It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP ME. my pc won't except DirectX 9.0 or 8.1 properly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Text NavyTextText

help me some one its gone weird. my computer has:
winXP on a pc that has a 1200Mhz Intel prosseser ( Bios says Intel Penium III. win XP says Celeron. dum ante it
). 512Mb SDRAM on a MSI motherbourd with Intel Chipset (what a load of poo :bnghd: ) and Award BIOS. it did have onbourd Intel AGP 64mb shaird Grafix(
:bnghd: SO POOOOOOO) but i installed an AGP Sapphire ATI 9200se Atlantis Card and that is one of my problems.

DirectX has a DLL called qasf.dll that is out of date (10.00.0000.3802)and it asks me on the diagnotic tool to install a newer version (9.0c) and every time i try, it won't copy the files when i go through the setup wizard, and it gives me a popup alert, saying> DirectX Files weren't coped< so, i installed a game called starfleet command3 which only requiers DirectX v8.1 but ervery time i run the game it says that DirectX is not insalled when it is(and DirectX says it 9.0c).

thanks for reading. pleas help im at a loss to what it is.
sorry for the bad spelling, im dislexic.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Oh and my pc won't install microsoft's SP2 ether.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 05:30 AM
link   
That doesn't sound so good. What I would try first of all is to clean the computer of bad registry entries, temporary files and so on. You can do that with a very nice application called Tuneup utilities. The application creates a shortcut that does most of the cleaning operations at once.

If that doesn't work I would try a reformat/reinstall. To make the installation process easier and to skip all the updating afterwards I would "nlite" the XP disc which integrates all the updates including SP2 and removes all the unwanted junk. You can find it here.

[edit on 2006-2-28 by bracke]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reever
Oh and my pc won't install microsoft's SP2 ether.

I take it yo'uve got a legit copy of Windows ;o)

How far does it get through installing SP2 before it gives up?

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Let me ask some simple questions:

Have you installed the motherboard driver(s)?

Have you installed a new video driver?

Have you removed a videodriver-removing videodrivers "can" remove dierect x also.

Did you install xp service pack 1a before trying to install direct x 9c or service pack 2?

Try this, download and install sp1a and reboot

Now download and install service pack 2

ALso, have you done antivirus and anti-spy scans to cleanup the rig?
If you don't have any, here is a list of free programs you need:

AdAwear se, spybot search and distroy, ccleaner and if you don't have any, try free avg antivirus. Install all the programs and update them all and reboot.

Run Cclearer first, then run spybot, then run adawear, then run avg.

Now try defraging the harddrive: start>programs>accessaries>system tools>defragmenter.

top topics

join