It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German court convicts man for insulting Islam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   

DUESSELDORF, Germany (Reuters) - A German court on Thursday convicted a businessman of insulting Islam by printing the word "Koran" on toilet paper and offering it to mosques.

news.yahoo.com...

This is the funniest and sadest thing I have ever read. This poor man had a brilliant idea and is 'sentenced" for insulating a 'religion'?

His only mistake was he used the term "koran"?

Where can I buy this toilet paper? This is brilliant stuff..........

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I think thats almost as good as the "oscurb Bin Loathen". Could buy one tho

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
This is a product of the PC anti-Semitism laws in Europe.
Further, it is a byproduct of the Denmark cartoon fiasco.
There is no real freedom of speech nor is there any semblance of freedom of expression in Europe.

Hypocritical Islam, as with the non-Christian make-up of Europe consistantly insults Christianity, Jews, etc.
What makes this different?

Its because its EUROPE, and of course, its all about tiolet paper.

I am sure that there are a vast number of people who wonder when the day will come that the Koran (Qu'ran) is outlawed....like Mein Kampf.
There comes a time when being PC simply gets you killed...

seekerof

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
There is no real freedom of speech nor is there any semblance of freedom of expression in Europe.

- This is simply not true.

There is free speech but that can come with consequences; just as in the USA people are subject to the laws of libel and defamation.

Hypocritical Islam, as with the non-Christian make-up of Europe consistantly insults Christianity, Jews, etc.
What makes this different?

- Actually I do not see Muslims insulting Christianity. They actually are quite respectful about the Christian religion as they see many characters from it as prophets to be held in respect in their own.

Non-religious Europeans (notionally of a Christian background) are the ones who you'll find do the "insulting" (or more usually refuse to 'elevate' Christianity).
......and what?

I though you were complaining about freedom of speech a moment ago?

I am sure that there are a vast number of people who wonder when the day will come that the Koran (Qu'ran) is outlawed....like Mein Kampf.

- The day the Koran is connected to and responsible for even a fraction of the suffering and death Hitler's infantile and pathetic ravings were here is the day we consider that.

There comes a time when being PC simply gets you killed

- Really. When's that then?
Not with this guy's arrest that is for sure.

......and exactly what is supposed to be 'PC' about not putting up with idiots who think they can go around stirring up major trouble and get away with it scott-free on the basis that they just happen to think they should be able to?

BTW you do know that even in the UK here we still have blasphemy laws, don't you?
The last successful prosecution under them was not that long ago either.

top topics

join