It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the world is a more dangerous place because of George W. Bush

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by danJ
PORT SECURITY

At this time I feel that no Arab controlled or owned company should have such a major control in the US.

Why? Because of their color? Religion? Race? They aren't terrorists you know. They have no affiliation with them... Other than being from the same geographic region. But lets lump all arabic people into one big group and keep them ALL away from our country.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Carseller4 said:

If the world is a more dangerous place, it is because of Bill Clinton. He was President for 8 years and did nothing. Some of his inactions led directly to 9/11.

I think Bush is doing a great job. Without his leadership after 9/11 no telling where this country would be. How many times would we had been attacked with some weak Democrat in charge?

The last President to be so ravaged by the media was Ronald Reagan, and all Reagan did was defeat the Soviet Union.

Yup, blame it on Bill, typical divisive crap. Everything Bush does ultimately is Clintons fault!

Yep, Bush is doing a great job, no telling how much better you would be with someone ELSE in charge of good ole' Yooo,Es,AY. At least he's not whippin pansies at the bad guys like Kerry would have done
, "Take that, whaddaya think of that flower power, smell nice don't they, MUAhahahahaaaaaaa!!!

Reagan defeat the Soviet Union! Now that's funny, and to think that I always thought that the Soviet Union collapsed on it's own, just needed that piece of straw to break it's back.
All hail Reagan!

That's it! From now on, all my history lessons and political learnin' will be learned from Carseller4!

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor

Originally posted by truthseeka
No matter what Chimp Face and his cronies do, these people LOVE it! They absolutely LOVE it! Free speech zones in America, they LOVE it! Attacking countries for no reason, they LOVE it! Arresting people because they disagree with Chimp Face, THEY LOVE IT!!

Care to debate port security? Or do you prefer to say absolutely nothing that contributes to the thread? Like maybe support your broad opinions with some facts. Or, you just jumping on the bandwagon. Yeah, you know what I mean. You did get one point across real well...

Showing your ignorance on the subject of what realists love.

What for?

If you are focused on this port security thing, you are the ignorant one. That's only one example of foreign interests controlling stuff here (not yet for the ports). This port thing is a joke.

I prefer to talk about how the world is more dangerous because of Bush. You have any idea how much anti-American sentiment is growing in the world? The bad thing is, the rest of the world usually could distinguish our govt from our citizens, but now, they're starting to blame us as well. Even though we had no choice that Bush would be re-installed.

So you rag Clinton? Ha, so what, me too. He's a globalist just like Bush is. Oh, did you miss how the Bush family wants to ADOPT Clinton?

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I prefer to talk about how the world is more dangerous because of Bush. You have any idea how much anti-American sentiment is growing in the world?

Because of Bush heh? That's where we differ on opinion... Can't blame one guy for the feelings of all the disenfranchised. Like I said, you can blame Bush all you want... I'm sure you hated the bastard before he took office. I could say the same thing about you types of people; In a similar fashion of your earlier post. Bush could cure world hunger and you would STILL HATE HIM.

Yes I know how much anti-American sentiment is growing around the world. It happens in cycles. They will get over it... Just like they always do. Ask me if I give a rats ass what the rest of the world thinks about the U.S.A.

So you rag Clinton? Ha, so what, me too. He's a globalist just like Bush is. Oh, did you miss how the Bush family wants to ADOPT Clinton?

I have no clue what you are talking about here. I never mentioned one thing about ex-President Clinton. Actually, now that I think about it, I never once mentioned that I was a Bush supporter. Nice to see you can label a person quick and easy though.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
To begin with, a) I don’t want to debate port security and b) I have no desire to compare the Clinton years of hope and prosperity with the visionless, arrogant and reckless era of Bush & Co. What’s the point?

The original intent of this thread, as I read it, was an inquiry into why any mindful, thinking person would support and defend GWB, considering the gross failures and lack of good judgment repeatedly shown by him and his administration.

My answer to that is that we (the US) are a nation of idiots. On the whole, we are not mindful, thinking people. Thus, we have GWB. We voted him in for a 2nd term, after all. The dummification of America has finally taken root, and George Dubya is the poster child who will lead us into the new Dark Ages. His mission will be completed once we have descended into 2nd class nation status, complete with failed educational and economic systems, no health care for the poor, inability to accommodate the elderly in retirement, no credibility or respect from the rest of the world, in isolation and cowering in fear that those who “hate our freedoms”, Democracy and the American way are out to get us and may attack mercilessly at any moment.

What a positive vision our leader puts before us. A world of gloom and doom, desperation and paranoia, violence and death, and all to satisfy the arrogant and self-serving needs of a spoiled rich kid with delusions of grandeur; a kid who never grew up, but now plays army with real guns and tanks, and with real lives. In my lifetime, and to my recollection, there has been no other administration that has so degraded the quality of our daily lives, has been so divisive, blatantly dishonest and disingenuous and has accomplished so little. It will take generations to undo the damage done by this administration’s reckless agenda. This is not the America of old. It’s not the America I grew up in and proudly proclaimed as my home. It’s become a much more violent, selfish and greedy nation, and GWB represents us best.

I guess what I’m getting at is that it’s not only George Bush that is bringing this country down; it’s all of us. We share the responsibility for whatever destiny awaits us. I only hope we’re not so far along that we can’t change course and recapture the greatness we once enjoyed. We need a positive vision and something to strive for; something large that outshines everything else, epitomizes greatness and can be held up high for the whole world to look up to for inspiration and hope. We need to quit being the world’s biggest thug, get back on track and focus more on leading humanity into a brave, new world of technological magic.

The above, of course, is MHO. To my way of thinking, if the US eventually takes a fall, then it will not be a consequence of any individual’s actions. As much as I despise GWB, I can’t give him all the credit for our failure as a world leader ...

[edit on 3/2/2006 by netbound]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Information is what distinguishes us between the decision made by the president and people like yourself and me. An example would be the information on the ports. Clearly stated before it was sold to a middle eastern countries to protect the interest of USA.

The information that we all work off is what we get from newspapers and articles put on the net. On the other hand the president is working on first hand information. He has to make judgements calls which could change the face of US. I would presume he would have a hectic task on his hand and the consequences faced due to a failed judgement call. I am sure we all would agree that non of us are immune from making mistakes. We grow from them and so will the president, if he has made a mistake. What is happening in Iraq and the message passed to the public as reasons for the invasion is a different issue. I think it would be tough to provide information on the real motives. I however have strongly believed that US should not have invaded Iraq, under any pretex.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
You Americans are totally hookwinked by the media.

The purpose of the "port scare" was so some bush cronies could take it over.

Its like you honestly believe there is some controversy here.

You are putty in the hands of the media and industry insiders. Dummy.

Originally posted by knowledge23
Information is what distinguishes us between the decision made by the president and people like yourself and me. An example would be the information on the ports. Clearly stated before it was sold to a middle eastern countries to protect the interest of USA.

The information that we all work off is what we get from newspapers and articles put on the net. On the other hand the president is working on first hand information. He has to make judgements calls which could change the face of US. I would presume he would have a hectic task on his hand and the consequences faced due to a failed judgement call. I am sure we all would agree that non of us are immune from making mistakes. We grow from them and so will the president, if he has made a mistake. What is happening in Iraq and the message passed to the public as reasons for the invasion is a different issue. I think it would be tough to provide information on the real motives. I however have strongly believed that US should not have invaded Iraq, under any pretex.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The fact that you believe that this whole game wasn't planned, shows how
totally fooled you are by the media. The were imploded...get it?

The president is irrelevent. Presidents don't act.

You are a totally dumb American.

The fact that people believe this #, actually shows how easy it is to pull off!

Originally posted by Carseller4
If the world is a more dangerous place, it is because of Bill Clinton. He was President for 8 years and did nothing. Some of his inactions led directly to 9/11.

I think Bush is doing a great job. Without his leadership after 9/11 no telling where this country would be. How many times would we had been attacked with some weak Democrat in charge?

The last President to be so ravaged by the media was Ronald Reagan, and all Reagan did was defeat the Soviet Union.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I do agree that this invasion on Iraq by the President was not called for. However you must realise that US economy is heavily based on oil/petroleum. The war in the gulf carried out by Bush Snr was a different matter. Saddem invaded kuwait. Motives, to gain control of Oil. This would give him the control to the pulse of US. Not only did US participate in the War but other countires did help liberate Kuwait. Not sure if there were civil riots due to the liberation. The same goes back if we think about Russia, when then decided to have missiles set up in Cuba. JFK did threaten to use nuclear missiles if Russia did not remove the missles from Cuba. To protect the countries interest, is a part of every citizen on this earth, but unfortunately for a country it is the president who takes the decision.

I am sure youll agee with the stance that US is a super power and with power comes the stance to make tough decisions. For the US, with the power has come an inherit responsibility to ensure the safety of their interest and the development which lead them into the future.

As, i have clearly mentioned the reason for to liberate people in Iraq would not be the correct reason to invade a country as WMD did not turn out.

I would like to add that I am not an American Citizen nor do I live in US. However, this is from the information we get.

I think it would be a good discussion to discuss rather than calling people of other countries dumb. What goes around comes around. They are working and learning from the information which they get from the media. I am sure you would be doing the same.

Being Humble is a virtue and an attribute most tough to accomplish.

Apologise if I sounded too offensive.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I posted part of this elsewhere on ATS, but will post it here too, in slightly altered form:

The great majority of our stevedoring and port services are contracted to foreign companies. China, Singapore, the UK, and France I think top the list. This is the price you pay as Americans for prying open the rest of the worlds markets in the name of free trade. Sooner or later we have to practice what we preach.

Of course, depending on the deal of the weak- if it's Japan buying our computer firms, China buying our oil companies, or the UAE buying our ports, the capitalists who own American firms will be playing on all your patriotic xenophobic impulses to support their interests, because its easier than actually being competetive in a global marketplace.

But, if they want to sell American scrap metal to China, or rice to Japan, or military hardware to the UAE, all of a sudden, they'll start getting you all to sing songs about free trade going hand in hand with democracy.

Going back to the original topic of the thread, the world is clearly a much more dangerous place because of George W. Bush. We could have had a united alliance against terror after 9/11.. instead we have Iraq, where our troops die, civilians die, America's reputation as a global leader dies, and terrorists are created. To say nothing of the geopolitical consequences of a middle eastern nation in civil war.

[edit on 19-3-2006 by koji_K]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join