It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mysteries learned and abused?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
So many claim masonry is evil or at least there is some hidden element of evil or inner curcle. Someone told me if a person is higher up in this world and has obtained every goal of power,wealth an dthe mysteries what is left to do? I thought about this and it was a good point but I reall doubt people would go the evil route first. I imagine there is some greed in everything a person learns but as far as the mysteries go. I doubt it.

Anyone really think there is a select group that has uncovered the mysteries and powers if you will and abuses them or has plans to?

Also most bible loving folks don't agree with the theory,thought or practive of anything in an Ghostic practice. Do you thing this is the biggest reason how a group can be tagged as satanic or have evil intentions.?

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by nsawantsmedead
So many claim masonry is evil or at least there is some hidden element of evil or inner curcle. Someone told me if a person is higher up in this world and has obtained every goal of power,wealth an dthe mysteries what is left to do? I thought about this and it was a good point but I reall doubt people would go the evil route first. I imagine there is some greed in everything a person learns but as far as the mysteries go. I doubt it.

It is my opinion that the true mysteries cannot be abused. Nature will render her secrets only to those who She deems worthy, and can use them responsibly. This is what initiation symbolizes: the candidate is "tested" throughout the several degrees, which only represents the true internal initiation. As the Neophyte ritual in the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn states, God is the initiator of the heart.

Also most bible loving folks don't agree with the theory,thought or practive of anything in an Ghostic practice. Do you thing this is the biggest reason how a group can be tagged as satanic or have evil intentions.?

Probably yes, assuming you meant "Gnostic". However, the mysteries themselves are not historically Gnostic. Gnosticism was just one of many schools and faith (including early orthodox Christianity) which researched the mysteries.

new topics

join