh judgement in today's world. I personally do not see science as the destroyer of Morals since Destroying Morals and Peace, Love, Kindness, etc. was being done before science. Science has just become the newest tool of which to destroy those morals with. Science in it's most honest unbiased sense is actually looking for the same answer as Religious or Spiritual Practices. They all are searching for Universal Truth, just in somewhat different ways. IMO Religion talks a lot about "Why" while Science gets sidetracked about "How". Both I feel both are needed as a means of keeping the other "honest" and "accountable" for it's methods and claims. Science and Religion are equally dangerous when weilded in the hands of the Wicked.

[Edited on 9-10-2003 by mOjOm]

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Good things happen to bad people, and bad things happen to good people. Get used to it. It's random. But, bad things tend to happen, more often, to ignorant and/or careless people. There are no strings. We're not god's toys. However, everyone does die for a reason. Only an autopsy can tell what that reason was, in some cases. Stupidity is probably the #1 cause for death and/or misfortune.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Ok, this seems like a question that can be answered in a few logical steps.

1st. Anyone not believing in God has to be set aside on the basis that God couldn't be neither Kind or UnKind if He/She/It doesn't exist in the first place.

2nd. For those believing in God "The Creator", God I believe would be considered Kind since He/She/It did make everyone and everything in the Universe and has allowed us to experience what was Created and with Free Choice (Free, aside from some Universal Restrictions of course). So since Someone's Life and being wouldn't even be here without God Creating it, that persons choice to view it kind or not is irrelevent. If God Created a Person and allowed for life to last but a minute then take it away, atleast He/She/It was Kind enough to allow that single minute to happen than not at all. Also God Created everything, Gave Us Free Choice to live within it how we please, but recommend we Live a Life of Love, Kindness, etc. Then let us be. Man continues to hurt man. God gave us free choice. If he stops us from making bad choices he'd be going back on his Word to Us which he won't do, so it's up to us to stop hurting each other, not Him.

Note: Don't try Debunking this by using Scripture and Quotes from the Bible either. The Bible WAS written by man, edited by man and has been interpreted and preached by man. It may be about God but was not written Signed, Sealed or Made Certain and Unchangeable by God Himself. Also those who have written what God has spoken to them also cannot be Verified as Factual as such Words were not spoken to all for cross verification.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Below is a link:

home.earthlink.net...

Here is my answer

Michael :-)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join