It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling in fire with green hand held laser pointers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne

Green lasers already exist; the previously referenced company Wicked Lasers makes some, although they cost a lot of money, several hundred bucks, but they seem to be high quality.

they are very good quality. sure they cost a couple hundred. but when you want to point out a specific pipe in a crowded pipeway during the daylight hours, it sure can come in handy.

Yeah, that would definitely do damage to your eyes, but I'm not sure if it would burn you or not. I suppose it might do some minor damage to the surface of the skin if you used it on one spot for awhile, but I wouldn't test that out, myself. Definitely keep it out of the eyes (and other people's eyes!) I remember reading once about some guy awhile back who got in a really deep pile of crap for pointing a hand-held laser pointer at a passing aircraft. If I recall correctly, he got charged under the patriot act as a terrorist, because he was messing with planes.

the 75mw one will make your skin warm after a bit. the 300mw one would probably cause a blister. but i'm not going to try it, b/c i dont have that one and b/c i don't have the goggles that would prevent damage to my eyes also the reflection off your hand at close range is similar to looking at the sun

there've been a couple of people point lasers at planes here in the north west. so far everyone who has, has been found and arrested with a fine.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
the video is also posted at this site.

Aviation Videos

click on the AC130 over Mosul.

you can clearly hear them say in both videos that "there's an IR spotlight, here they come"

so yes it is in night vision and with an ir laser designator

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Those same lasers can be picked up from astronomy stores for about $85.00 and hooked up if you know how.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join