It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lesson From Quantum Mechanics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   

37"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

39He also told them this parable: "Can a blind man lead a blind man? Will they not both fall into a pit? 40A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher.

41"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 42How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Luke 6:37-42

In quantum physics, there is a principle by which the Heisenburg Uncertainty Principle is based off of. When you have a particle and want to measure it, you will find what you are looking for. For instance, if you're looking at a photon, and you're looking at it to display wave behaviors, it will display wave behaviors, and if you're looking at it to display particle behaviors, it will display particle behaviors. If you measure it to see both...

An aspect of quantum mechanics is this measurement principle. If you want to find the velocity of a particle, you can never know its position, but if you want to find the position, you can never know the velocity. If you want to measure both, you will see both.

Christ is talking about this same principle when he speaks of the speck in your brother's eye and the plank in your own. When we judge someone, we are effectively placing a plank in our own eye, blinding us to what God could show us and teach us through that person. We become so focused on that sin we perceive, based on our judgment, that we can't see anything else.

We have, effectively, measured them by that judgment, or position in the Quantum metaphor, and have, as a result, lost the ability to see what God wants us to see, or velocity in the quantum metaphor. I have been guilty of this, especially here on ATS. I have slotted various members into categories in my mind, and have responded to the judged person in my mind, instead of to what they have said or who they really are. As Christ said in the passage I quoted, "Give [judgment] and [judgment] will be given you".

I apologize to all of you because, to one degree or another, I have judged every one of you. Some I have condemned, others I have risen up, and have been blinded as a result.

It's really remarkable how God's creation can teach us deeper meaning in His Word.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
doesn't all this take place at some dimension below 10 to the -32 centimeters???

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Quantum effects do, yes, but I didn't mean that judgment was causing a quantum effect in our minds. I was simply talking about how behaviors in God's creation are reflected back in his word. This analogy helped me to understand God's Word and character better than I had understood it three days ago.

I was pointing out that when we're focused on what's wrong with someone, we can miss the whole picture. All we'll see is that speck, the problem, and eventually in our minds that person will become that speck. The plank blinds us to who that person really is, and what God wants us to learn from them.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Having a god catharsis are Ya? When the 16th century English wrote the parable about looking at others with prejudice they had not the slightest idea what a quantum might be. To make a lame and nonexistant association between modern knowledge with the writers of the KJV is a streatch even for Jesus people.
Science does not support religion and all the misquotes of scientists notwithstanding, Quantum Mechanics may support lots of things but religious misassumption is not one of them.
Believe in Jesus if you wish. Consider the KJV to be the enerrant word of god if you wish and can deny all the obvious contrsadictions; believe that there are angels, with wings because that is how medieval peoples understood flight and they wanted their angel creations to have the ability to fly down from heaven. Believe, believe, believe but don't look to science for support.
Trust your believe enough not to require it to be proven to you...or...drop it altogether and if you can make other christians do the same and give the rest of us a moments peace, well...good for you.
skep

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
No, not having a catharsis, just coming to understand God's word better and better every day. Again, the quantum mechanics reference was just a metaphor to explain what Christ was talking about in regards to the plank in judgment.

If you want to discuss science and its support of Christianity, or, from your apparent perspective, the delusional Christian idiots disregarding science and contradictions in the Bible, I suggest this thread, this thread or this forum. I do agree with you, though, quantum mechanics doesn't support religious misassumption.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
IF there is a God (and I know there is and truly believe all souls will eventually know this, as well) and IF God created all that is (and I sincerely believe that this is true--nature is too exquisitely perfect and orderly to be random)...

then it logically follows that:

God is, without question, THE supreme Scientist--in all fields, including and especially Quantum Physics. And not only that, He does the math, too, because He is THE expert Mathematician.

However, even the greatest and most knowledgeable Scientist in all of creation cannot force learning into a head that is closed off to all pre-judged ideas, stiff and swollen with the pseudo-wisdom that the ego presents as 'knowledge'.

And Jake, your post was truly inspiring in its candor and humility. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

new topics

top topics

join